Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:14 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:10

There was no movement in the HQ what so ever. Suddenly the marines head a tremendous explosion from the South East. As they turn they saw the tower shivering, as if someone shook it violently. They with a piercing metallic sound it went down. It looked like a huge needle being stung into the earth as the tower collapsed into itself in a huge cloud of red-brown smoke. The roaring noise of the several hundred tonnes of metal being smashed was incredible. After just a few seconds the tower had disappeared completely and as the sounds rung out over the landscape all that remained was a slowly diminishing red cloud of rust particles.

Site admin

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by bull30548 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:07 am

OOC: Ok Ill ask the question that on everybody mind. What going on with Mckenzie and Jones? Come on the big heroes are down and out they must go conquer the bad on the hill.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by pants » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:45 am

Code: Select all

"This is Yankee One Zero to......after encountering 20 plus armed hostiles who we engaged in a firefight and we were forced to retreat through an underground....

"Any activity you spot at the tower......rendevous with the rest of the platoon as soon as possible.  Please acknowledge that you received this message Papa Bravo?"

<Tag Lt Vincent>
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Jocke » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:20 am

The GM wrote:There was no movement in the HQ what so ever.

Morrison left the gunner's station, and grabbed the first aid gear that was at hand in the APC.

"Wolf, we're going out there. Anything that isn't our fellow marines will get shot by us. Understood?"
Morrison then opened the side-door of the APC, and exited as quickly as he could, staying low and behind cover.

His eyes where darting from left to right, looking for any kind of movement. He clicked the safety down on his rifle, and tuned his radio onto his squad.

"Brent- do you have any movement whatsoever?" Morrison asked over the comnet.

"Wolf- cover to my left, keep and eye out for Jones and McKenzie- let me know the second you spot them."

The Gm wrote: After just a few seconds the tower had disappeared completely and as the sounds rung out over the landscape all that remained was a slowly diminishing red cloud of rust particles.

Morrison didn't register the first few seconds of the tower's collapse, but in the corner of his eye, he saw the sudden movement of the giant structure plummeting to the earth.

"Holy shit..." he hissed under his breath. Having heard Sgt. Steels Message earlier, he tuned his radio onto first squads channel:

"Juliet Zero Niner to Yankee One Zero- I just saw the tower collapse. We've had a hostile encounter, we've got two men and one K9 down. Field HQ is demolished. Over."
LcCpl Conrad Heart

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by tashw » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:52 pm

Eileen emerged last from the APC, just in time to see and hear the full effect of the tower's collapse. She ducked at the shriek of tearing metal as the structure collapsed, before realising the source of the noise.

"November Five Five, Yankee One Zero, this is Papa Bravo. The tower just went down. Do you have any casualties?"

Eileen turned to Morrison, "Enough's enough. This has gone way beyone what we're equipped to handle. We're using the dropship to retrieve recon and first squad and returning to the Costguana."

"I'll cover Bren while he stabilises Jones and MacKenzie and loads them on the dropship, you finish searching the area. Let me know if you find bodies or anything else that might help us work out what the hell's going on here."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Apachetear » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:53 am

Code: Select all

[quote="tashw"]"November Five Five, Yankee One Zero, this is Papa Bravo. The tower just went down. Do you have any casualties?"
[/quote]

"None as of yet." Commed in Jacob grimly "We're fairly trapped down here though it seems. I can't see a way for us to come to surface quickly, recon is checking the place out for us. We've got a couple of wall paintings you might be interested in seeing though..." There was a pause, and an exhalation laden with smoke was audible through the speaker "If we get out of here alive do we count as passing the training mission?" There was a forced joviality to Jacob's voice. He was shit scared - and masking it badly...

<Tag LT>
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

tommymnemonic
Private

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by tommymnemonic » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:59 am

"Aye Aye LT."

(OOC, if the apc has cleared a path that bren can use to enter the building he will enter through that entrance, if he can't get around the apc, he will enter through the door he was covering)

Bren keept his rifle trained towards the entrance and entered the building, trusting the LT to cover him. He tried to find and stabilize the worst looking marine.

(OOC, do I have first aid supplies on me? If not, I will pick some up from the apc on my way in)

Private Gareth Bren
'Break Shots' Rifleman/Medic
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon, 2nd squad

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Jocke » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:38 am

tashw wrote:Eileen turned to Morrison, "Enough's enough. This has gone way beyone what we're equipped to handle. We're using the dropship to retrieve recon and first squad and returning to the Costguana."

"Got it. I just hope that they can dig their way out of there, or that we can find an extract for them."
tashw wrote: "I'll cover Bren while he stabilises Jones and MacKenzie and loads them on the dropship, you finish searching the area. Let me know if you find bodies or anything else that might help us work out what the hell's going on here."

"Just load them up, we'll stabilize them on the fly. We've wasted enough time, don't you think? Do you want prisoners or not?"

Morrison paused to insert a fresh lump of dip in his mouth, and walked up to Bren, as he handed him a olivegreen bag, with a big red cross on it.

"Here. Thought it might come in handy."

Morrison then ventured deeper into the buildings remains, keeping a keen lookout for friend and foe alike.

(OOC: GM- roll them doomdice! Sense danger and finding stuff!)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Nick » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:21 pm

Morrison could not see anything in the pile of rubble ahead of him.

OOC: Tommymnemonic you have first aid gear on you
Site admin

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Jocke » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:47 pm

Nick wrote:Morrison could not see anything in the pile of rubble ahead of him.

"Vinnie, there's nothing here." Morrison dug the toe of his boot into the pile of rubble infront of him, and spat "first and recon are waiting for us, let's get a move on, ok?" Morrison tried to not make his voice betray the tension that he felt building up.

"Bren- do you need any help with the wounded?" Morrison spat at the gray dust between his feet once more "Wolf- what's your status?"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by Jagr35 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:15 pm

As McKenzie is receiving fist aid he comes lucent for a few seconds, mutter in his drug induced delerium...

"Ares...must..Ares..." before slipping back into oblivion
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by tashw » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:11 pm

"Vinnie, there's nothing here." Morrison dug the toe of his boot into the pile of rubble infront of him, and spat "first and recon are waiting for us, let's get a move on, ok?" Morrison tried to not make his voice betray the tension that he felt building up.
Eileen took a final look over what was left of the HQ and the oddly crumpled looking APC, then nodded, "Load the wounded onto the dropship. We'll overfly their last position first, check for any remaining hostiles."

"Carsson, it's Vincent. The APC's a write off, we need transport to the position of the looking tower. I want you to fly us over and identify the nearest landing zone. There may still be hostiles there, so keep the sensors on it and be ready to return fire."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander

tommymnemonic
Private

Turn 11 Rifle 2

Post by tommymnemonic » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 am

"Affirmative Corporal. Two of us can get our guys out faster than just me."

Bren went to find the downed marines and pull them to safety outside the building.
Private Gareth Bren
'Break Shots' Rifleman/Medic
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon, 2nd squad

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”