Turn 11

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 11

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:22 pm

Just as Squad 1 moved up to investigate the remains of Stephan Minutemans voice was heard.

"We have re-positioned the ship closer to the WY109 for better communications" his voice still sounded distant and there where a lot of intereference, but the transmission was solid.

Priest cut in directly after "We have also run a background check on the WY109 crew. The Navigator has been identified as a Natachya Veroskaya. According to our files she joined the ship just prior to it leaving for Acheron" Priest said, his voice calm as ever.

"Copperstone has a few questions" Minuteman said and his voice was replaced by a high pitched female voice "Is it on?...Okay..I need to know if any of the containers are missing. I also need to know if the ones there are still intact. If anyone of them are breached or damaged you can't..." she was abruptly interrupted and some muffled talking was heard

"...okay you heard her. Split up by squads, investigate the container more closely and bring me that navigator...Alive" Minuteman concluded.

Site admin

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 11

Post by tashw » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:37 pm

Kelly backed away from the ladder and step back, looking slowly around, her smartgun naturally tracking her gaze, "You know I can't help thinking our rogue toaster had plenty of time to get up here. If whatever's in those containers is so damn important I reckon we don't want to be leaving her up here alone with 'em. We should check this deck out first."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 11

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 am

Bojan moved to Lt Cpl Chappell to regroup and wait for more direct orders.
William Jones

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11

Post by logician » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:00 pm

The threat from Cpt Stephan was neutralized, but the Marines on the Engine Deck were still tense from the firefight. Sgt Caden walked over to the splattered android, kicked its remains, and checked its uniform pockets for anything of interest. Minuteman's right... Damn, in all of the excitement, I forgot about the navigator...
Pvt Macguire: "We should check this deck out first."
Caden returned to the ladder and looked up at Pvt Mcguire.

"Agreed, but first, we find Pvt Shirak and get his status. I never leave a fallen Marine."

Hearing Mcguire's comment reminded the sergeant of something she had said earlier:
Pvt Macguire: "I dunno what it is, but I'm damn sure our Captain here's not telling the whole story. [...] I mean it, Sarge. Keep an eye on him."
"Good call about that captain, by the way... I didn't suspect him. Woman's intuition, perhaps? Let me know about any more of your hunches."
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11

Post by Magnus » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:04 pm

logician wrote:"Good call about that captain, by the way... I didn't suspect him. Woman's intuition, perhaps? Let me know about any more of your hunches."
"Way to go ovaries!" Magnus said, coming up with McGuire. "Seriosuly though, about those containers. Didn't one of the escapees jettison with one? How the heck are we supposed to round that up?"
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 11

Post by rednus » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 am

How the heck are we supposed to round that up?
"We pull up records on where that pod was going, right now thats secondary ...." murmured Chappell

" o.k Form up . You heard the man , we go find Shirak"

He couldn't help himself , the tension of the situation got the better of him and nullified Rednus' ability to remain tasteful. He turned to the medic.

" So Carter, " said Chappell, pointing in Shiraks general direction.

"How good a medic are you....?
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 11

Post by pants » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 am

"Agreed, but first, we find Pvt Shirak and get his status. I never leave a fallen Marine."
Coming down the ladder Lt Cpl Steel, grinned his wolfshead grin at the sight of the "Captain" lying on the floor, most of his head splattered across the floor next to him.

"Good shooting Green! That will teach these goddamn soulless robots you don't mess with the Marines!" he said, looking at Pvt Green and giving him a quick thumbs up.

"Now what Sarge? We gonna sweep the ship? Who's going to guard the airlock? I want to be in on finding that metal bitch, but the mission comes first, whats our orders?"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11

Post by Magnus » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:53 am

rednus wrote:"How good a medic are you....?"
"Well..." Magnus began, remembering the scream everyone heard over their comm system. "I'd like to think I'm pretty good at keeping someone from death's door."

"But... bringing someone back after they're flatlined like Shirak," (And probably in a few pieces knowing the phenominal strength of the synthetics Magnus thought to himself).

"I leave that stuff to God. I don't think he'd appreciate me butting in on his act."
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 11

Post by rednus » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:09 pm

The Navigator has been identified as a Natachya Veroskaya. According to our files she joined the ship just prior to it leaving for Acheron
"Sorry... Priest ?" said Rednus into his comm, thinking aloud.

"...Are you saying she's human...?"
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 11

Post by HeavyGlenn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:09 pm

Ronald smiled and kissed his enourmes gun once and laughed loudly. "And thats why you dont fuck with Ronald green!" He shouted once as well.

After that Green just nodded and smiled to all who spoke to him and did whatever he was told, now he looked happier then ever.
an Donaldson

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11

Post by Magnus » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:58 pm

HeavyGlenn wrote:Ronald smiled and kissed his enourmes gun once and laughed loudly. "And thats why you dont fuck with Ronald green!" He shouted once as well.
"He might be a loonie, but at least he's a good shot." Magnus smiled.
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 11

Post by logician » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:39 pm

L Cpl Steel: "Now what Sarge?"
Sgt Caden interrupted the banter sharply:

"All right, all right... I know you're all excited that Green pulped an android, but the job's not done. Priest... Do you have a lock on Shirak's location and vitals? Are we gonna need a bodybag or a band-aid?"

Caden turned to face the grouping of Marines, visibly concentrating for a moment while he waited for Priest's reply.
L Cpl Steel: "Who's going to guard the airlock?"
"Considered yourself volunteered. Green, you stick with Steel near the Airlock and keep Ms. Veroskaya on this vessel. This goes for everyone: If you encounter her, take her alive if at all possible. We need the info to find out just what in the hell we're bleeding for here."
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 11

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:22 am

"Sorry... Priest ?" said Rednus into his comm, thinking aloud.

"...Are you saying she's human...?"
"Yes, she appears to be human." Priest replied.
Site admin

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 11

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:27 am

Not happy with Priest's confidence, Bojan replied to priest, "We've accounted for all the human crew haven't we? Why wasn't this in the mission brief?" as he loaded his grenade launcher with his baton rounds anyway.

After loading his weapon, he moved to the disfunctional synthetic to see if anything was worth salvaging for actual use or something interesting.
William Jones

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 11

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:23 pm

Ronald who stood next to the corpse looked down on Bojan and kept back a chuckle. "Looter huh? Dont worry, I like to take stuff from corps... Dead things as well" Ronald said with a smile.

Afterwards he did as he was told and took position at a good point overlooking the airlook and waited to see what happened next.
an Donaldson

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”