Turn 27

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 27

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:56 pm

The Marines waited, patiently. As their eyes strayed from the doorway, they noticed that the building was in a state of decay. Most furniture was covered by plastics and a thick layer of dust. It most likely had not been used for a dozen of years. Brown plants was placed here and there and looked like shadows of their former green lush shape. It smelled of stale air and the electricity seemed to be out. The Marines being featureless blobs to eachother just a few meters away.

Something moved in the stairhouse. The door some twenty meters away. A metal clank then it was silent again for several minutes.

The motiontracker suddenly went alive, the next seconds the cultists came out swinging. They might be crazy but they were brave, or perhaps suicidal was a better word for it. A black stream of bodies crammed themselves through the door. The cultists screamed maniacally and fired their weapons wildly. A stray round struck Private MacGuire who toppled over before she could bring her smartgun to bear. She fell onto a desk and then slumped down onto the floor. Motionless. The battle raging around her.

The cultists fell left and right. Some of the cultists didn't wear clothes on their upper body. Strange patterns decorated their torsos. Private Greens smartgun jammed and by an unfortunate turn of events most of the others where reloading when suddenly a cultist appeared with blocks tied to a west, each block was interconnected to the next one through a series of cables. He was rigged with high explosives and he sprinted towards Green who frantically pulled the lever on the breach to free the jammed round.

Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 27

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:53 pm

Looking at the cultist running towards green, Jacob stood up and sparked his zippo lighter before slinging at the head of the cultist as hard as possible, (it's essentially a solid hunk of metal with a wind proof flame at the end)...then he finished reloading his rifle, firing into the fray again (if the zippo fails, I take a few pops at the manic cultist)

He called out to Green

"There's no use having a fuck off big gun if you can't bloody well fire it!"

(If I succeed/survive thus far)

Jacob was laughing, and he refused to stop - he laughed hysterrically, firing short bursts into the mass of cultists...he hadn't realised it, but slowly Jacob was moving forward, very slowly - and choosing cover carefully - but he trying to cut a swathe into the mass on the stairs.
Then a thought occured to him, he loaded a grenade into the underslung grenade launcher on his gun. Then proceeded to fire it - not in a lobbing firing method as taught in boot camp, but as if it were a solid slug shot, aiming right for a cultist's face, a cultist near the top of the stairs.

"You should have let me have the incinerator unit, they'd all be dead cultists by now!" he called to his superiors as he pulled the trigger, still laughing, he turned ducked and sprinted back...hoping to reach his position by Green - who'd hopefully clear the jam by now.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 27

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:01 pm

The cultist, appearantly caught completely off guard, saw the lighter too late and caught it straight in the face. He lost momentum and looked confused for a fraction of a second. That was enough, someone finished reloading and the cultist head exploded in a spray of red blood, white bone and grey brain matter.
Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 27

Post by pants » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:39 am

From his position behind Pvts Green and Honeysett, Lt Cpl Steel could see the mad rush of cultists down the stairs. Like some kind of crazy version of Braveheart, he noticed that some of the cultists had their shirts off and were covered in tattoos.

The sound of Lt Cpl Morrison's squad opening fire from their positions into the oncoming cultists, reassured Nick and when Pvt's Green and Honeysett opened up as well, he was confident that this engagement was going to go off without a hitch.

And then it happened. Pvt Green's gun jammed just as an explosive rigged cultist started running towards their position. Nick reacted as quickly as he could, but before he could open up Pvt Honeysett did one of the craziest things Nick had ever seen.

He stood up and threw his lighter at the oncoming cultist which, by some twist of fate, struck the cultist fully in the face bringing the crazy bastard to a stunned stop.

Well Nick wasn't going to let an opportunity like that pass him by and he fired a burst at the stunned cultist.
"There's no use having a fuck off big gun if you can't bloody well fire it!"
Nick just looked at Honeysett trying to figure how the hell the private had got so damn lucky.

