Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:41 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 04:06:00

The Marines moved forward towards the field HQ, cautiously. Spreading out they quickly covered the open ground between the jungle and the colony ruins. The Marines reached the first buildings. Leaning with their backs against the dark grey concrete they caught their breath for a few seconds while Pvt Jones brought up the Motion tracker.

The tracker showed no movement what so ever. The Marines fanned out into two smaller groups - One covering each side of the main street. The main street was a straight dirt road stretching some two hundred meters from north to south. The buildings were all adjacent to the road. All buildings were in different shapes of decay, the field HQ was two thirds down the main road.

Suddenly Morrison held up his hand. He saw something. A body laid sprawled in the middle of the road some fifty meters ahead. Next to it a pulse rifle rested, partially submerged in a brown puddle of water.

Site admin

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jagr35 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:23 pm

Hunter sub vocalized into his throat mic recalling Ares back to him. Spying the body he switched back to the team channel. "The one casualty is all we have on a quick search, CPL. I think this would be a good time to re-consolidate the two teams. I don't think this is a training op any more."

With Ares' return he knelt and scratched his bio-engineered partner behind the ears. Reaching into his butt pack he pulled out a couple of pieces of beef jerky offering one to Ares and holding the other out to Jones who had slid to safety behind low wall.

"It's homemade. Ares loves it." he adds matter of factly as he watched the area where the body lay.
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:30 pm

Mission timer: 04:06:00
The GM wrote: Suddenly Morrison held up his hand. He saw something. A body laid sprawled in the middle of the road some fifty meters ahead. Next to it a pulse rifle rested, partially submerged in a brown puddle of water.
"Shit!" Morrison hissed under his breath. "Liutenant, we have a casualty at our 12." he whispered over the squadnet.

Morrison eyes were darting back and forth- rooftops, windows, corners. This was not good! Field HQ are just an evaluation-detail, there's no way that they would be in on the excerise.

"Ok Marines. Keep your bearings, don't forget- roofs, windows, corners. Wolf, I want you up front. Jones- tell me as soon as you get a bleep out of that machine. Don't forget our six- I want 360-degree cover. Easy does it, devildogs."

Morrison then knifehanded down the street, as he started a slow, hunched walk towards the body. They where ready for this. They had to be. He could feel his pulse increase with every step.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:02 am

Jagr35 wrote:"The one casualty is all we have on a quick search, CPL. I think this would be a good time to re-consolidate the two teams. I don't think this is a training op any more."

"Copy that McKenzie. Ok devildogs- single column on me. Wolf, you got point. Looks like we missed the party, but stay sharp, whoever did this might come back. Don't you dare let your guards down."

Who the hell would want to attack a crapy little dirtball like this? Morrison thought as he directed his squad towards the HQ.

He could feel that familiar, blank coldness appearing just behind his forehead; workmode.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:14 am

Having peeked around the corner as he takes the beef jerky. Looking from the motion tracker that he kept moving back and forth slowly. He nodded his acknowledgement as soon as Mckenzie tapped him it was time to move. Jones looks at the surrounding buildings and walls. His thinking was you don't carry a pulse rifle unless you intended to use it. Looking back at the puddle as they got closer looking for evidence of blood. Chewing, looking, scanning, and praying boy he never knew he was so good at multitasking.
ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jagr35 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:10 pm

Hunter rose and adjusted the folding stock of his pulse rifle. His model, was a little more compact than the standard version, due to his having to maneuver through more difficult areas with his partner and the fact that he could fire it one handed if needed. Hard to aim if your partner was pulling on his harness attached to your left arm. Flipping the eyepiece from in front of his left eye he blinked several times to readjust it to normal viewing.

Slapping his side, a unknown maneuver left over from the older Earth war days. He moved forward giving Ares the command of heel to let the canine know they were moving. The dog would take it as a command to stay close even if not directly at Hunter's side.
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by tashw » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:14 pm

"Shit!" Morrison hissed under his breath. "Liutenant, we have a casualty at our 12." he whispered over the squadnet.
"I see them," Eileen replied as she spotted the prone figure lying in the dirt. "Just left them in the middle of the road," she commented pulling out her binoculars to take a better look at the body, "Either there's no one left here or they've got a good reason for not coming out."

