Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:31 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission timer: 03:25:00

The Dropship hovered slowly over the canopy - It was a long way down, the ropes would be very slippery in the rain. The Marines lined up, their rifle slung over their backs. Sergeant Steel went first, he gave Lt Vincent a quick glance and a nod before he stepped up on the very lip of the cargo hatch. After a few seconds he pulled his feet towards him and quickly slid out of view. Moments later the next Marine grabbed the rope and repeated the procedure. In less than thirty seconds the whole squad was out. The ropes where cut automatically and the dropship started to accelerate away.

The Marines crashed through the canopy below, branches clawed at them. Ripping at their resilient clothes without gaining at grip. Whipped at their faces and stung at their glove covered hands. Moments later they where down on the murky floor, 50 feet below the canopy. The rainfall was prodigous and the marines quickly became soaked. Luckily it was incredibly hot as well, it was like standing in a warm shower more or less.

The Marines of 1st Squad quickly gathered around Steel for instructions

Site admin

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:18 am

"nice weather" Con said looking around "well at least the rain isn't burning our clothes off like that acid crap back home. Do you think it's ok to drink?"

Stepping in with the rest Con turned to his squad leader "Alright Jacob, you lead I'll follow, I'm already lost in this buch of trees and I do not want to be the one responsibile fo loosing the rest of the squad"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:05 am

Mission timer: 03:25:00
StConstantine wrote:"nice weather" Con said looking around "well at least the rain isn't burning our clothes off like that acid crap back home. Do you think it's ok to drink?"
"I wouldn't try it...we've got canteens don't we?" Grinned Jacob
StConstantine wrote:
Stepping in with the rest Con turned to his squad leader "Alright Jacob, you lead I'll follow, I'm already lost in this buch of trees and I do not want to be the one responsibile fo loosing the rest of the squad"
"Yeah, I'll take point - with John second, looking at your file before the mission you look like you can track - so keep an eye out for signs of paths travelled by humans or big things. Also I wanna know things as soon as they happen, so I want comtech is up with me. Nick 'n' Con, you 2 follow us and Green, you've got the heaviest gear, so going at the back is probably best for you - but keep up yeah?"

looking around, Jacob thought to himself "So, this is my first command - nice..."

"I want everyone to stick within seeing distance of everyone else, this rain is pretty heavy and so's the jungle we're headed into. If you get tangled or lost - com in saying your number in line and simply 'stuck' or 'out of sight' and we'll stop and wait for you to find us or help you untangle - to be clear, that's me as 1, John 2, Nick 3, Con 4 and Ron - you're 5."

Making sure everyone understood, Jacob looked at the map.

"We're headed for Zulu Bravo - and we're gonna go in a direct line, detouring only when necessary. Remember if we can see the watchtower, they might be able to see us - so try and keep it out of sight...but not out of mind. John, me and you especially - but anyone - keep an eye out for sentry guns, as some have been reported by Jim in recon..."

lighting a cigarette and keeping it cupped in his hand to cover the glow and protect it from the rain Jacob grinned and looked at everyone

"So, we good to go...any questions?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:11 am

Sir, will there be aliens?
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:29 am

HeavyGlenn wrote:Sir, will there be aliens?
"I hope to hell not" replied Jacob, grimly, "I hope we never see aliens again Green"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by exowolf » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Blackhawk knew this mission turned for the worst. Sentry guns, talk of aliens, and now as the rookie he was in the Number 2 spot. His hands went cold as the thought of hunting and tracking things he may have never seen or heard of before. How would he know what it was? Tracks are tracks is what his Grandfather always said. No matter the beast they always left some sort of trail behind.
Sir, will there be aliens?
To the squad:

"When I was waking up I heard some chatter about these aliens. I heard nothing good. What happend before? If its a bad omen to talk its fine with me. Its the tracker in me, always curious of things."

After mounting up his gear he took some time to survey the environment. Noticing the little things, looking for that something special to stand out. Sniffing the air, he tried to get a bead on anything living on this "training ground"

Pvt. John Blackhawk #2
Commtech
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 pm

exowolf wrote:
"When I was waking up I heard some chatter about these aliens. I heard nothing good. What happend before? If its a bad omen to talk its fine with me. Its the tracker in me, always curious of things."
Glancing at John, Jacob simply said "We....aren't allowed...to talk about them, it's more than our jobs worth according to some guys from Weyland Utani. They sat us down and asked us all about them before making us promise we would talk no more about them...so Green, Con, lets push them as far from our minds as possible. Nick - you're superior to me, so you can keep 'em as near or as far from your heart as you want."

