Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 4

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:08 pm

Denebola System
Hangar bay
Mission timer: 1:23:50

"Ok Sergeant, I want them loaded in five, departure in ten" Minutemans voice crackled over the intercom, a hint of excitement could be heard in his voice. Minuteman, Copperstone and Priest would remain on Costaguana and lead the mission from there. Something that had caused mild disgruntlement amongst some of the troops.

The Marines where currently finishing their dress up. Weapons where loaded and cocked with a metallic clatter, lockers where slammed shut with a bang and armor straps where tightened up. Minuteman had ordered that two motion trackers and three incinerator units would be brought along - In addition to this two remote-sentry units should be brought as well.

All of the weapons had been loaded with special low-v (low velocity) ammo, that means that they where solid metal jackets rather than the light armor piercing high explosive that where the standard round for the M41 and M56. This was standard USCM procedure when fighting inside non military (thus unarmored) spacecrafts not to breach the hull and compromise the atmosphere. They didn't of course cause the same damage but they where in no way harmless.

Normally they would load up into the APC which then would drive into the Dropship cargobay, but since this was a boarding mission they would leave the APC behind. The plan would then be to use an umbilical to attach to the WY 109s airlock, go through it and make entry.

Site admin

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 4

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:45 am

Daniel put away the book he was reading and began to prepare his M41A meticulously, doing a full check and making sure everything worked smoothly. He didn't want it to foul up when needed, but in case it did, he took a VP70 side-arm aswell. He checked all his other equipment just as closely.

Seeing the motion trackers and incinerators, Bojan turned to Lt Cpl Chappell gestured towards them and asked, "So who's taking those? A motion tracker for each squad? Oh, and should we take M230s for our grenade launcher or shouldn't we bother having weapons free and all?"
William Jones

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4

Post by Magnus » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:40 pm

"Holy shit, you want to use the grenade launcher inside a ship?" Magnus exclaimed while holstering his VP70. He grabbed a second VP70 and slid that into a second holder on the other side. "For Christ's sake Danny-boy, they're giving us friggin dum-dum ammo for the guns so we don't blow the hull." He grabbed a dozen clips and stored them in various pockets over his armour.
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 4

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:46 pm

Ronald stood for a long while just starring at his beauty. He stroke the gun slowly and grinned, at last he would use one. He took the M56A2 'Smartgun' up and sighed happily before he put it down on the table and put on the rest of his equipment. But those who knows Ronald enough knew that he skipped the rest of the equipment, he lived for this gun.

"Twenty rounds per second boys, twenty rounds per second... Have I ever said that I love to be a marine?" Said Ronald loudly as he turned around towards the others with his arms folded and a big smile on his lips, like always.
an Donaldson

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4

Post by Magnus » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:06 pm

Magnus rolled his eyes. "You want us to leave while you make love to that gun, Ron?" Magnus chuckled at his joke. "You know some people might think you have that huge smartgun to make up for any... y'know, manly defficiencies..."

Magnus pulled out his VP70 and gave it a twirl. Then he drew the second pistol and gave both a twirl, cowboy gunslinger style. "Me, I don't need anything like that." He stopped twirling them and looked at them for a second with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course I'm packing two, so I'm not sure what that means!"
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4

Post by logician » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:29 pm

Sgt Caden watched the other Marines suit up as he fastened the clasps on his M3 armor. After finishing the post-hypersleep meal, Caden had walked over to the dispensary and grabbed a packet of W-Y Shorts cigars. The vending unit griped at him for having insufficient credits, but a scan of his USCM badge triggered an override and gave him the smokes.

Caden removed the VP-70 from his locker, worked the action a few times out of habit, and placed it in the holster slung across his chest. Caden walked over to a bench where a couple of the Section members were eyeing a motion-tracker.

"Hey, gimmie that. I don't want any of you bozos breaking my new toys."

He grinned at the two Marines and activated the tracker. The screen glowed and the tracker began scanning, emitting that familiar click with every pass. ...always reminds me of those Earth vids with the underwater ships... Each live body getting ready showed up as a fading blue blob. "I'm surrounded!", Caden joked, evoking moans from some of the Section for his attempt at humor.

The Sergeant took a more formal tone.

"Now let's see..."

Caden looked at a printed roster of the Section which listed a brief service record and training history for each Marine.

"Everyone can't just run out of here half-cocked. Pvts MacGuire and Shirak each get an Incinerator. Pvts Bojan and Dufresne--you're on with the motion-trackers. Try not to have too much fun with them. L Cpl Steel will be humping it with one of the remote sentry guns, and--hey, L Cpl Chappel--it's your lucky day. You're the proud owner of an Incenerator and a sentry. Have a squadmate give your back a break now and then."

The members of the 8th each stepped up and grabbed their assigned weapon, most of them familiar with the hardware they'd been given.

Caden walked over to MacGuire, who was loading the fuel canister to an Incinerator. She toggled the thumb switch and watched as the nozzle burner sparked and then emitted a blue flame. Caden reached into his pocket.

