Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:15

The wounded marines was quickly loaded up on the dropship. The Marines circled wagon around the dropship to protect it. The sound from the massive thrusters was tremendous and the gushing air from the jet outlets ripped and torn in their clothes.

It had started raining again, the same thick almost sticky rain that had fallen before - It was also getting noticably darker. Most likely only another half hour before it would be pitch black down here.

The Marines made a last sweep of the field HQ and then loaded up into the dropship and set off for the remains of the lookout tower.

Site admin

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by Jocke » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:59 am

"Bren- you stay here and keep caring for the wounded. Wolf- You're with me. We'll exit, and find Reccie and First, understood?" Morrison said to the wet, sad-looking remains of his once proud squad.

He then looked over to the LT: "Vincent- Make sure these flyboys give us cover" Morrison spat at the metal flooring underneath him "and also, have you heard from from the rest of our guys? Are we still headed for the tower?"

LcCpl Conrad Heart

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by bull30548 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:51 am

His field bandaging done he motions Bren away and pulls himself up in the stretcher. Picking up his rifle he aims it down to where the ramp opens. Leaning against the wall he cocks the reciever back on his rifle and aims. There is pain and fear in his face. But more than anything there is determination to still do his job.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by Jocke » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:17 am

bull30548 wrote:His field bandaging done he motions Bren away and pulls himself up in the stretcher. Picking up his rifle he aims it down to where the ramp opens. Leaning against the wall he cocks the reciever back on his rifle and aims. There is pain and fear in his face. But more than anything there is determination to still do his job.

Morrison squatted down next to 'his' marine, slowly shaking his head.

"Come on, kid. You've done enough. Just get some rest, and I'll take care of the rest, trust me." Morrison said, softly.

Morrison then took the rifle away from the young marine, despite muffled protests, and just patted Jones's shoulder.

"Just let me handle this. Bren'll look after you. Don't worry. Rest." Morrison then turned his attention back to the map in his lap, as he fought back the tears forming in his eyes.

Just a kid. Way too young for this shit.

"Wolf, once we touch down, I don't want any quarters given. Understood?"

Heads will roll.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by tashw » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 pm

He then looked over to the LT: "Vincent- Make sure these flyboys give us cover" Morrison spat at the metal flooring underneath him "and also, have you heard from from the rest of our guys? Are we still headed for the tower?"
Eileen nodded, "We'll overfly the position from the air first. Whoever they ran up against might have survived that. If they're still down there let's let the flyboys do the shooting."

"I'm heading up to the cockpit, I want to get a look for myself. You try and contact Steel. Find out their situation and what they're doing."

Eileen headed along the length of the dropship to the cockpit, coming up behind Lt Carsson in time to see their approach to the remains of the tower.

"And I thought I was doing well taking out an HQ," Eileen shook her head, and leaned over, angling for a better view of the ground below, "Take us over nice and slow, let me know if you get anything on the sensors."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:12 pm

A huge pile of rusted metal rested on top of the hill like a jagged crown. Trees and bushes had been cut to pieces by the large sheets of metal that had been blow away from the tower. There was no movement.

"No movement...no IR reading either...except from the tower that is...some of those metal parts are glowing like they are really hot" the female Pilot said over the intercom.
Site admin

tommymnemonic
Private

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by tommymnemonic » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:15

"Aye Aye Corporal."

Bren tended to the wounded marines.
Private Gareth Bren
'Break Shots' Rifleman/Medic
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon, 2nd squad

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by Jocke » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:51 am

tashw wrote:
"I'm heading up to the cockpit, I want to get a look for myself. You try and contact Steel. Find out their situation and what they're doing."

Morrison nodded in response, "Understood, boss."

Keying in on his radio, he sent a message to first squad: "Yankee One Zero, this is Juliette Zero Niner- what is your location and situation, over." Morrison said in his unintentionally flat-over-the-radio-voice.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 12 rifle 2

Post by pants » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:32 am

Code: Select all

"Juliette Zero Niner this is Yankee One Zero.  We are currently moving further into the tunnel system under the tower and have found a possible exit through a small creek into another cave.  Will keep you advised of our movements as we advance,"

<Tag Lt Vincent, Cpl Morrison> 
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”