Turn 17

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 17

Post by Nick » Fri May 26, 2006 6:21 pm

The two dropships towered aloft behind Sergeant Caden as he stood infront of his three squads. Almost forming a full platoon of Marines. The Marines looked motivated, dressed up in battle-gear with helmets, harnesses and city camouflage BDU. They stood in small groups conversating with eachother. Looking confident enough for any spectator, it would be hard to guess this only were their second drop.

The dropbay aboard the USS Costaguana looked like it always did, with the exception that a lot of ground crew ran back an forth. Carrying equipment, finishing the Drop ship preps and doing other unidentifiable services to get the Marines on their way as fast as possible. People running around shouting to eachother and the rumble of the working powerloaders could be heard all around.

Minuteman was a few minutes late and the Marines had a few minutes for themselves before the lineup.

(OOC: You will drop from the USS Costaguana which will stay in orbit just outside the atmospherical limit above NYC)
Site admin

Gosha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 17

Post by Gosha » Fri May 26, 2006 7:08 pm

Pvt Gagarin checked the saftey interlock on his support gun for the third time in as many minutes before he was satisfied and looked upp at the rest of the grunts.
"Once more onto the breach dear friends." He said with a sardonic smirk as he fished out a old and rumbled up cigar from one of his pockets.
rivate Georgiy Gagarin
Section B, 3rd Squad, Gun Team 6, Support
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 17

Post by logician » Fri May 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Sgt Caden took a whiff of the warming exhaust from the dropship engines. It was a familiar smell that reminded him of other anxious prep holds before missions. In his old unit, the CO was somewhat superstitious, remarking that he could sense impending catastrophe in the quiet tension before a drop. Despite his experience, Caden didn't feel that way. One firefight's got the same meaning as another. I'll reserve judgement 'till were on terra firma.

Caden glanced over at Pvt Green, who seemed somewhat disinterested.

"Here it comes, Green: another fine chance to draw combat pay."

The turbines of the dropship nearest Green and Caden grew uncomfortably loud as the pre-flight checklist was run.
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 17

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri May 26, 2006 11:25 pm

Pvt Green jumped a bit and looked at the loud motor and spit on the ground. "God damn pilot is gona get as killed one day, I look forward to the day when we use teleporters or something" he said angrily.

He checked his guns quickly and mostly made sure that his armor and clothes were on nicely. After that he just waited for the pep talk that he didnt really need, he just wanted to go and shoot.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 17

Post by Apachetear » Sat May 27, 2006 8:40 am

Standing somewhat alone, Jacob sits on the floor with his rifle across his legs. He rolls a cigarette...he might as well have as many as possible before the mission began...Not that he was nervous, he just wanted it over and done with as quickly as possible.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 17

Post by rednus » Mon May 29, 2006 11:19 am

Someone shouted (randomly, it seemed) at one of the loader drivers:
" Hey, my cousin loads missile faster than that, and he's a hippy!"

The jesting and overall excited atmosphere the marines produced was a sharp contrast to Chappell's current thoughts, but sat well with the 'Gateway bear'. He looked over at the rag-tag's of third squad and his attention fixed instantly to the talkative one...now quiet and smoking.

A grin escaped Rednus for a multitude of reasons. He cancelled it quickly.

His attention flicked back on his squad.

"Have fun up there , Bojan. but please...."

"...warn us if you puke."
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Gosha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 17

Post by Gosha » Mon May 29, 2006 12:44 pm

Gosha stood with his cigar in the corner of his mouth, jumping and twiching as he loosend up his muscels for the mission to come. He returned rednus glance with a slight rasing of one of his bushy eyebrows.

Gods I hate coming to a new unit... you never know where you have the other buggers

The privates face had grown more and more serious as he loosed up his stale joints and when he finaly was as limbes as was possible in the steady harnes his face was a mask of anger and bloodthirst, low curses and taunts escaped him as he hammered his fists on the cammouflaged helmet and bodyarmourd in some sort och obscure pre battle ritual.
rivate Georgiy Gagarin
Section B, 3rd Squad, Gun Team 6, Support
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 17

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon May 29, 2006 5:11 pm

Private Green grow more and more bored and clearly was anxious to leave the boring station. He glanced at Gosha and decided that he maybe wasnt that that anxious to go down, but what could possible beat him? He had the biggest and the toughest gun of them all he told himself, God could throw hell at Ronald and Ronald wouldnt stop pressing the trigger until every bullet had been fired.

Anyone watching the red haired man with green eyes could see how he smirked and Ronald took a deep breath as he waited. And waited... And waited
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 17

Post by pants » Tue May 30, 2006 3:40 am

Watching the dropship getting loaded was boring as hell and mildly dangerous if you got in the way of one of those powerloaders. Looking around at the gathered platoon Lt Cpl Steel wondered idly how the new guys were going to check out. Most likely they would have to have their hands held through this mission, but that was why they had Squad Leaders!

