Turn 22 pt 1.

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by Nick » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:30 pm

The Marines reached the main gate without suffering any causalties. The firing inside the building seemed to have cease as well. The only thing that broke the eerie silence was by the occasional claps of thunder from the ash grey sky above. A trickling rainfall fell from the sky, its cold drops magically finding its way inside the collar of sending cold streams down the back and chest of the marines.

Several bullet holes riddled the area around the main gate. The AP rounds had clawed significant holes in the concrete.

Strewn in front of the gate where a single body, its leg pointing away from the body in an impossible angle. Next to him a black plastic looking weapon laid in a shallow pool of water. He was dressed in a black robe with red linings. Some obscure symbols where sown into the cloth, seemingly on random.

The gate was of massive steel. It probably was several inches thick, nothing in their current arsenal could punch through that. To the right of the gate a small numpad glowed slightly in the dusk.

Site admin

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:59 pm

"Okey Sir... I think I know what this is, you got to press in some code and I got nothing to crack this piece open..." said Ronald, clearly didnt know that Steel knew what a locked door with a keycode was.

The red headed man shoke his head a few times to get less wet and took a few steps, overlooking the enviroment. He gritt his teeth, just waiting for some enemy to pop up but sadly Ronald maybe wouldnt have enough brain cells to react before to late.

Another thunder was heard and Ronald fellt an urge for hot chocolate.
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by pants » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:59 am

"Okey Sir... I think I know what this is, you got to press in some code and I got nothing to crack this piece open..."
"Thanks for that Green! Damn it! Do you know anything about security systems, Honeysett?" Nick asked the other marine.

"Cause if not looks like we might have to jump over this sucker. Or maybe...." with what could only be a look of concentration, Lt Cpl Steel voice trailed off as he waited for Pvt Honeysett's response.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:06 pm

An unlit cigarette in his mouth, Jacob examined the keypad

"Fucked if I know, sorry sir...better go with plan B. When all the shooting begins can I light this fag?"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:31 am

"Just chew it like Rednus, dude"... Said Ronald, thinking on the scary but good marine.

"But how the heck are we meant to come in? I dont think we can press the voice buttom and ask them nicely. I can imagine this... "Hello can I come for a hot cup of chocolate and we can discuss why I gona shoot your brains out?" Said Ronald and glanced over at the keycoder and hoped for a voice buttom, who knows, they maybe worship a nice thing?
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:36 pm

"Chew it? If I wanted to chew I'd have bought chewing tobacco!" Laughing at the suggestion, Jacob then looked at the keypad as if it were some sort of arcane device..."I guess we could just...push a few buttons? See what happens?" Musing on this for a while, Jacob then went and picked up the dropped weapon..."Let's see what our enemy are using..."

(OOC: I have weapons knowledge 64%...)

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by pants » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:19 pm

"But how the heck are we meant to come in? I dont think we can press the voice buttom and ask them nicely. I can imagine this... "Hello can I come for a hot cup of chocolate and we can discuss why I gona shoot your brains out?"
"Good point Green," said Nick in response to Pvt Green's statement.

"I'm no tech wiz, so I can't see a way through this gate that doesn't involve a lot of heavy ordinance, which gives me an idea..." Nick added, a some what sly grin coming to his face.
"I guess we could just...push a few buttons? See what happens?"
"Good suggestion Honeysett, and seeing as it's your suggestion you get to do the honours, after you check out that dead body of course! By the way lads if this doesn't work I'm calling in a dropship to take this sucker out, we can't afford to waste time standing around here sucking our thumbs," said Nick "but I'm going to have to run it by the Sarge since the LT is out of it."

"When your finished checking out the dead guy Honeysett, and make sure he is dead, you get to press the buttons. Won't that be fun? Oh and Green be ready, just in case something happens" said Lt Cpl Steel.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:46 am

(OOC: I'm assuming the GM will post what (if anything) I discover)

"Make sure he's dead? If you insist." Jacob unsheathed his combat knife and drew it swiftly across the cultist's throat.

