Administrator
Administrator

Turn 3

Post by Nick » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:12 pm

Sulaco
Denebola System
Messhall
Mission Timer: 00:16:52

The messhall of the USS Costaguana was made of stainless steel and white plastics. It gave a clinical impression and it could easily have passed as a medical station for the unwary. The air was still a bit chilly, the bodies were still a little stiff and the eyes of the marines were a little sour from the sleep but the smell of food was encouraging. The constant electronic humming of several kitchen machinery could be heard as the last of the marines started to drop in.

The messhall laid in direct conjunction with the sleeper pods, so it was more or less two steps away. One of the walls where lined with "Food stations" which in essence were automated microwave ovens which at the press of a button prepared an syntetic meal - Though somewhat tasteless it was at least hot and it was nutritious.

There were two tables in the messhall. The Lieutenant, Copperstone and the android Priest picked the smaller table and seemed to be discussing something in low voices. The dropship crew were already seated at the larger table and appearantly Manny where pulling some kind of really bad joke judging from the expression of the Pilot.

Last edited by Nick on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 3

Post by HeavyGlenn » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:25 pm

Ronald took as much food that he was allowed to take and sat down close to Andy and started to eat, even when the food tasted bad Ronald seemed to enjoy it and smiled greatly as he quickly chewed. He didnt say a word for a long time, to busy eating and just watching the others.
an Donaldson

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 3

Post by logician » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Sgt Caden let the Section follow Lt Minuteman's lead into the messhall, as Caden headed up the rear. Avoiding the crowd at the food station, Caden sat down near the table occupied by his superior. He tried to listen to what Copperstone and Minuteman were saying while he acted disinterested. When Caden noticed L Corp Chappel and Pvt Bojan approaching the table with their food, he motioned them to sit beside him. Caden allowed them to begin eating before he spoke.

"Lt Minuteman tells me you're the newest additions to our happy hunting party. I'm Sergeant Caden, heading up this Section of the Eigth. Back on my home colony, they used to say that good ore was cheap, but good men were invaluable. Here, I look out for good men, and good men look out for each other."

Caden glanced over at Copperstone, who was speaking to Arti Priest, and then he looked back at the two Marines.

"Don't believe everything you hear. Trust your weapon and your squad, but not much else."

Caden let out a belly laugh and sat up from the table.

"Hell, eat up! Nineteen days in a casket does wonders for an appetite."

Caden walked over to the food station, selected country breakfast with ham, and waited for his meal to heat. Damn, I love the Corps...
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader
3 Bat, 2nd Reg, 8th Platoon

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 3

Post by AstroBoy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:11 am

Bojan looked up from his meal and asked quietly to Sgt Caden, "Sir, what's your take on this situation, civilians on a trawler committing mutiny and needing to send in half a marine platoon; and the brief talks about biohazard containers. Something definitely doesn't feel right."
William Jones

Magnus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 3

Post by Magnus » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:50 am

Magnus took his time selecting a meal. There was no real purpose in doing so, all the meals tasted the same. They all tasted like crap, but hey, that's the military mind at work. Loaded with everything a soldier needed, nutrients, vitamins, proteins, even bacteria that could help keep you alive.

Just not flavour. Guess they missed that one.

Magnus grabbed his tray from the nuke and pulled a chair out at the far end of the mess, as far away from the officers as possible. The chair squeeled as it scraped against the flooring and gave a little grunt as he plopped his ass on the seat.

He noticed Lt Minuteman chatting up Copperstone. Of course Minuteman's
eyes seemed to spend more time at her chest than looking into her face. Couldn't blame him, really. Copperstone was certainly attractive, but she was a corp woman and had probably went for a few 'upgrades' to look the way she did now. The harsh overhead lights didn't do much to accent her pasty white skin. She's probably spent her whole life on stations, maybe never set down on a planet. Never soaked up some sun and had a tan.

Give me a real colony girl, Magnus thought to himself while spooning in the most god-awful tasting mush ever concieved, and I'd pick her any day over some overblown half-augmented corporate puppet. Now that MacGuire, she looks like a colony girl.

Wonder if she knows how to play chess?

Magnus looked around and noticed he was sitting alone, again. Wonder if anyone's going to sit with me? Probably pissed everyone off. Again.
rivate Magnus Carter
Medic 2nd Squad

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 3

Post by rednus » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:39 am

A small cloud of smoke rose above the larger of the two mess-tables.
Seconds later, it was followed by another..a couple of heads turned to see , but it was the smell that hit most .

