Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:10

The Marines followed the wide corridor for another fifty meters. They came up to an L-section, the corridor angling 90 degrees to the right. The Marines cleared the corner and continued down the sloping corridor. The floor was wet here, the Marines had to brace themselves not to slip on the slimey metal floor. Some kind of green grey goo covered the floor.

The sloping corridor continued for another twenty meters before opening up in a larger room. This room was not carved into the cliff, but seemed more like a natural cave. Stalagmites and Stalactites covered the semi oval room. There was costant dripping from the roof. A small stream of water leapt from the cave wall and continued through the length of the cave and disappeared out through a narrow opening in the far end of it.

The lights from the Marines shoulder lamps played over the large cave. It was well over 120 meters in length and some 80 meters wide. Here and there old rusted equipment was left behind - Mostly lights, lanterns and generators. Some was beyond recoqnition covered in a thick brown layer.
As lights fell on the eastern wall the marines gasped in awe.

The whole wall was covered in intricate drawings. Carved into the rock itself. As they moved closer they realized that the whole wall was covered with the drawings - Almost like a timeline. They seemed ancient, several thousand years old. Some withered beyond repair...some seemed to have been restored some time ago.

With a shiver Pvt Green recoqnized some of the long headed creatures on the wall. With the bony vertebraes potruding from their backs. There where another kind of creature displayed there also. Larger creatures, with some kind of breathing aparatus on their faces. Many of them placed in throne like objects, with a telescope drawn in front of their masked faces.

The drawings seemed to tell of a great battle between two of the larger creatures. A great spaceship was drawn, resembling a horseshoe, intricate details of it was displayed such as thrusters and antennas. From the spaceship a swarm of facehuggers swarmed over a planet inherited by the other of the larger creatures. A huge piece of the wall had crackled and disappeared here. A small part of the drawing continued beyond it.

With awe they saw it resembling a picture of a human with a facehugger attached to its face...

Last edited by Nick on Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:54 pm

"....Jesus" murmered Jacob as he looked over the wall, presently he snapped back to covering the room

"Alright guys, don't let yourself get distracted by the wall...John - those aliens you were asking about, well those are they right there...lets hope this is all we see of them eh?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by exowolf » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Keeping up with his sweeps of the area Blackhawk couldn't help but notice how Green reacted to the sites. it seemed to make Blackhawk shudder as well. The depictions that he had seen up on the walls and the murmurs of the team and the "creatures" really made him begin to wonder.

Quietly over the coms

"Checking the area with the tracker and eyeing some things up"

He then walked towards some of the equipment inspecting their age and trying to get a fix on what happened there. He took some time to eye up tracks and really work at building a scenario on what had gone on. The whole place really made him curious. The structure and artwork reminded him of some of the ancients drawings and scribblings on walls. This was more immense and done on a greater scale than any cave drawings he had seen before.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:27 am

"Okay, this is just freaking weird." James replied as he took in the art work gracing the eastern wall of the cave. "Jacob, Sarge, I recommend we take a defensive perimeter until we can ascertain that we are safe in this location."

He moved further into the room, letting his lights play along the floor and ceiling. "Sarge, something tells me we may not be alone in this room. I suggest we find our way out of here as soon as possible. Judging from the wall someone or something was restoring the paintings on them and well as you can see they didn't finish the job."

Turning back to face the intermixed Squads, "Recon, I want us to search this location for any way of exit. I don't like the feel of this room. And the best way to make me feel better is for us to get out of here." James began to follow the stream of water moving upstream to see if it would provide them with an egress.
Last edited by Pale Rider on Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by pants » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:41 am

With his shoulderlamp switched on and illuminating the carved scenes on the rock wall, Nick was puzzled by what the hell he was seeing. He wasn't some historian who could make sense of what he was looking at, he was just a simple marine who had a very simple mission - get the rest of his platoon out of this mess that they found themselves in.

"Listen up marines! I want you all to report in now to your squad leaders! Eagle, Honeysett let me know if you've got anyone missing from your squads or if anyone is seriously injured," said Nick over his comm.

"Jacob, Sarge, I recommend we take a defensive perimeter until we can ascertain that we are safe in this location."

He moved further into the room, letting his lights play along the floor and ceiling. "Sarge, something tells me we may not be alone in this room. I suggest we find our way out of here as soon as possible. Judging from the wall someone or something was restoring the paintings on them and well as you can see they didn't finish the job."
"I trust your feeling Eagle, find us a way out of here quick," replied Nick as he watched the mohawked marine start following the slow moving water.