Wiping the blood on his trousers, he went to the keypad...stopped and went back and dipped his index finger in the blood and daubed a smily face on his chest armour. Chuckling softly to himself he went to the keypad and jabbed about 7 buttons at random, before springing to his side, so he was in a blindside to the door...

"Lets see how this works..." Jacob called to Steel and Green. "Though, blasting the door apart seems so much better as an idea!"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:47 am

Ronald shook his head and sighed as Jacob cut the cultist, acting like the savage he was. Ronald might be dumb but he was no monster, thats for sure he thought for himself.

"Sir!" he said quickly "I dont see any reason why spill time when the private here clearly doesnt know how to handle the equipment, I think we should blow the door open right now! Not that im in command or anything... but lets do it for Minuteman, lets beat these sons of a bitch and walk out of here and earn big meddalions!.

The red headed man looked around again quickly, then back at the door and prayed to anyone listening that pressing buttoms didnt lead to automatic gattling turret defenses and other nasty things, to be extra sure he closed his eyes...
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:30 pm

"Do it for minuteman? I'd rather not! As far as I'm concerned the less time I'm in live fire the less chance there is of me dying. Don't get me wrong Green, I love the job - I just prefer it if I'm not getting killed, and that's already happened nearly twice this mission and we haven't left the street outside yet"

Sitting down, back against wall, Jacob cradled his gun in his arms and checked all his equipment, wiping his blade clean and checking his gun for possible jams...as soon he was all in order he looked at Green -

"how are you for smartgun ammo? I've got a drum here for you, and it might be an idea to enter this place with a full drum..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by pants » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:24 pm

"Sir!" he said quickly "I dont see any reason why spill time when the private here clearly doesnt know how to handle the equipment, I think we should blow the door open right now! Not that im in command or anything... but lets do it for Minuteman, lets beat these sons of a bitch and walk out of here and earn big meddalions!" said Pvt Green

"Do it for minuteman? I'd rather not! As far as I'm concerned the less time I'm in live fire the less chance there is of me dying. Don't get me wrong Green, I love the job - I just prefer it if I'm not getting killed, and that's already happened nearly twice this mission and we haven't left the street outside yet" replied Pvt Honeysett.
Looking at Pvt Honeysett's blood smeared armour vest, disturbed Lt Cpl Steel a fair bit, but he didn't let it show on his face as he addressed the two marines.

"When I told you to check that enemy combatant Pvt Honeysett, I didn't mean that you should cut his throat and paint a smiley face on your vest! Goddamnit marine we are not savages! At least not with people who can't fight back! From now on when I ask you to check any kind of injured person you are not to go all psycho and try to 'ease them on their way' especially when they could possibly provide information. Poke them with your gun if you have to but do not stick your knife in them!" Nick's face was as fierce as his voice as he remonstrated the wayward marine.

"Now it doesn't seem that your mucking around with the door has got anywhere so I want us to fall back and I'll call in the flyboys to see if they can get this door open," with that he turned around and headed towards the nearest cover making sure the two marines followed him.

"Don't forget to take out any cultists you can see but confirm your targets as I'm sure the rest of the lads are inside and I don't want any friendly fire incidents" added Nick.

Reaching cover he hunkered down and switched frequency to contact the dropship pilot.

"Lt Carson? This is Lt Cpl Steel. The LT has been injured and is unable to assume command and Sgt Caden is incommunicado so as such I'm calling you in to make a targeted missile strike on the main gate. Do you copy that over?" Nick casually scanned the are for enemy troops as he waited for a reply from their dropship pilot.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 22 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:38 am

Smiling disarmingly Jacob looked at Steel "You said make sure he was dead, sir"

"Anyway, Sir! Nothing much on the body...scrap of paper with some numbers on, gun's Militech - nothing special - but not too shoddy either...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”