Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Nick » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:06 am

Date: 17th August, 2080AD, 2100 UT
Operation: Training Op
Mission Timer: 00:00:00

The Marines gathered in the hangar. Steel lined them up and made a quick headcount - All accounted for.

The spacious hangar had moments before rustled with activity. The Dropships had been refueled since they had been down with the Recon squad a couple of hours earlier. The Dropships where flown "clean" which was another word for unarmed. The only weapon the Dropship had ammunition for was the Gatling cannon in the nose for self-defense.

Lt Vincent arrived moments after they had lined up, trailing Priest.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:33 pm

Date: 17th August, 2080AD

"So, Squad One. We all square?" Jacob called out.

He was jittery with excitement. So it was only a training mission, but it was his first proper command...it was gonna go without a hitch, he'd damn well make sure of it. They had a new guy who looked more than competent. And Green and Con, well they were veterans now, Green had freaked out last mission - but well, it hadn't been easy or fun for anyone, and he'd been more than good in the mission before. Jacob had never seen anyone so lethal with a smartgun.

Lighting a cigarette, Jacob traced the smily faces on his armour...they were old and faded now - and what was once bright red blood had faded to a dark reddy brown.

Looking at where one of his fingers had been, Jacob cast his mind back to the mission where the Easy Eights had shown their true colours as tenacious and able-bodied men.

Taking a drag, Jacob pocketed his zippo - remembering the cultist he'd killed with it. Taking it back out of his pocket he kissed it lightly and hoped fervently for good luck in the mission to come.

Standing to attention lazily as the LT showed up, Jacob saluted and awaited his next orders - he'd be willing to bet money it involved getting into the dropship...

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:11 am

Eyeing Jacob's armour Con started wondering how anyone could do something like that but he put it out of his mind instead he raised his hand showing Jacob where his pinky had been removed and winked at Jacob "revenge of the 9 fingers"

Then turning to Green Con stuck out his hand "listen Ron, I know things have been pretty tense between us since the last campaign but can we start over, I'd rather have a good friend at my back then an enemy"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:43 am

Ronald looked around at all the things and then at Cons hand, he slowly looked up at his face and shrugged. "Sure kiddo, sure" He said and then looked around again, it was clear he didnt care much about the training mission and clearly planned to just do what he was told to do.

And then he quickly answered Jacob "Sir yes Sir"
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:00 am

StConstantine wrote:
he raised his hand showing Jacob where his pinky had been removed and winked at Jacob "revenge of the 9 fingers"
Laughing, Jacob smiled and nodded "Training mission though, we shouldn't lose any limbs - and I shouldn't be adding more smily faces to my armour..." He said, with a little hint of regret in his voice when he talked of adding faces to his armour.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

bull30548
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by bull30548 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Standing online with everyone else Gavin looked very confused. Whispering over to the Corporal. "Um, sir I know I am just the new guy but isn't standard docturine say we should be ready to deploy for actual combat at all times?", he was actually thrilled to be going on a training mission though. He had heard all the horror stories of fresh recruits being thrown out into the fighting straight away. Most of the veterans would let the new guys go first from what he understood. Either the new guy would get fragged first or he would learn what to do. A very true trial by fire type of situation that didn't allow for any mistakes. "Also sir aren't we supposed to have a true mission briefing so we can ask questions and perhaps come up with some early strategies?" He looked over at the APC's in regards of this for he really wanted to drive one of those into combat. Show the squad one of his true skills and abilities. Being able to run bypasses on doors and cracking open generators to fix them was a great skill. But to plow through barricades and eliminate the enemy with the firepower on that APC. He was sure that would impress even the most hardened of veteran.

ergeant Gavin 'Wrench' Jones
Section B Second Squad
Squad Leader
3rd Battalion 2nd Regiment 8th Platoon
"Easy Eights"

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by pants » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:09 am

As Lt Vincent came into the hangar Nick cast a critical eye over the platoon. Most of them looked at ease and ready for anything. The new recruits seemed to be fitting in well, but you could never tell how someone was going to turn out until they saw combat.

The best indicator of someones character was to get somebody else to try their best to kill them, of course Nick didn't think it was very practical but it was effective.

"Ok platoon the Lieutenant is going to give us our briefing so wait until she's finished before asking any questions. When your ready Lieutenant."

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:05 am

Ronald looked around at all the things and then at Cons hand, he slowly looked up at his face and shrugged. "Sure kiddo, sure" He said and then looked around again, it was clear he didnt care much about the training mission and clearly planned to just do what he was told to do.
Withdrawing his hand Con shrugged also
"well at least I tried" he thought to himself as he walked away "at least I tried"
and I shouldn't be adding more smily faces to my armour..
"Hey, who knows" Con said grinning "we may encounter some red tree sap or a little bunny you can kill for your, uh, impressive collection"
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Jocke » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:04 am

bull30548 wrote: ..."Um, sir I know I am just the new guy but isn't standard docturine say we should be ready to deploy for actual combat at all times?"...

