The 2nd Eightballs campaign
pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by pants » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:08:00
"Hold the tower Yankee One Zero. We've got two people down and hostile forces inside the HQ. The dropship's coming in on our position, I expect to clear the HQ shortly after. We'll co-ordinate regrouping once the HQs secure."
"Acknowledged Papa Bravo. Will hold the tower."

The combined two squads, First and Recon, were securing most of the tower and so were making a fair bit of noise but Nick could still hear the motion tracker blip over the top of the noise and knew that wasn't a good sign.

"Blackhawk what have we got on the motion tracker? Where are they coming from and how many of them are there?" asked Nick as he brought up his rifle, loaded with regular ammo, to cover the entry into the tower.

Turning to the Sarge, "Sarge, I think it looks like we need to secure the perimeter, and if we have time I would suggest we get out there and drag up some logs or something and make a barricade."
"Good idea Eagle, but I don't think we've got enough time for that. Get up on the roof and get me some eyes on whats coming. We need to know what we're facing," he replied to L Cpl Eagle as the marine started his ascent.

Nick turned his attention back to the main entry to the tower and went down to a kneeling position with his rifle aimed at the door. Nothing was coming through there without him introducing it to some high velocity plasma.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Suddenly a whistle was heard. It was evident that it was supposed to imitate a bird, but since the Marines had not heard a single bird since they arrived they became suspicious. The contacts where just a few meters outside the walls, so close that the Marine holding the motion tracker switched it to silent mode.

"Did all go into the tower?" a man suddenly whispered, not two feet from the entrance.

"Yes. Bring up the incinerator...lets smoke them out. Sentry guns...there...and there. No one leaves the tower alive..." a female whispered in reply.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Apachetear » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:54 pm

The GM wrote:Suddenly a whistle was heard. It was evident that it was supposed to imitate a bird, but since the Marines had not heard a single bird since they arrived they became suspicious. The contacts where just a few meters outside the walls, so close that the Marine holding the motion tracker switched it to silent mode.

"Did all go into the tower?" a man suddenly whispered, not two feet from the entrance.

"Yes. Bring up the incinerator...lets smoke them out. Sentry guns...there...and there. No one leaves the tower alive..." a female whispered in reply.
"I don't want to burn to death" whispered Jacob, only audible over the comlink...

Looking at the trap door meaningfully, Jacob looked at Nick and Jim

"I'm not running out into fire and sentry guns. Leave the sentry gun in here covering the doorway while we go down that tunnel...it isn't the best idea, but I'm not burning." Breathed Jacob, his voice amplified in the ears of the marines via the comlink "I don't care if you outrank me, that's where I'm going...I don't want to burn to death, unless you've got a much better idea...but I don't think we've time to brainstorm."

Moving to the trapdoor, Jacob bent to open it "I'll go down first, Jim, you want to take point with me?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 pm

Ronald whispered in his comlink "Sir, I think I can shoot through the walls on them, they sound to be just outside my position, may I fire at will?"

Ronald seemed to be cool now, he had the biggest gun and there wasnt a bug within a mile it seems.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Apachetear » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:43 pm

HeavyGlenn wrote:Ronald whispered in his comlink "Sir, I think I can shoot through the walls on them, they sound to be just outside my position, may I fire at will?"

Ronald seemed to be cool now, he had the biggest gun and there wasnt a bug within a mile it seems.
"Wait until we've got our escape route sorted, then give 'em hell..." replied Jacob...he looked over at John and commed again "Where abouts are they outside, move...very quietly...over to Green so we can point his cannon in the right direction..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Meanwhile I want you to inspect that door and the control panel. See if there is anything we can figure out about this place."
While the everyone else was continuing with their orders, Bojan had dropped off the ladder, picked his gear up again and headed over to the control panel and door to see what he could find out about it.

OOC: I haven't had internet access for the past few days and will have limited asccess for a little while. But I will endeavour to keep up with the posting
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by pants » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:40 am

Damn it, thought Nick to himself as he heard those words, whoever the hell these guys are they mean business!
"I'm not running out into fire and sentry guns. Leave the sentry gun in here covering the doorway while we go down that tunnel...it isn't the best idea, but I'm not burning." Breathed Jacob, his voice amplified in the ears of the marines via the comlink "I don't care if you outrank me, that's where I'm going...I don't want to burn to death, unless you've got a much better idea...but I don't think we've time to brainstorm."
"Get a grip on yourself Honeysett," whispered Nick harshly over the comm.