Rednus was a smoker and after 19 days of nicotine withdrawl , his body craved tobacco above all else . Food was secondary, and thanks to the marines notorious short breaks , he was occasionally forced to combined the two;

...puff...scoop..chew...puff... swallow...drink...puff...

....Then there was the cacophony of noise's such actions produce when performed rapidly.

These may have been what alerted the others to this habit.

Noticing a couple of glances aimed his way (some from female eyes), Rednus became a little self-conscious and decided there and then he would make a valiant effort at being less of a slob...he would only sip coffee after eating and smoking.
...class.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

logician
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 3

Post by logician » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:35 pm

Sgt Caden returned to his seat across from Pvt Bojan. The Sergeant took a sip of coffee ...at least what passes for coffee on one of these transports... and began to spread synthetic butter on a biscuit.
Bojan looked up from his meal and asked quietly to Sgt Caden, "Sir, what's your take on this situation...
Caden swallowed a spoonful of powdered grits.

"I'm with you on that one, Bojan. It doesn't feel right, and I don't think Weyland-Yutani has a good handle on it either, seeing as how they requested the brass to form up this special Section."

Sgt Caden looked over at Copperstone, expecting a reaction to his last comment.

"When you don't know who to send, you can't go wrong with the best." Caden pointed to the USCM patch on his sleeve and took a bite from the biscuit. He then lowered his voice so as not to be heard by anyone except the Marines seated around him.

"You didn't hear this from me, of course, but I bet those Corporate bastards found some scary stuff down on what was left of that colony. Either someone on the 109 wanted it for himself or something else went fubar. If one of those research crewmen is glowing, don't touch him."

Caden caught a whiff of LCpl Chappel's smoke and got the urge for a cigar. I need to see what they've got at the dispensary. I'm fresh out. He turned his attention back to Pvt Bojan.

"Don't worry too much, kid. It won't do anything but make you nervous. Whatever's on that trawler will still be there, waiting for us..."
ergeant Atticus Caden
Section A Leader

tashw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 3

Post by tashw » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:29 pm

Kelly selected her tray of nutritious, flavour free gloop and took a seat in time to catch Caden and Bojan's exchange. She took a long look over at the other table where the Lieutenant and their little corporate tagalong were in close conversation.

"Now I'll bet our girl there's got a damn sight better idea what's waiting than she's letting on," Kelly grabbed a forkful of food and shook her head, "You know these suits, wouldn't tell you what time it is if they can figure any angle keeping it secret."
nd Lieutenant Eileen Vincent
Platoon Commander

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 3

Post by HeavyGlenn » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:04 am

Ronald stopped a moment, holding a fork full of food staring at Rednus. His head was tilted and he had to concetrate to keep the fork in his hand. He slowly putted his fork down on his brick before he knocked a few times on the table before he opened his mouth.

Hey tobacco boy, mind smoking somewhere else? I dont want to breath in your god forsaken poisons, alright? Ronald said, looking a bit angry at Rednus. Keep your own crap to yourself, alright?

After a few moments of glaring he returned to his food and looked over at Kelly, just looking at her a few seconds before he shook his head and returned to his food. If studied Ronald they could see that he was happy, the food was "good" and he sat with his familly, made of murderers and marines.

Ronald slowly leaned towards Andy and whispered I love being a marine... Isnt this great?
an Donaldson

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Turn 3

Post by rednus » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:28 am

Hey tobacco boy, mind smoking somewhere else? I dont want to breath in your god forsaken poisons, alright?
An eyebrow is raised, a smirk is grinned and a cigarrette is extinguished.

Only a few seconds had passed since he lit-up , and the calming effects of the nicotine had not yet begun to take hold . A slew of possible reactions bobbed in Chappells mind (some rather unpleasent).
But ...no... this was his new unit, and if one *private* didnt want him smoking , then so be it.

A cigarrette is ignited , a smirk is grinned , and an eyebrow lowered.

Happier now, Rednus began to gather his food stuffs leave the table , all the while smiling with ice blue eyes at Pvt. Ronald Green.
.Cpl Rednus Chappell
U.S.C.M Rifleman
Eightballs, First squad.

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”