Turn 21 pt 1.

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by Nick » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:30 am

As suddenly as they had been into the situation the fire stopped coming at them. A clap of thunder above their heads ended the crescendo of sounds that had been moments before. Machinegun fire, Pulsrifle fire, impacts and screams. Silence now reigned supreme. It literally rung in the ears of the Marines, it almost felt disturbing how quite it had become. No more muzzle flashes could be seen from the building.

But suddenly the sound of gunfire erupted again, but this time much more distant and still no muzzle flashes. It sounded like it came from inside the building.

Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by pants » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:53 pm

"Fires coming from west building's lower floors. I've been hit but am unwounded, and Green's unscathed the lucky fucker. I estimate 5 people or less keeping us pinned here. How're you?"
"I'm coming out. The LT is down but is being looked after by the Sarge and the rest of second squad," replied Lt Cpl Steel to Pvt Honeysett.

With that he grabbed his M41A rifle from where he had placed it, whilst attending to the Lieutenant, and automatically went over it with his hands making sure that everything was functional and then checked the readout on the top of the rifle to make sure he was fully loaded.

"And bing-o was his name-o!" Nick muttered to himself as he went through the APC door, rifle leading the way.

Taking cover behind the APC he peeked out from behind it's bulk taking a quick peek at the situation noting where Pvt's Honeysett and Green had taken cover and where the opposition were deployed in relation to them.

"Ok boy's we are going to show these frigging hippies why it was a very bad decision to mess with the marine corp. When I say go I'm want both of you to to lay down some heavy fire on the enemy and I'm going to sprint my guts out to get to some better cover. Ready? Go!"

Head tucked down and running in a bent over position to make himself less of a target, Nick ran for the nearest pile of rubble, hoping against hope that none of the cultists got a lucky shot.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:29 pm

"Ok boy's we are going to show these frigging hippies why it was a very bad decision to mess with the marine corp. When I say go I'm want both of you to to lay down some heavy fire on the enemy and I'm going to sprint my guts out to get to some better cover. Ready? Go!"
"Sir yes sir" sceamed Ronald before he stood up and started to shoot again as good as he could, as soon Steel was in cover he stopped and hid again.

After a while he looked over at the building. And then spoke in the comlink "Uhm sir, its sounds like they are fighting inside the building, whats your order?"

For the first time in a while Ronald hopped they werent going into the building for a while...
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by pants » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:17 pm

"Uhm sir, its sounds like they are fighting inside the building, whats your order?"
Breathing slightly heavier after the short run from the APC to cover, Lt Cpl Steel peeked out of cover towards the enemy building, and listened intently to Pvt Green's question.

"Well Ronald, in about 2 minutes we are going to leapfrog towards the front of the enemy building and then proceed to wipe out all the bastards in front of it. Then we are going to go from room to room and wipe out the rest of these human cockroaches," Lt Cpl Steel answered the red-headed marine, his voice even as if he was discussing a trip to the park.

"Pvt Green, how many enemy combatants can you see? Pvt Honeysett what is your count? Have any of them retreated into the building? Does the path to the building look clear, I don't want to be caught out by some basic boobytraps," looking over the top of his cover, with his rifle pointed towards the enemy, Nick tried to take in the tactical situation and maybe pick off some of the opposition as well.

(OOC:Nick will take potshot's at any cultist that is out of the front of the building. His Long Arm skill is 70%)
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:43 pm

Watching carefully, Jacob saw nothing in the windows, and slowly he crept forward to a better position

(OOC: If he doesn't get sniped here's what he does next...)

looking again, Jacob began to scan round for booby traps, checking first at a prone level, then when crouching - and briefly standing too. Ducking back behind his cover he talked into his radio

"It seems clear, though if there are any landmines under the road surface we've a) been very lucky and b) may soon become very unlucky...I've got a very good vantage point here, if you want to move up to closer positions I'll cover you..."

resting his gun on a small bit of wall, Jacob aimed at the building, scanning each window in turn again and again until he was given another order...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:29 am

"I think I saw five before sir, but I think they retreted into the building since everthings sounds from coming inside the building. Now I dont see any at all, I think we should advance while we got the chance..." Said Ronald, sounding a bit shaken.

After two minutes had passed Ronald started to running from cover from cover like Steel would do, if Ronald is alone about moving he stays about the first cover he comes to.
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by pants » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:58 am

"It seems clear, though if there are any landmines under the road surface we've a) been very lucky and b) may soon become very unlucky...I've got a very good vantage point here, if you want to move up to closer positions I'll cover you..."
"Roger that Pvt Honeysett, get ready to move," Lt Cpl Steel replied.
"I think I saw five before sir, but I think they retreted into the building since everthings sounds from coming inside the building. Now I dont see any at all, I think we should advance while we got the chance..."
"Good looking Pvt Green. Ok boys lets take this opportunity while we can. Green you lead the way, hold position when you get to cover and then Honeysett is to leapfrog you to a new position then it's my turn. Move it!" with that Nick watched Green advance to a new position and waited for Honeysett to make his move.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 21 pt 1.

Post by Apachetear » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:26 pm

Scuttling along, Jacob made as small a target of himself as possible - and upon reaching cover, he hid behind it as best he could and aimed at the windows once more

"Ready and waiting for your move Sir"
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”