Turn 49

The 1st Eightballs campaign
AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 49

Post by AstroBoy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:44 am

Bojan thanked Con for the book and continued to read.
William Jones

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:53 am

The GM wrote:Suddenly the ship rocked violently, it twisted half way around its own axis before regaining control. An equipment locker opened and spilled its guts over the marines, packages and gear rained out with a clamour. Moments later the Dropship continued upwards as if nothing had happened.

Morrison jolted to life from his light slumber. He had dreamt about darkness, screams, blood, and a unstoppable tide of insect-like creatures closing in on him.

Disgusting animals...

Seeing the activity around him, Morrison simply asked: "Was that the Andromeda? How's Eagle holding up?"
HeavyGlenn wrote:Ronald sat still, still sobbing slightly and puts his gloved hands on his head, shaking...

Morrison got up from his seat, and walked over to the brawny smartgunner. He put his hand on Ronald's shoulder, shaking him lightly "Hey- Ron, old buddy- just relax, breathe- we got away, those animals aren't going to get to us anymore."

Morrison had seen marines get the shakes before, and it was never easy. He prefered a enemy he could see- wether human or not- over the invisible enemy that caused psychological casualties.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by pants » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:47 am

Suddenly the ship rocked violently, it twisted half way around its own axis before regaining control. An equipment locker opened and spilled its guts over the marines, packages and gear rained out with a clamour. Moments later the Dropship continued upwards as if nothing had happened.
After the shockwave of the blast passed the dropship, rocking the ship and scattering gear out of one of the lockers, Nick watched some of the platoon unstrap themselves, some moving to gather equipment that had spilled from the locker, the others moving to examine L Cpl Screaming Eagle.

Nick just let them get on with it as he tried to regain his strength.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 49

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:11 pm

"That was no animal!" He screamed at Morrison and sat up straight, a bit of drool was running down his chin, his eyes glared at Morrison. "Those were friggin demons... I dont get -payed- to fight demons. Those were that damn biological weapon? Yeah I know you guys knew... You tried to get us killed huh? Thats so typical you damn... He stopped talking, eyeing the only woman in the "car". His intresst and hope for love changed into bitter paranoia.
an Donaldson

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Listening to Green's ramblings, Morrison felt more and more uncomfortable the longer Green talked.

The guy has lost it. Demons? We knew? Biological weapons? No way...

So without a word, Morrison started to rummage through the cabinets and the scattered supplies for an autoinjector loaded with something that would sedate Green. After a short while, he gave up, instead turning to Con- "Hey Con! Spare me some happyjuice, would you?" Morrison said, pointing towards Green.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Turn 49

Post by StConstantine » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:56 am

"Hey Con! Spare me some happyjuice, would you?" Morrison said, pointing towards Green.
"Screw the happy juice" Con said standing "this guy needs some dicipline"
Walking over to Green Con grabbed the front of his suit and delivered a backhand slap as hard as he could over Greens helmet.
"We're off the damn ship, the aliens are dead and NO ONE knew what was going to happen in there"
Sitting down Con realised how comical it must have looked for a small guy like his self to hit the relative giant form of Green but he put it out of his mind and sat back closing his eyes and starting some breathing exercises
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:42 am

StConstantine wrote:"Screw the happy juice" Con said standing "this guy needs some dicipline"

Seeing the small scuffle between the two marines, Morrison leaned in over Green once more: "He does have a very strong point, you know."

Morrison grabbed Green by the collar, forcing his face to the direction of Eagle; "See that? He's in that state because of your inability to act. If you get told to shoot, or perceive a threat, you unload- it doesn't matter if it's a fucking alien, or your old grandma! You shoot! If I ever catch you not doing your job again, I'll waste you myself! If you can't handle the pressure, then transfer to some cushy POAG unit! Understood!?" Morrison had quickly worked himself into a fury, the stress of the last few hours finally caught up with him as he was shaking Green by the collar.

After letting go, Morrison returned to his seat, mumbling curses, looking around in the APC before drawing a deep breath, trying to relax himself.

(OOC: POAG= Personnel Other thAn Grunt- the parts of a military force that aren't doing any fighting.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 49

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Ronald calmed down and sat taking in the bullshit, oh he "knew" what was going on so he just took it all, deserving most of it. Poor Eagle though he thought, noticing the damage for the first time...
an Donaldson

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 49

Post by Grambo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:30 am

Dar wasn't sure what the full story was with Green, but if he'd learned one thing from his mistakes in his life it was to *not* leap to conclusions.

