Turn 14

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 14

Post by Nick » Sun May 07, 2006 4:30 pm

The airlock shut behind them with a metallic clonk. The WY109 was finally abandoned by all life. A few of the small metal canisters had been brought back onboard with strict instructions of handling them with caution.

The WY 109 navigator was set to the nearby twin sun of the system which into it would crash in approximately two hours. This was because of quarantine reasons, who knew what lurched inside the hull of that ship. Copperstone had put up a mild protest mentioning something about a million dollar bill, but the marines faces looking at her quickly quenched any plans of lengthy discussion - Or as Minuteman had put it: "An order is not the start of an discussion...its the end of it"

The Dropship detached from the trawler. The marines were seated in the cargohold once again, but one of them laid strapped down to the floor in black plastic bag. No one said anything during the whole return trip. Which, in Greens case, was remarkable.

As soon as the dropships bay opened the marines were half-way out of the dropship even before the hatch touched the ground. MacGuire and Chappell carried out the remains of Shirak and put them in the cargobay of the Costaguana. Everyone felt extremely relieved to be back. To be safe and relax.

Minuteman quickly rounded up the Marines outside the dropship. The metal around the dropships exhaust ports still "ticked" as the hot metal cooled down again and the smell of fuel stung in their noses.

"Ok Marines...I'm going to hold a quick debrief before you get to hit the showers. We had a mission. To investigate and solve the WY109 hijacking situation. This we done with grate success. Good job everyone. Especially Green for good shooting and MacGuire for your accurate assessment of the situation." Eye gave both a short glance.

"Sadly we lost one of us in this mission. This is unfortunate but something we have to accept in our line of duty. We are Marines. Last to know first to go. First in and last out. You all know the drill....Assholes and elbows" Minuteman gave a brief smile and some of the Marines muttered something in aknowledgement.

"Priest has unfortunately not been able to lock into the kind of ship that was here before we arrived. What we do know is that it most likely picked up the missing Android or Androids from WY109 and that they carried at least one canister with them. I have understood that the content of that canister...is what you saw attached to the face of that Woman back on WY109. I don't know what the hell it was. But I know it was ugly...and I am sure I don't want someone playing with one near my kids..." Minuteman seemed to joke but lacked the smile.

"We will send all intel we have back to USCM high command. We will now return to Gateway...get some R&R and see how this develops. Copperstone has informed me that what you have seen is top secret...and I agree. We dont want to cause mass hysteria...so keep what you saw to yourselves. Another aspect to this is that we most likely will be upgraded to a higher security rating...which means we actually might get to know what the hell that was" Minuteman gave Copperstone a chilly glance.

"...and that also means that we might have to encounter one of those facehuggers...things again."

Minuteman pulled his cap off and ran his fingers through his shortcut hair.

"Ok people...dress down and hit the showers...I'll ask Priest to start hitting the numbers it so we can get home"

Site admin

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 14

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue May 09, 2006 5:00 pm

"Sir yes with pleasure sir!" roared Ronald happily and stepped next to Andy Dufresne and gave him a friendly push. "Saw that alien thingy? Sounds like it was pretty creepy and all that... Well Gona be nice to get out these clothes and maybe have some lunch, or what do you say Andy boy?"
an Donaldson

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 14

Post by logician » Wed May 10, 2006 11:48 am

Lt Minuteman: "Ok people...dress down and hit the showers..."
Sgt Caden let out an inaudible sigh. The mission was officially over, but that was a mixed blessing... trawler secure and hostiles neutralized, one dead Marine and a missing canister. Despite the hiccups that could be expected on any such operation, Caden was pleased with the performance of his Section. The sergeant opened a velcro pouch on his BDU, removing a cigar and lighting it. He began to help the Marines unload the dropship and stow away their equipment in the utility lockers.

A short time later, he retired to his quarters and activated his terminal. What Caden wanted was rest, but some things were more important. He began typing on the touchpad:

Code: Select all

TO   USCM Enlisted Affairs Officer (03 Batt)
FROM Caden, Atticus (Sec Sgt 03 Batt 2 Regt 8 Plt)
SUB  Service of Shirak, Xigo (Pvt 03 Batt 2 Regt 8 Plt 1 Sq)

Next of Kin message:

It is my unfortunate yet solemn obligation to inform you that Pvt Xigo Shirak was killed in the line of duty while participating in a rescue action near the Denobola star. I was Pvt Shirak's commanding officer for the mission and, while I did not know Xigo well or for long, I can comment that he performed his duties in an honorable fashion. The sacrifice of Pvt Shirak alerted the other Marines to a dangerous situation and enabled a quick reaction. The Systems Government and the United States Colonial Marines offer their condolences...
Sgt Caden stopped and stared at the screen, thinking of what more he could or should type. It's a damn shame; what more can you say?
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 14

Post by rednus » Sat May 13, 2006 5:12 am

Shaken didn't begin to describe it, and the image remained burned in Chappell's mind. those fingers, the coiled tail... it was breathing...giving the nav ...life?

Other marines made their way running through the usual post mission routine. He kept smoking, now sitting in an empty dock. Its silence demanded inward-reflection.

so, we're to kill some renegades...who knew of this thing...and of which neither the USCM nor Weyland-Yutani had any prior knowledge....

o.k , I'll jump through some hoops, maybe get some answers....

he stamped out his final cigarette , a neat pile of 'looks like ..ten'. he thought , a closer estimate being near twice that.

The dropship pilot, Carson, returned to the hangar having forgotten something.
"We're being lied to , but its all smiles from here , got that ?" was Rednus' only greeting , as he made his way to shower block B.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 14

Post by pants » Tue May 16, 2006 12:17 pm

"Ok people...dress down and hit the showers...I'll ask Priest to start hitting the numbers it so we can get home"
Watching the rest of the squad's disperse, to hit the showers or whatever else they needed to do, Lt Cpl Steel still felt angry. Angry at the Android that had ended Comtech Shirak's life. Angry at the Corporation for putting them in this situation over some stupid containers, but mainly he was angry at himself for not being there when one of his squad needed him.

Leaving the Docking Bay he headed to the showers to try to wash the anger away. He doubted it was going to work.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”