Turn 12

The 1st Eightballs campaign
logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 12

Post by logician » Mon May 01, 2006 12:30 am

L Cpl Chappel: "...recommend pack-up of 'A'-gun" [...] Chappell soon found plastic ID card [...]
"Well, that's a break for us at least. Good call, Chappell. Hustle over to the 'hush puppy' and make it inactive."

Sgt Caden turned to Veroskaya's near-motionless form and sighed.

"Two birds with one stone, I guess. If that's what's inside those bio-hazard containers, I am not pleased. We better round up the rest of them before one of us makes a friend like Veroskaya did here."

Not that I expect it to do any good, but here goes... Caden spoke into his comm:

"Ms. Copperstone, what do you know about this bug?"
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 12

Post by rednus » Mon May 01, 2006 5:02 am

Hustle over to the 'hush puppy' and make it inactive."
"Consider it done, sir." he looked with cold unmoving eyes, satisfied that at least some of the mystery was solved . Leaving the newly formed unit on second deck, Rednus made his way down to the sentry-gun and began to perform the same pack-down he'd done hundreds of times before.

The weapon itself was now 'cold' , not only in a military sense but a real, finger chilling one. ..Un-common... he mused and pondered on this a while, trying to negate recent events from his thoughts.

As the main bulk of the item was packed securely into its case, the 'Hush-Puppy' recieved some kind words; 'There's a good boy'...

"Marines..." said Chappell as he noticed the guards near the airlock.

"...Shit is getting strange. Steel, Green, we leave soon.....
the navigator, ... she... has somthing attached to her face......."
"....I'd report to Sgt. Caden. We still need those......containers."

Rednus seemed distant , a combination of being distracted with the sentry pack-up and the horror he'd just witnessed burning itself nicely into the subconscious mind , perched ready for a 're-visit' when he least expected it.
Last edited by rednus on Mon May 01, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 12

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon May 01, 2006 11:25 am

Green looked at Chappel, kept back a chuckle at the "she has someting attached to her face" and thought they meant something else. He stood up and starting to pack things, ready to leave with the others now.
an Donaldson

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 12

Post by pants » Tue May 02, 2006 9:32 am

"...Shit is getting strange. Steel, Green, we leave soon.....
the navigator, ... she... has somthing attached to her face......."
"....I'd report to Sgt. Caden. We still need those......containers."
Shirak's death was still a sore point with Steel, as he stood guard with Pvt's Green and Dufresne at the airlock, but he had got it under control by the time Rednus had packed away the Sentry Gun.

"Position is still secure Sarge. Do you want me to send Pvt Green to your position to help with the search for the containers?" he asked over the comm.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”