"Corporal... fast thinking back there... thanks." Dar was mostly interested in breaking the thoughts away from the new tension... that shit could wait until they were back... safe... out of hell. "I think that we owe *you* that beer..."
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout
3rd Battalion, 2nd Regiment, 8th Platoon

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:14 am

Grambo wrote:"Corporal... fast thinking back there... thanks." Dar was mostly interested in breaking the thoughts away from the new tension... that shit could wait until they were back... safe... out of hell. "I think that we owe *you* that beer..."

Morrison, who now had composed himself, turned his attention to Vaughaun.

"After that, we all deserve a beer. And thank you for watching our asses out there, you're a good man." reaching out with his right hand towards Vaughuan he added: "Name's Thomas, by the way, and I am the boss of the battered second squad." he added with a grin.

Morrison then gently prodded Sheperd with the toe of his boot, "Is he stabilized yet?" he asked, nodding towards Eagle.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 49

Post by Apachetear » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Looking at the scene bemusedly, Jacob half smiled at surreal-ness of the event, Con squaring up to Green was a little like David and Goliath, but hey - it seemed to have snapped Green out of that senseless fug he had been in.

Turning to Morrisson he said gently "Not here, not now. I don't think anyone needs any more shit going on right now..."
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 49

Post by Grambo » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:10 pm

"After that, we all deserve a beer. And thank you for watching our asses out there, you're a good man." reaching out with his right hand towards Vaughuan he added: "Name's Thomas, by the way, and I am the boss of the battered second squad." he added with a grin.
Dar took the offered hand, and returned the firm grasp. "Damn good to work with ya, boss. I'm Dar. You have any idea what the hell that was all about? What *were* those things?"

Dar hesitated from saying anything about how he got sent on this mission as a follow-up team... how he was pretty sure he was sent to die... and what that might imply about this mission. What was that rambling about bio-weapons?
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 49

Post by Jocke » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:33 am

Grambo wrote:Dar took the offered hand, and returned the firm grasp. "Damn good to work with ya, boss. I'm Dar. You have any idea what the hell that was all about? What *were* those things?"

"I have no idea. We got sent in to deal with a cult called called "The Order of the Blue Dragon" or some such shit." Morrison said, inserting a lump of dip in his lower lip. "They're complete nutcases, they want to bring about the end of the world. First time I ever even heard of them was when we got sent in to strike at their headquarters is cedar grove, New York. Apparently they had some biological weapons hidden there, but we didn't find jack shit. Killed quiet a few of them too." Morrison paused to spit at the deck between his feet.
"Then we get sent here, dealing with the same damn cult, looking for the same damn bioweapons... Makes you wonder, doesn't it?" he continued, leaning in closer to Dar, lowering his voice "If you ask me, those bugs in there where the bioweapons. Somewhere, someone mixed around with the genetical makeup of... I don't know, something, creating what we just fought. Briefing said that the cultists would be smuggling the weapons in their bodies- you saw the guy with the busted chest, didn't you?"

Morrison tapped the side of his head "Pieces are coming together up here."
Last edited by Jocke on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 49

Post by Nick » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:22 am

The ship subtly deaccelerated and with a slight shudder it came almost to a halt. Moments later it connected to the USS Costaguana, a muffled whine from the hydraulic pumps operating the airlock could be heard.

Moments later they were aboard. Safely.

Site admin

Grambo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Turn 49

Post by Grambo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:53 pm

"I have no idea. We got sent in to deal with a cult called called "The Order of the Blue Dragon" or some such shit." Morrison said, inserting a lump of dip in his lower lip. "They're complete nutcases, they want to bring about the end of the world. First time I ever even heard of them was when we got sent in to strike at their headquarters is cedar grove, New York. Apparently they had some biological weapons hidden there, but we didn't find jack shit. Killed quiet a few of them too." Morrison paused to spit at the deck between his feet.
"Then we get sent here, dealing with the same damn cult, looking for the same damn bioweapons... Makes you wonder, doesn't it?" he continued, leaning in closer to Dar, lowering his voice "If you ask me, those bugs in there where the bioweapons. Somewhere, someone mixed around with the genetical makeup of... I don't know, something, creating what we just fought. Briefing said that the cultists would be smuggling the weapons in their bodies- you saw the guy with the busted chest, didn't you?"

Morrison tapped the side of his head "Pieces are coming together up here."
"Yep, though didn't know about the weapons in bodies... that'll teach me to do a quick skim on the briefing. Holy hell... crazy. Why do I have a feeling we'll be told none of this shit happened when we get back..."

Dar paused... then went on. "Corporal... about me... I'm nearly certain I got sent to this outfit because I seriously pissed off the wrong people. Do you guy get sent on this type of op regularly?"
FC Dar Vaughan
Recon Section - Scout

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”