"Think this through, if these guys have us trapped in here whats to say they don't know about the hatch? Whoever these guys are they're well prepared and I wouldn't put it past them to have trapped the hatch as well. Having said that we've got to chance it. So you, Eagle and Bojan are going to get that sucker open and your gonna clear it first.

"Con, I want you to check out the back wall of this tower and see if we can get out that way. See if there is anyway we can make an opening.

"Green it's your time to shine buddy! Blackhawk, you and Green buddy up I want you to point out where the main concentration of these are so he can light them up. Don't be shy to use your gun Blackhawk! Vaughan, you're with me and Yonman. We're gonna target anything that gets through the hell that Green is about to make. Remember nothing gets through that door. Short bursts through the walls, to conserve ammo, and aim low we might get lucky and shoot some of these bastards in the groin!"

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Grambo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:59 am

Vaughan, you're with me and Yonman. We're gonna target anything that gets through the hell that Green is about to make. Remember nothing gets through that door. Short bursts through the walls, to conserve ammo, and aim low we might get lucky and shoot some of these bastards in the groin!
"Understood", Dar acknowledged, back in combat mode. Suddenly, this had become very very serious... and he was ready for the likely fight.

Dar moved back, and took a position near Steel, covering the heavy gunners and watching the door. Dar then waited for the fire order...
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Apachetear » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:12 pm

pants wrote:"Get a grip on yourself Honeysett," whispered Nick harshly over the comm.

"Think this through, if these guys have us trapped in here whats to say they don't know about the hatch? Whoever these guys are they're well prepared and I wouldn't put it past them to have trapped the hatch as well. Having said that we've got to chance it. So you, Eagle and Bojan are going to get that sucker open and your gonna clear it first.

Getting over his initial panic when he saw the logic and sense in Nick's plan Jacob retorted "Well, if I get burns on me you owe me 2 drinks...got that?"

"Jim, you're good with traps aint you? Check it over, and if it's clear - me 'n' Bojan'll haul that thing open...yes?" Though Jacob appeared sensible to the outside world, in the back of his mind ran the constant mantra of 'I don't wanna burn, I don't wanna burn'

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:33 pm

"Johnson, where is that god damn incinerator?!" the woman somewhere outside snarled. "Give me ten!" someone replied.

Site admin

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by exowolf » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:13 pm

"Green it's your time to shine buddy! Blackhawk, you and Green buddy up I want you to point out where the main concentration of these are so he can light them up. Don't be shy to use your gun Blackhawk! Vaughan, you're with me and Yonman. We're gonna target anything that gets through the hell that Green is about to make. Remember nothing gets through that door. Short bursts through the walls, to conserve ammo, and aim low we might get lucky and shoot some of these bastards in the groin!"
Switching the silent mode on the tracker Blackhawk quietly made his way over to Green and held up the tracker to see the closeness and the blips so he knew just where to let er rip.

He started to count up the blips and realized it was alot...

Quietly over the coms for all to hear "We are surrounded around the tower. The bogies are a few meters off the wall, pretty good concentration of em, if you want I can stop and count em all, rather have Green mow em down sir."

"Green call it on your mark when you want to open fire I will back you up."

Tension was building as he started to get that trigger finger ready to just pump those walls when green wants to.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:52 pm

*With his hands he motions at the door and whispers those around him to fire at soon the door opens*
an Donaldson

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:51 am

So you, Eagle and Bojan are going to get that sucker open and your gonna clear it first.
Bojan tried to see what he could do to open the hatch.
William Jones

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 pm

James shrugged his shoulders all hell was about to break loose and he was not to happy about the situation. Maybe we should go after Weyland-Yutani after all this is over, he thought, our own fraking government is leaving us out to dry for those fraking suits.

"Okay, Bojan you check out the electronics I'll see what I can figure out about the hardware." He pulled out his knife and began to inspect the surface and cracks of the trap door carefully running the edge of the knife into the crack and inspecting it for any tale-tale substances.

GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 9 Rifle 1 / Recon

Post by Nick » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 pm

The hatch looked old and rusty, it had not been opened for a long while. If it was rigged with something it had been done from the backside and if so the damage done by the charge would be minimal to those outside. Bojan checked the panel. It had three buttons: Open, close and stop.

Site admin

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”