Turn 16

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 16

Post by Nick » Sat May 20, 2006 1:49 pm

40 minutes had passed since they arrived at Gateway and now 8th Platoon stood lined up again. A few of the Marines had changed to their civilian clothes while others hastily had to jump out of the shower and put on what ever was in reach - Others had already started to venture out on their own and had to be called back through the internal speaker system. The Marines faces betrayed their true feelings about this; they knew what was to come.

It was indeed a motley crew that stood in front of Minuteman. He looked a little tired. Next to him three new Marines the 8th platoon did not recognize stood in attention wearing mint uniforms.

"I'm as pleased as you are about this." Minuteman began, with a voice like he really meant it. "But we are Marines and we have a job to do...Like it or not, this is what you signed up for." Minuteman continued.

Someone muttered curse.

"But first things first...I have good news for one of you" He looked over at Andy Dufresne who’s wet hair still dripped from the shower he had abandoned in all haste a minute ago.

"Dufresne, You have been transferred to a garrison company back on Earth as per you requested. You leave this room immediately as this briefing is classified. Thank you for your service!" Minuteman and Dufresne saluted each other which after Andy gave the platoon a short glance and left the room.

"Luckily, we also got a few replacements for this Op. In fact something went wrong and we got one more than we asked for but hey, I am not telling anyone" A few Marines smiled briefly.

"This is Corporal Morrison, Private Gagarin and Private Honeysett. I expect them to be treated like you would like me to treat you…not as I treat you" A few Marines grinned at the subtle joke.

The three marines grabbed their stuffed duffel bags and joined the line of Marines.

Minuteman took a few seconds for the new guys to get into line before he continued. “This am about to tell you is for your ears only. Do not speak about this information so anyone can overhear youâ€
Site admin

Gosha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 16

Post by Gosha » Sat May 20, 2006 4:46 pm

Muttering a low curse to himself in his nativ russian at the prospect of being thrown into the shit with a outfit he didnt know or had even traind with yet.
"Sir" Private Gagarin raised his hand slightly, damn thous new fatuiges kept itching.
"How do we treat civvies" He coughed theatricaly "Exuce me: noncombatants, on this run? Or do we just slaughter them all?" A slight grin came over his face as he contemplated the ramifications of the 'weapons free' order. As he waited for the repons he glansed to his sides at the rest of his new outfitt to see their reactions to what he just said, or rather how he said it.
rivate Georgiy Gagarin
Section B, 3rd Squad, Gun Team 6, Support
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 16

Post by Nick » Sat May 20, 2006 6:11 pm

"Uhm...well civilians are to be treated as non-combatants according to the Geneva convention. That means that they are no-go" Minuteman gave Gagarin a peculiar look and then looked for more questions.
Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 16

Post by Apachetear » Sat May 20, 2006 8:46 pm

Leaning across to the person next to him...the medic Magnus...Jacob whispered "what had happened to the woman? what was on her face?"

contemplating the 'free weapons' instruction - Jacob already felt the incinerator unit in his hands...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 16

Post by Jocke » Sun May 21, 2006 5:36 am

The GM wrote:...and then looked for more questions....

Raising his right hand, L.Cpl Morrison spoke: "Sir! Do we have an estimate of the number of opponents? And will we have any kind of backup with a perimeter or such?"
Cause I'd really just fuckin' hate having to chase someone down in central NY... But this looks as a tight crew, which is good. Hafta talk to Caden tho- get a feeler. he thought.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 16

Post by Nick » Sun May 21, 2006 5:41 am

"The cult has approximately a hundred members worldwide, it could range from 5-30 armed suspects...or more in the headquarters. Worth noticing is that most Order of the Blue Dragon cultists have a distinguishing tattoo on their left lower arm. It is a blue tribal looking tattoo with black outlines." Minuteman said

"As for backup and perimeter. Local Police units will set up a perimeter as soon as we begin the assault. There will also be two national guard units to provide backup" Minuteman concluded.
Site admin

Gosha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 16

Post by Gosha » Sun May 21, 2006 9:05 am

"oh great weekend warriors and flatfeet" He muttered under his breath. Raising his hand again slowly
"Sir? what about collateral dammage? And do we take prisoners?"
Not wery fond of missions in heavely populated ares where there are to many civvies and other things to take into account, and his frustration was clearely noticable in his voice.
rivate Georgiy Gagarin