"First squad you've got security detail. Keep an eye on the way we've just come, I don't want any of those sons of bitches that just tried to kill us getting the drop on us, I'm done playing around here anything moves in here that isn't one of us gets a bullet. No fricking warning."

"I'm gonna try and get a message to the LT tell them we're still kicking."

Nick switched frequencies to the command channel and hoped that the message would get through the earth and stone that held them within its self.

"This is Yankee One Zero to Papa Bravo. November Five Five is currently with us at present and we find ourselves in a cave system that extends under the tower. We found ourselves here after encountering 20 plus armed hostiles who we engaged in a firefight and we were forced to retreat through an underground hatch found directly under the tower.

"Any activity you spot at the tower is hostile and I encourage you to engage it with extreme prejudice. We will attempt to find our way out of the cave system and rendevous with the rest of the platoon as soon as possible. Please acknowledge that you received this message Papa Bravo?"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Grambo » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:31 pm

The drawings seemed to tell of a great battle between two of the larger creatures. A great spaceship was drawn, resembling a horseshoe, intricate details of it was displayed such as thrusters and antennas. From the spaceship a swarm of facehuggers swarmed over a planet inherited by the other of the larger creatures. A huge piece of the wall had crackled and disappeared here. A small part of the drawing continued beyond it.

With awe they saw it resembling a picture of a human with a facehugger attached to its face...
Dar scanned the wall, and took in the sight. It was spectacular, but also pretty frightening. The part that made him the most nervous was that they were sent here for a "training" exercise, yet clearly this was way too much of a coincidence.

"Recon, I want us to search this location for any way of exit. I don't like the feel of this room. And the best way to make me feel better is for us to get out of here."

"Got it, Boss." Dar turned, and began to scan the room. Eagle was following the water, so Dar moved towards the wall and began to look for any sign of an exit. He felt for a draft, and looked for any cracks or spaces...

FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by exowolf » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Blackhawk kept on being curious eyeing up the various equipment trying to see if there were any ownership markings on who may have left them behind.

He just wanted some answers. It is just seeming odd that they are sent out on a training mission to walk into all this. Just wonder if somebody knows more than they are letting on.

"Blackhawk here. No motion yet and continuing sweeps"

__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Ronald looked at the pictures and mehed, he was pissed scared of things running around is able to kill him, a few pictures made of some inbred ancient things arent that scary. He looked around a bit and sniffed a few times.

"Guys, im going deeper, im pretty sure there is nothing of danger down here, maybe a sentrygun somewhere" Said Ronald calmly, he walked down into the room, eyeing the other things, he didnt really care about some wall "paintings".
an Donaldson

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:15 pm

Recon, I want us to search this location for any way of exit.
Bojan nodded and searched the room for any sign of an exit.
William Jones

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:04 am

[quote=""exowolf""]

"Blackhawk here. No motion yet and continuing sweeps"

[/quote]

"Good good, stay tight until recon has this place sussed out, keep us updated on the blips."

Seeing Green moving on Jacob commed in

"Green, stay where you're in sight - I don't want to lose visual on any squad member until we've decided what we're doing, that way people don't get lost and people can't get picked off...if you find anything let us know though..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Jocke » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:22 am

Code: Select all

"Juliet Zero Niner to Yankee One Zero- I just saw the tower collapse. We've had a hostile encounter, we've got two men and one K9 down. Field HQ is demolished. Over."

LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:39 am

Green sighed and stopped, he looked around a bit and scratches his cheek. Thinking "when you do something they whine, when you dont do anything they whine" and sighed loudly. "Sir yes sir".
an Donaldson

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 pm

James cautiously approached the fissure that was spouting out the water. It was approximately three meters above the ground level. A rather wide pool of water was at its base. Evidence that the stream was not something new to the site. He shined the light upwards into the confines of the ceiling looking to see if he can find a ledge or something to get his small recon rappling hook to catch on to.

GM

Image Image Image

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by tashw » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Code: Select all

"November Five Five, Yankee One Zero, this is Papa Bravo. The tower just went down. Do you have any casualties?"
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 11 Recon/Rifle 1

Post by Apachetear » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:54 am

[quote=""tashw""]"November Five Five, Yankee One Zero, this is Papa Bravo. The tower just went down. Do you have any casualties?"
[/quote]

"None as of yet." Commed in Jacob grimly "We're fairly trapped down here though it seems. I can't see a way for us to come to surface quickly, recon is checking the place out for us. We've got a couple of wall paintings you might be interested in seeing though..." There was a pause, and an exhalation laden with smoke was audible through the speaker "If we get out of here alive do we count as passing the training mission?" There was a forced joviality to Jacob's voice. He was shit scared - and masking it badly...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”