Turn 43

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 43

Post by Nick » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 am

The equipment rooms light panels flickered nervously. The blueish white light cast sharp shadows on the walls. The Marines figures bloated and disfigured as they where draped across pipes, cables and other portruding objects of the uneven wall.

Ten minutes had passed since the Marines managed to gain entry to the room. For ten minutes Pvt Alexander had tried to raise a connection wihtout success.

Pvt Bojans motiontracker had showed continous movement up until two minutes ago when all conctacts moved away from the immidiate area. The constant pinging noise was replaced with the constant ticking sound the tracker made when not detecting any movement.

The rumbling from the engines still could be heard and felt for that matter. The whole ship vibrated slightly and here and there small pieces of equipment clattered softly as they rattled on the floor.

Site admin

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 43

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:38 pm

The rumbling from the engines still could be heard and felt for that matter. The whole ship vibrated slightly and here and there small pieces of equipment clattered softly as they rattled on the floor.
James watched the motion tracker while the marines around him scrambled to build a defensive bunker. He kept his ears open to all the chatter. Something didn't seem quite right. One minute they were showing two bogeys then the next thing they knew the walls and floors were crawling with the "dragons!" Movement caught his eye so he spun in the direction his rifle aimed and ready to fire, a scrap of clothe or paper fluttered to the ground vibrated from above. Could the engines somehow be vibrating at such a frequency to mask the movement of the alien lifeform or were they capable of masking there movement and used the two as decoys? Hearing his name he cycled back to focus on the situation at hand:
"LT, L Cpl Eagle what do you think is the best formation to get us to the engine room? Remember if I can't get Pyro conscious I'm gonna have to carry him with us which makes Pfc Bojan and Lt Vincent the only effectives left in the squad."
"Sir, I think maybe we should combine the two units at this time. We put Ron and Jacob in the front of the group with the Incinerator and the Smart Gun. I will take point, with the motion detector so that I can hopefully get the jump on the alien lifeforms before it gets me. Con and Bojan will be a tail gun charlies. That leaves LT, Pyro, and you in the middle. We go forward hard, anything moves we nail it. We make our way to the CPU room and see if Bojan or Con can get this ship rebooted so we can locate any and all lifeforms on board. Then we haul ass to the engine room, get the dignitaries and Gagarin back so we can blow this popcicle stand."
Last edited by Pale Rider on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 43

Post by Apachetear » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:37 am

"It's worth noting I have only one cannister of fuel left for my unit. Would a spare can be possible Bojan, or will you need the 2 yourself?"

Jacob was worried, he didn't want to let the squad, and most importantly, himself get killed due to an easily remedyable mistake, still - maybe one can would be enough...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 43

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:49 am

Would a spare can be possible Bojan, or will you need the 2 yourself?"
"If you're up front, you'll need it more Jacob.", said Bojan as he handed over his spare can and then returned to jelping Con with what he could.

OOC: Bojan took Pyro's first aid kit earlier, he has the highest first aid skill left i think.
William Jones

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 43

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:27 pm

Ronald reloaded and waited for orders, he looked rather grim still and started to wonder if he shouldnt blow his own head while he had the chance, the claws of those things looked pretty mean...
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 43

Post by Apachetear » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:03 pm

"Thanks Bojan." Jacob smiled gratefully, he felt a lot more confident about taking point now. He took the drum of smartgun ammo which was standard equipment for a marine like himself and handed it to Green, "Let's hope you don't need it...but 250 bullets can dissapear damn quickly with one of those things" Steeling himself for the task of being the spearhead along with Ron, Jacob felt a bizarre and unexpected sensation flush through him, it wasn't often Jacob felt proud - or took pride in something.

But

Being trusted with the lives of 2 USCM squads, because if you dozed then they would be dead meat - well, it made him feel honoured, and goddamn nervous....'For fuck's sake! Why can't I have one single bloody cigarette' he thought to himself, trying to push this thought to the back of his mind he began to check his ranging on the incinerator, holding it at an angle that would make the flame touch back to the floor about 25 meters away, it would be a short notice thing, but the smartgun would hopefully pick up closer things...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 43

Post by pants » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:02 am

"We go forward hard, anything moves we nail it. We make our way to the CPU room and see if Bojan or Con can get this ship rebooted so we can locate any and all lifeforms on board. Then we haul ass to the engine room, get the dignitaries and Gagarin back so we can blow this popcicle stand."
"LT, Eagle's plan makes a lot of sense. I say we do it, but the final decision is up to you. We go on your word. I'm gonna try and get Pvt Pyro back on his feet."