Looking over at Pvt Honeysett sitting on his lonesome, smoking 'roll your own's', Nick figured this was a good time to introduce himself to the newest member of his squad.

"Hey Honeysett!" he called out over the noise in the drop bay as he walked towards the seated marine "I'm your squad leader Lt Cpl Steel and that dude standing over there," and here he pointed towards a tall red haired figure "is Pvt Green, in my humble opinion one of the best machine gunners it has been my privilege to meet."

Turning to face Pvt Green from where he stood by Pvt Honeysett, he yelled out "Hey Ronald! Come and meet our new guy!"

"So Honeysett tell me about yourself. Is this you first mission? Have you served in any other units?" Nick asked of the seated smoking marine.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 17

Post by AstroBoy » Tue May 30, 2006 8:19 am

Rednus:"...warn us if you puke."
"I'd be more worried about you choking on one of your cigarettes", replied Bojan with a grin.

He then moved over to Morrison for more information as he checked his weapons and his ammunition. He didn't want anything to fail especially without a quick way out.
William Jones

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 17

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue May 30, 2006 10:29 am

Ronald quickly moved over to Steel as soon his name was yelled, he smiled slightly and studied Honeysett for a bit and this shook his hand. "Pvt Ronald Green, from Earth" he said slowly"
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 17

Post by Apachetear » Tue May 30, 2006 11:04 pm

Grinning and shaking his hand, Jacob proffered a drag on his cigarette. "Jacob Honeysett, I'm from Earth too...what part?"

Grinning toothily Jacob stood up, a little glad to be spoken to

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 17

Post by Jocke » Wed May 31, 2006 4:32 am

AstroBoy wrote: ...He then moved over to Morrison for more information...

Morrison was sitting on his helmet, hands nervously running over all the equipment.

Ammo, check. First Aid, check. Weapon- locked and loaded. Radio- batteries show 100%... Explosives, detcord, check. Hope those buckshot rounds will do the trick... It was a nervous habit he'd carried with him his entire life. So when Pvt. Bojan squatted down next to him with a inquisitory look on his face, Morrison felt releif- he had finally gotten something else to focus his thoughts on.
Making sure the entire squad had their datapads up, and was in hearing range, Morrison stood up and began to brief his squad.

"Ok people, listen up! First off, I just want to say that we'll be pretty much on our own on this one, so no fuck-ups allowed." Morrison looked up at his squad. " Move slowly and safely, guys. We'll land as close to the antenna as possible- and try to take it down via good 'ol explosives- we don't want those cult-assholes to get a message off, right? I can fiddle with the explosives, whilst Gagarin and Bojan provide perimeter overwatch, as all this is going down, I want you Carter, to find us a secondary way in- I don't trust those doors at all." He held up is datapad in plain sight, for all to see. "But if we have to, we can bypass them in a jiffy. As far as this whole 'security dome' deal goes- I have no idea what they mean by it- so your guess is as good as mine, people. If it as much as resembles a pillbox, I'll tell our flyboy and -girl, to hammer it. Questions?"

Man... since when did I become such a git r' done lecturer? Morrison thought, eyes sweeping over his squad, looking for a question, suggestion, or whatever.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 17

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed May 31, 2006 8:16 am

"Oh another Earthling" Ronald said and tried to sound like some spooky alien before he acted normally again. "Well im from the place that they call England."

"And oh kid, stop the smoking, its bad for your health and most of all for my health so it or do like him" Ronald pointed over at Rednus. And then talked so only Jacob heard, "that guy eats his ciggarrets, its totaly wicked cause I tried it to and well... Tastes like shit" then he laughed loudly so that almost everyone in the hangar looked at him briefly.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 17

Post by Apachetear » Wed May 31, 2006 9:22 am

HeavyGlenn wrote:"Oh another Earthling" Ronald said and tried to sound like some spooky alien before he acted normally again. "Well im from the place that they call England."
"No shit!, I'm from Birmingham"
HeavyGlenn wrote:"And oh kid, stop the smoking, its bad for your health and most of all for my health so it or do like him"
Jacob politely stubbed his cigarette out on the cold floor and threw the end into a bin. "I'm not gonna quit, not for no person, but if it aggravates you I'll stop smoking around you" He smiled warmly, and placed an unlit cigarette in his mouth so it was just hanging there.
HeavyGlenn wrote: "that guy eats his ciggarrets, its totaly wicked cause I tried it to and well... Tastes like shit" .
"He eats 'em?! What a weirdo, they taste like shit...I can usually last a single mission without one, makes the first one when I get back taste even better...Anywho - what do you think of this mission we're going on? Looks like I'm gonna be man 2 in your gunteam...hope I can live up to my predecessor..."

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”