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:19 pm

Vincent zoomed in. The binoculars miniature engines barely audible as the lenses focused. The man laid on his stomach, face down in the mud. He wore a camouflage BDU and on his left arm a yellow piece of cloth was tied with a simple know. Acros the mans broad back a dotted pattern was stitched with bullet holes. Thunder rolled over the landscape once more.
Site admin

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:29 pm

"Wait a second Mckenzie." Jones looks over his shoulder and goes really pale. "Mckenzie we are going to the far right wall right now and going to hug it so I can have a chat with the bosses for just a minute." Tapping Mckenzie on the right shoulder to signal the direction change Jones then moves and finds some cover in a doorway. Bringing up the squad comm as he keeps scanning in all directions with the motion tracker. "Hey boss not to question your orders or anything but a thought just occured to me. And I wanted to clear it up with you before we continued. Do we have control of yonder look out tower cause if we don['t Mckenzie and me just walked right out into plain view of anybody wanting to see us. I just don't want to keep meandering down open ground to be sniper bait. We'll wait right here for clarifying orders sir."
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by tashw » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:30 pm

"One of our opposing force," Eileen said as she noticed the yellow cloth, "Something must have brought him back here, and then he gets shot." She considered it a moment then shook her head. Not enough information.

"Alright Morrison, keep moving up, let's get out of the open and into the Field HQ. I'll alert recon and first squad." And maybe in the HQ there'd be something in there to answer her questions.

Platoon Commander

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:50 pm

tashw wrote:"November Five Five, Yankee One Zero," Eileen's voice sounded over the comm, "This is Papa Bravo. We're approaching Field HQ. Got a body here, one of our opposing force, shot in the back, left in the street. There's definitely another hostile group out there."
"Papa Bravo, This is Yankee One Zero" Jacob's voice crackled over the intercom, for the ears of the LT and Morrisson only "Recon have just informed us they've spotted a woman in black, silenced pulserifle at the bottom of the watchtower, Jim reports she's got an imager... I advised moving in with intent to interrogate, but Steel's to confirm the plan." A brief pause allowed them to hear Jacob cough lightly, and then spit

"We've just reached the crest of the hill before the watchtower, we're prone and awaiting advice from recon. They're out of our Line of Sight currently though..."
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by Jocke » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:52 pm

As the liutenant stopped- sop did Morrison, not to take a look at anything in particular, but to get his fix of dip inserted.
tashw wrote:"Alright Morrison, keep moving up, let's get out of the open and into the Field HQ. I'll alert recon and first squad."

"Copy that, m'aam."

Morrison adressed his entire squad: "Ok people, you hear the lady- we're heading for the HQ." he paused to spit "and I'm considering this a hot area. Keep on your toes, don't fuck up- and don't touch anything! Questions?"

bull30548 wrote: I just don't want to keep meandering down open ground to be sniper bait. We'll wait right here for clarifying orders sir."

Morrison turned his head towards the rookie, and sighed. what the hell is up with that kid? Morrison thought.

"Jones, what do we do in MOUT when we have to cross a stretch of open terrain? Yes, that's right, dumbass we run! Basic, fuckin' MOUT- where you not around when they had those 4 weeks of classes?"
LcCpl Conrad Heart

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by bull30548 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:24 pm

"Slight problem with that scenario sir the fact that MOUT never covered snipers. Now that we clarified we can haul ass I say we do just that." Tapping Mckenzie and gesturing down towards the headquarters with a rapid hand gesture to signify run. He tries his best to keep up with Mckenzie as they make their way rapidly to the HQ. As soon as he gets to a place where he can cover the rest of the squad to their position he keeps moving the motion tracker around looking for any movement.

Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
"Easy Eights"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by pants » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:37 am

Code: Select all

"Yankee One Zero acknowledges that Papa Bravo, unidentified hostile group is active in the training area. Any idea about what kind of weapon was used to take down the marine?" 

<Tag Lt Vincent>
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 7 Rifle squad 2

Post by tashw » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:07 pm

"Yankee One Zero acknowledges that Papa Bravo, unidentified hostile group is active in the training area. Any idea about what kind of weapon was used to take down the marine?"
"An automatic weapon of some kind," Eileen replied, "Not an M41 though, nothing like enough damage."

Platoon Commander

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”