"Smiles you have to be the one of the luckiest SOBs I have ever met! Now stop patting yourself on the back and get to killing cultists! Green get your weapon in order, we need your firepower. I've got your back," Nick said to both his squad mates.

Knowing that Green was going to be involved with clearing his jammed weapon for at least half a minute, Nick instantly started firing at those cultists still moving towards them to give Pvt Green the time he needed to get his weapon operational.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 27

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:49 am

The cultists charged. But in vain. They fell ontop of eachother, piling up, it almost seemed like they wanted to die.

Soon after an eerie silence reigned in the cordite smelling room. A faint haze of twirled up dust made the shoulder lights of the marines arch out like pillars of light. Some cultist moaned slightly but part from that and the fiercly ringing ears of the marines it was silent. Perhaps too silent...
Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 27

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:40 am

Slowly, Jacob's laughter drained away in the face of silence...getting up from his position he moved to retrieve his lighter, after he picked up the lighter, he added an extra smily face to his chestplate and moved back into cover...

"This mission's a little too easy, they just run at us and die...where's the challenge?"

Wiping the blood from his lighter, he put it away in his pocket, and turned to Steel -

"And Steel, Sir, I wouldn't curse my luck...it's saved my life at least a few times - now it's saved Green's and it might save yours, who knows?"

Putting a new magazine in his rifle, he looked around at the carnage and smiled.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 27

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:39 pm

Being Ronald Green he missed most of the fighting to fix his jammed gun, he swore alot and even smacked the gun but that hurted his hand more then the gun. When he looked up he noticed how the fighting was over and he sighed loudly.

"What the heck are you talking about Jacob? I was standing here all the time, how could a small lighter save my life?" Said Ronald who kept fixing his gun, feeling slightly worthless missing the fight because of it. "Top modern guns.. pfft, things jam anyway." Said him more to himself then to anyone else and reloaded.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 27

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:07 pm

HeavyGlenn wrote:"how could a small lighter save my life?"
Snorting with laughter, Jacob stepped over the cover and lifted up the explosive laden foe by the scruff of his neck. Slapping the cultist's face a little he said "by stopping this son of a bitch running into you with his explosives...that's how...I think you owe me a drink" smiling and winking, Jacob flung the rag-doll-like body against the wall, it's head crunching sickeningly as it was the first part of the body to land. Smiling faintly at the sound, Jacob strolled back to his cover and squatted down, leaning in a corner he put the half a fag in his mouth and went to lit it.

Looking at his present company he grunted in annoyance and put the lighter away. "Damned anti-smokers...next mission I'll buy you all rebreathers so you don't have to smoke my air, how's that?" grinning he turned to the NCO's - "so, what next, Sirs?"

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 27

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:35 pm

"But... You shot him thats why the explosive guy is dead... So how did the lighter save my life?" Said Ronald, only more confused. Watching all the others he he looked over to the bosses and watched them, waiting for orders.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 27

Post by Apachetear » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:45 am

"it stunned him long enough to be shot, no-one was in a position to fire when he turned up....never mind Green"

sighing, a little overdramatically, Jacob absentmindedly started tracing the smily faces on his armour.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 27

Post by pants » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:20 am

With the moans of the cultists drifting up from the floor, Lt Cpl Steel looked around trying to spot Lt Cpl Morrison. Finding Morrison, Nick moved to where he stood whilst trying to keep an eye on those cultists still twitching on the floor.

"Well Morrison, it looks like your squad do some damn good shooting! Our objective is to secure this building so we had better get a move on but now our squads are together I think we had better do a rollcall to see if anyone is injured or missing. Also we had better secure these cultists, at least the ones who are least likely to croak on us, however Honeysett is not allowed anywhere near them due to an unfortunate tendency to cut their throats. Can you see anything I've missed or do you have any suggestions?" Nick asked Lt Cpl Morrison quietly.

Nick turned to face the rest of the marines.

"Now hear this! All marines report in! I want to know if your injured, low on ammo, or can see one of your fellow marines who may be injured and needs attention. Let's hear it marines!"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”