Opening up second squads comm channel as he knelt down next to Pvt Pyro, Nick talked as he tried to get the marine up and moving using the little first aid he knew.

"Bojan how you doing for ammo?" A sudden thought struck Nick, "Gagarin can you hear me? Pfc Gagarin can you hear my voice? Reply if you can marine, we need to know your situation. Bojan see if you can get hold of Gagarin over this frequency. We're gonna get you marine hold in there."
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Turn 43

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:08 pm

"Bojan how you doing for ammo?"
I should be fine sir. This is my only can for the incinerator but have next to full ammo for my rifle.

Bojan proceeded to see if he could contact Gagarin.
William Jones

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 43

Post by pants » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:57 am

I should be fine sir. This is my only can for the incinerator but have next to full ammo for my rifle.
"Good to hear Bojan. Make sure you keep an eye on your clips and let me know if you start running out."

Nick then opened up the frequency to the rest of the platoon.

"All right marines I want a report on how much ammo you all have left. Lets hear you sound off!"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 43

Post by Apachetear » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:42 pm

"2 Tins for the incinerator and Full ammo for the pulse rifle - or near enough - should be plenty sir"

Finally, a bit of movement to break the tension - now all he needed was a cigarette and they'd be well away...

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 43

Post by Pale Rider » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:29 pm

"All right marines I want a report on how much ammo you all have left. Lets hear you sound off!"
"Three full clips, sir." James reached down and unclipped a special case that was attached to the left of his uniform. Kneeling down he unsnapped it and pulled out three pieces. Several twists and the interlocking pieces fit together to make a modern day version of his ancestor's weapon, the tomahawk. "I am ready to roll."
GM

Image Image Image

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 43

Post by HeavyGlenn » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:31 pm

... Ronald just stared at the guy with a modern tomahawk... He wondered if it was a friggin joke but he didnt say anything, the red guy maybe would chop him to pieces if he did so he went on waiting, wondering if the aliens would get him or not.
an Donaldson

Pale Rider
Major

Turn 43

Post by Pale Rider » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 pm

James strode up to the doorway that would send them on a direct course for the Computer room. He looked back at the others and saw that they were ready, glancing down at the motion detector, he saw that it was clear. He hit, the control panel and stepped back, pulse rifle in one hand; the tomahawk in the other. The panel slid open to reveal a long corridor, he slip through the opening and silently moved out. At fifteen yards, he stopped and radioed back for PFC's Ron and Jacob to bring the group out. He glanced down at the motion tracker, praying that the only movement he saw was the blips registering his squad mates.
GM

Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 43

Post by pants » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:40 am

Slinging his rifle over his shoulder by it's strap, Nick glanced around as he stood next to Pvt Pyro's recumbent form.

"Hey Bojan give me a hand with this guy. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get this guy in a firemans carry to move him."

After a bit of physical exertion and with the help of Bojan, Nick managed to get his arms locked underneath the armpits of Pvt Pyro and held his upper body off the deck while his legs dangled on the floor. However Nick was facing the wrong way to see where he was going.

"The damn suits are making this awkward but I should be able to drag him to the engine room. Lt Vincent if you could guide me as we're moving that might be a good idea. Put one hand on my shoulder and keep up the chatter and we should be able to make it."

L Cpl Eagle had already started scouting out the route and Nick heard his radio signal to indicate that the platoon should get moving.

With his comm unit was on the open platoon frequency Nick knew that what he had to say would get heard.

"Ok marines you heard the man, lets move out! Bojan, Alexander you've got rear security. Anything tries to jump us take it out! Green, Smiles, you know what to do, which is to keep me alive! Haha. LT you're with me."

Breathing a little deeper as he tried to adjust to the weight of Pyro in his arms, Nick waited for Pfc Green and Pfc Honeysett to follow their squadleader further into the bowels of the ship.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”