Thinking back to that mission, Jacob remembered what he'd seen - how he'd had to carry a near dead Jim to the APC at a sprint - while he still had this chitinous black tail snaking around his body....

shuddering, Jacob resolved that when they were on the move he'd have a quiet word with John about them, in the torrential rain a whisper wouldn't be heard by third man along the line.

"anywho - lets move move move"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:18 pm

*Green followed slowly and always did as he was told, he pretty much ignored everyone but Jacob and sighed at the rain*
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:10 am

Stopping to pause, Jacob commed quickly

"Actually, thinking about it, Green - jump ahead to in front of Nick that way, we can bring your weapon to bear without too much trouble...that ok?"

Jacob worried about Green, he'd never been the same after that mission...still the same person - just more reserved and quiet...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:43 am

"Sir yes Sir" said Ronald as quick as the order came, he hurried in front of Nick, he even smiled briefly at Jacob when the man asked if it was okey.

He gave nick a small nod as he passed the man.
an Donaldson

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by tashw » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:03 pm

Eileen's voice broke in on First Squad's command channel, "Honeysett, Steel, we've got a change of plan. Recon have now reported a sentry gun with live ammunition and two black dropships crossing over their position to the east. In addition Field HQ aren't responding to their radio."

"I'm not continuing this exercise until I've confirmed this is intentional. We'll be moving to the field HQ to confirm this. I want you to continue towards the target as planned, but keep an eye out for anything unusual, especially those dropships. Understood?"

nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:53 pm

tashw wrote: Eileen's voice broke in on First Squad's command channel, "Honeysett, Steel, we've got a change of plan. Recon have now reported a sentry gun with live ammunition and two black dropships crossing over their position to the east. In addition Field HQ aren't responding to their radio."

"I'm not continuing this exercise until I've confirmed this is intentional. We'll be moving to the field HQ to confirm this. I want you to continue towards the target as planned, but keep an eye out for anything unusual, especially those dropships. Understood?"
"Roger that LT, continue to target but be extra cautious. Gotcha"

Looking sheepishly around at his squad, Jacob said with a shy smile "Looks like I overheard something we weren't needed to know yet...oh well"

trying to light a fag, Jacob snarled as rain dampened the paper and tobacco beyond repair.

"I and Nick have live rounds on us, learning what we've just learnt I'm gonna give each one of you a clip as a 'Just In-case', Con - you're good for a clip though I believe, light fingered lad that you are"

Distributing the ammo, Jacob ruefully wished he'd bought more...but this was meant to be just a training mission. What was going on?

"Ok, same plan still - lets get going. same plan and formation, we'll just be extra-aware, all of us!"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by pants » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:57 am

Green nodded to Steel as he moved passed him to take up a forward position. Steel nodded back to the red haired marine his eyes constantly scanning the foilage around them. Even though it was a training mission that didn't mean the platoon could take it easy.
Eileen's voice broke in on First Squad's command channel, "Honeysett, Steel, we've got a change of plan. Recon have now reported a sentry gun with live ammunition and two black dropships crossing over their position to the east. In addition Field HQ aren't responding to their radio."

"Acknowledged LT, proceed with the mission but keep an eye out for unusual activity," Nick responded to Lt Vincents comm message.
Distributing the ammo, Jacob ruefully wished he'd bought more...but this was meant to be just a training mission. What was going on?

"Ok, same plan still - lets get going. same plan and formation, we'll just be extra-aware, all of us!"
Steel listened with a stone face as L Cpl Honeysett gave out his orders to first squad. Inside though Nick was pleased with the progress that Honeysett was making as a squadleader but it wouldn't do to show him though, it would just give him a big head!

"Remember marines even though we don't know whats going on, we are still operating as if this is a training mission so DO NOT load your weapon with live ammo until we have a defined threat. However do keep it close to hand in case it all turns to custard quicker than anticipated. Now you heard the man lets move out."

Nick waited for Green to start moving as he constantly scrutinised the surronding area for anything that may threaten first squad.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by StConstantine » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:21 am

"I and Nick have live rounds on us, learning what we've just learnt I'm gonna give each one of you a clip as a 'Just In-case', Con - you're good for a clip though I believe, light fingered lad that you are"
"yeah I got the one clip and a couple of grenades" Con said, fishing around in his webbing and pulling out the clip and one of the basic fragmentation grenades "but should we load up now or wait until further confirmation?"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 4 Rifle squad 1

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:04 pm

StConstantine wrote:
"yeah I got the one clip and a couple of grenades" Con said, fishing around in his webbing and pulling out the clip and one of the basic fragmentation grenades "but should we load up now or wait until further confirmation?"
"don't load up, but keep 'em close"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”