"You mind?"

He leaned toward the weapon, careful to keep his head away from the flame port, and lit a cigar from the burner. Caden inhaled deeply and blew the smoke up into the air.

"Yeah, that's the stuff. Alright, ladies & gents, let's put some spring in your step. Grab what you're gonna use and stow the rest. We don't want to keep the Lt and his friends waiting for their show."

Caden pointed to the camera attached to his helmet and then returned to his locker.
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 4

Post by pants » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 pm

Grabbing a sentry gun from where it was stored, Lt Cpl Steel really hoped that he could get through this mission without having to carry it around the whole time. Well he thought, if worse came to worse and they ran out of ammunition for it he could always try to club one of the bad guys to death with it.

"Yo, Sarge! I've got a couple of questions. Are we going in fast and hard or we gonna take it slow and easy? Also what about locked or barred doors, do you want me to bring some boom jelly along to get us through them?" Nick raised one of his eyebrows in a quizzical expression.

Turning to look at Pvt Green lovingly working on his Smartgun, Nick grinned at the sight.

"Also Sarge I think we should let Green go first through the door. I mean if we don't let him shoot something he's definitely going to get antsy! Private Dufresne you've got Green's back. Watch out for each other and shoot anything that ain't a marine."

"Where the hell is my Comtech?" he said looking around Comtech Shirak.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 4

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:57 pm

Bojan went and grabbed himself his motion tracker checked it, played around with it, then turned to Magnus and said, "I meant baton rounds not explosives"
William Jones

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 4

Post by rednus » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:16 pm

--'hey, L Cpl Chappel--it's your lucky day.'
A foot is dropped and twisted on the spot, its victim; a half-smoked cancer stick. Somthing new now occupied the mind of its former owner;

"...I get the Torch...AND the Hush-Puppy?"..blurted Chappell, visibly ecstatic. "err...I mean thankyou , Sarge!"

The case (marked with the heiroglyphics; ' UA 571-C/B ') was heavy, synthetic-heavy. but its contents were known to warm the hearts of some, and to still the hearts of more.
(The 'hush-puppy', as some knew it, was the UA 571-C remote sentry turret, and it topped the list of Rednus' favourite toys. Easily definable readouts , coupled with its simple 'one-two' clasp setup, this was one big stick. The camera mounting he considered a 'humourous bonus').

His eyes sought out squad two from the other killers...

" I want this to be in-and-out, ghost and retrive... No mistakes. 'cause I dont wanna miss lunch.
Carter! you're with me , MacGuire and Boian form-up. You sweep - we ghost...stay frosty, safety's - off, and all eyes open !

.........Well?...We leave in a matter of minutes ladies , SO SHAG IT!.."
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4

Post by Magnus » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:57 pm

rednus wrote: " I want this to be in-and-out, ghost and retrive... No mistakes. 'cause I dont wanna miss lunch.
Carter! you're with me , MacGuire and Boian form-up. You sweep - we ghost...stay frosty, safety's - off, and all eyes open !

.........Well?...We leave in a matter of minutes ladies , SO SHAG IT!.."
"Good by me, sir!" Magnus said, coming over to have a look at the sentry gun. "I'm locked and loaded, medkits and machine guns, I love this job."
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 4

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Ronald just laughed and smiled at all the comments before he returned his attention to the gun. "Dont worry, baby. I know there will be action, I promise.." Ronald looked around briefly, making sure that no one was watching him and gave the gun a brief kiss before he turned around with his arms folded. Waiting for the next orders.
an Donaldson

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4

Post by logician » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:29 am

"Yo, Sarge! I've got a couple of questions. Are we going in fast and hard or we gonna take it slow and easy? Also what about locked or barred doors, do you want me to bring some boom jelly along to get us through them?"
Sgt Caden turned when he heard Lt Cpl Steel's queries.

"I'm itching for action, just like the rest of you, but we don't have the proper intel to make this one a smash-and-grab. It's gonna be by the book--quarter and search by twos, confirm all targets before firing. W-Y would be mighty upset if you wasted a peaceful researcher. Pvt Bojan's got a point: less-lethal rounds could come in handy."

Caden leaned over to strap a utility knife above his boot.

"Have someone in your squad bring a hi-temp arc torch for cutting through doors. We don't want to make any more noise than we have to. As we clear areas, it would be a good idea to set up a sentry to cover our tracks."
"...I get the Torch...AND the Hush-Puppy?"..blurted Chappell, visibly ecstatic. "err...I mean thankyou , Sarge!"
Sgt Caden stood up straight and tipped his helmet to L Cpl Chappel.

"Ha! Think nothing of it. The USCM don't pay near enough, but we get good fringe benefits, mostly of the high-caliber variety."
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 4

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:23 am

On confirmation Bojan grabbed a few baton rounds and packed them. Finally, he checked all his gear was strapped, his book away, and went to join Lt Cpl Chappell to wait for departure.
William Jones

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”