Morrison smiled at the greenie, slowly shaking his head.
"But we are," Thomas stole a glance of the fresh marines nametag "Private Jones- aboard this ship we have more ordnance then you could ever imagine. The corps beleives heavily in overkill capacity. But that does not mean that we will deploy with live rounds everytime."
bull30548 wrote:..."Also sir aren't we supposed to have a true mission briefing so we can ask questions and perhaps come up with some early strategies?"...

Morrison spat on the floor, true to his habit, before answering the FNG's second question; "Yeah. Usually- but what if we're deployed without that luxury? What if we get into a completely different situation then what the briefing described?" Morrison looked the newly hatched marine up and down "...that's why you have to stay sharp in the head." he knocked on the FNG's helmet, before raising is voice to adress his entire squad: "I will not accept any stupidity from any of you! Is that clear? Out in the field, you will stay sharp, you will stay motivated, and you most certainly will learn! Remember people, that all the people in this galaxy that you can trust is in this very room! Out there" Morrison pointed at the hull to his right "I will watch your backs, as you will watch mine! Is that clear!?"

Morrison hoped that his pre-op motivational speak had any effect on the newcomers- usually, the fresher they where from bootcam, the easier it was to make them pumped up.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by exowolf » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:11 pm

"...that's why you have to stay sharp in the head." he knocked on the FNG's helmet, before raising is voice to adress his entire squad: "I will not accept any stupidity from any of you! Is that clear? Out in the field, you will stay sharp, you will stay motivated, and you most certainly will learn! Remember people, that all the people in this galaxy that you can trust is in this very room! Out there" Morrison pointed at the hull to his right "I will watch your backs, as you will watch mine! Is that clear!?"

Barked back "Yes Sir". He continued to stand at the ready and gave an odd look at the kissing up that went on from Jacobs.

Blackhawk started to make a rubbing motion on his nose towards Jacobs. Then back to his waiting. The waiting game...it always is fun to wait, .lets the mind get ready for battle.

Last edited by exowolf on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Jagr35
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Jagr35 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:47 am

PVT McKenzie finished sliding the huge knife in to its scabbard and turned to where the huge Alsatian hybrid named Ares, lay watching intently. The slight whir of its electronic eye barely heard above the thrum of the ship.

Months in cyro- sleep were hell on humans, but for some reason Canines seemed to be none the worse for wear, taking almost a third of the time to recover than their human counterparts. Looking around he saw, as usual, that the K9 team had been separated from the main marine contingent and had been given their own locker room and prep area. This area included Ares’ kennel, med area and food storage room, as well as, a small bunk and locker that maintained McKenzie’s gear and such.

Running his hands over his gear one more time Hunter moved to the door and with a slap on his right thigh called the huge canine to him. “Let’s go meet our new playmates, OK buddy?" he said as he scratched the K9’s ears eliciting a hearty bark from his partner as they headed for the briefing.
VT Hunter McKenzie/K9 Ares
K9, Ground Auxillary
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

"Bystanders only count for partial cover."

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by StConstantine » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:33 am

Snifing, Con caught a new smell on the air, something he hadn't smelt in along time with the Easy Eights. "Ok guys why the hell is there a dog on this ship?" he questioned "and I swear to God if you say its moving rations I will quit this damn marine corps and take up a nice easy job as a damn sewage worker"

PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:54 am

Come on Con, its a friggin dog not a can of food... How can you think on eating a dog you barbarian? Bluh! Shouted Ronald, clearly disgusted of the idea of eating dogs and he spit at the ground once. Muttering for himself slowly.
an Donaldson

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Jocke » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:02 am

StConstantine wrote:"Ok guys why the hell is there a dog on this ship?"

"That would be the K-9 Auxilliary, Con, old buddy." Morrison said to the private of first squad.
StConstantine wrote:"and I swear to God if you say its moving rations I will quit this damn marine corps and take up a nice easy job as a damn sewage worker"

Morrison couldn't hold back a chuckle "No no, Green was right; the corps isn't that barbaric, besides the dogs that we use are enhanced. They cost as much as an entire squad, I've heard- and they're pretty tough. You oughta be more worried about it eating you, then the other way around." smiling grimly at Con, Morrison spat another dark brown glob of saliva at the deck.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 2 Rifle Squad

Post by Apachetear » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:29 pm

"A Dog eh...nice..." mused Jacob, he leant down and went to pet it, stopping short though "it won't bite will it?" he asked of the handler, a new marine - who he had not seen before...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Barnard's Star Campaign”