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 16

Post by Nick » Sun May 21, 2006 3:16 pm

"Collateral damage is to be minimized. Prisoners are to be brought back for interrogation"
Site admin

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 16

Post by tashw » Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 pm

"Sir," Macguire spoke up from the rear of the room, "We've got 5-30 suspects. What about these... facehugger things. Has anyone from Yutani decided to tell us how many of them are missing from the ship?" She smiled slightly, "Better yet they got any clue what the hell they are?"
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 16

Post by logician » Mon May 22, 2006 10:08 pm

Sgt Caden stood at the rear of the briefing and observed the platoon, most especially the new arrivals. He found that watching someone's reaction often gave you an idea of their personality. They might be a little rough around the edges, but I think they'll do... Hell, they'll have to... Despite the increased danger of this mission, Caden was looking forward to it. Planetside with atmosphere... no worries about hull breaches, at least. Still, a slightly better chance of encountering some loony with a gun.
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 16

Post by Nick » Tue May 23, 2006 6:24 am

"Sir," Macguire spoke up from the rear of the room, "We've got 5-30 suspects. What about these... facehugger things. Has anyone from Yutani decided to tell us how many of them are missing from the ship?" She smiled slightly, "Better yet they got any clue what the hell they are?"
Minuteman cleared his throat "At most one or two. Actually we don't even have intel on them having anyone it is just suspected that the cult would bring them to this secure location. I have very little information on the facehugger, in fact I got none at all. I am assuming they come from LV-426 and that they somehow were part in the destruction of the Marine half-platoon there six month ago. But thats a guess as good as any other"

"Sergeant Caden. Get the troops ready for departure in two hours. I leave the platoon loadout to you, no restrictions on that part. See you in the hangar in two ours" Minuteman gave a sloppy salute and left the barracks.
Site admin

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 16

Post by Jocke » Tue May 23, 2006 6:49 am

The GM wrote:"...I leave the platoon loadout to you, no restrictions on that part...

Looking up from his datapad, L.Cpl Morrison turned to Sgt. Caden, "Hey, sarge- this blueprint is... crappy, to say the least. Get me some explosives, and drop Gagarin and me off at the roof- we can take out that antenna, and blow our way in thru one of those doors. Standard two-point entry, you know?"

Goddamit... it's just like the epsilon raid, allover again. But what the hell is a facehugger?
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Gosha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Turn 16

Post by Gosha » Tue May 23, 2006 8:44 am

Tilting his head slightly to one side as Morrison started to confer with the sarge. He scratshed his chin absentmindedly for a few seconds.

If they think im going to lugg that bloody smart gun down all thouse flight of stairs they got another thing coming.
rivate Georgiy Gagarin

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 16

Post by AstroBoy » Tue May 23, 2006 11:06 am

Private Bojan turned to Chappell and asked, "So how are we going in? Got a plan or is that for Caden to work out?"
William Jones

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 16

Post by logician » Tue May 23, 2006 12:21 pm

L Cpl Morrison: "Get me some explosives, and drop Gagarin and me off at the roof- we can take out that antenna, and blow our way in thru one of those doors. Standard two-point entry, you know?"
Sgt Caden thoughtfully considered the suggestion.

"Taking the initiative, eh? Lt Minuteman introduced me in a way, but let's make it official."

Caden extended his hand, first to L Cpl Morrision and then to Pvt Gagarin. The sergeant then waved his arm across the platoon.

"We 'Eights' haven't been together too long, but we've seen some action. That 'facehugger' thing the LT referred to seems to be what the Blue Dragons are so hot after."

Sgt Caden took a firm stance and looked over the 3rd Squad.

"My policy is that we all bleed for each other. We hold ground together and we push on as a team. ...honor before glory and home before bedtime... As for your suggestion, Morrison... I can't argue with it, since we're basically flying blind here. I want you to take along Pvts Carter and Bojan for support. That makes a five-man assault team up front while you infiltrate with your four from up top; deploy on the roof via dropship and keep on the com while we work towards each other in a sweep."

Caden walked over to the supply lockers and opened one, exposing a rack of weaponry.

"As for armament, we'll stick with high-caliber AP rounds. Those cultists will most likely be sporting armor and automatics. Incinerators are likely to cause fires, anyway."
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”