Turn 26

The 1st Eightballs campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Turn 26

Post by Nick » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:13 pm

The cultists where coming down the stairs in force again. Moving by caution they made generous use of grenades each staircase. Smoke and debris rained from above and the ears rung fiercly. It was hard to breathe and it was getting nastier by the minute. The Marines were cornered. Things started to look bleak as the explosions roared closer and closer, a sharp teeth rattling bang followed by a pressure wave that almost knocked the breath out of you. A few shots where fired in random up the staircase and the gesture was returned, the ricochettes screaming around like crazed bees.

Suddenly the steeldoor behind the entrapped Marines opened up. For a moment the Marines of both squads froze as they stared at eachother muzzles, brief smiles where exchanged as fingers where removed from triggers. Another explosion shook the staircase and within a few seconds the cultist would charge down.

Site admin

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: Turn 26

Post by Jocke » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:51 pm

The GM wrote:Suddenly the steeldoor behind the entrapped Marines opened up. For a moment the Marines of both squads froze as they stared at eachother muzzles, brief smiles where exchanged as fingers where removed from triggers. Another explosion shook the staircase and within a few seconds the cultist would charge down.

Instinctively ducking down a bit every time the explosions above rocked his eardrums, Morrison couldn't help but to smile.
He quickly stepped out of the door.

"Come on! Fall back and take up positions- let's give them hell!" he shouted to his squad as he walked up to L.Corporal Steel.

Shaking his head, he smiled at his fellow squaddie: "I never thought I'd be glad to se Green point a smartgun in my direction. They're coming down on us like a ton of bricks- I say we try and ambush the little buggers right here" he pointed at the floor between his feet "and put an end to their misery. OK?"

Morrison then proceeded to make himself as small as possible behind the nearest cover, and prepared to open fire at the doorway.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 26

Post by pants » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:40 pm

"I never thought I'd be glad to se Green point a smartgun in my direction. They're coming down on us like a ton of bricks- I say we try and ambush the little buggers right here" he pointed at the floor between his feet "and put an end to their misery. OK?"
"That has to be the first time I have ever heard anyone say they were happy to see Green pointing a weapon at them! Usually they just scream and then die," and here Nick looked over at Pvt Green with a grin on his face "he's damn accurate with that gun of his!"

Then his mind caught up to what Lt Cpl Morrison had last said and he instantly was all business again.

"Good plan. My squad will fall back through the door and give them a false sense of security, right before we send them to their version of hell" he replied to Lt Cpl Morrison's plan.

"Green, Smiles pull back through the door. We'll give second squad some room to work and join in once the party starts. I hope you brought protection!" he said with a smile on his face as he fell back through the door, instantly scanning his surrondings to make sure no cultists had infiltrated behind them.

His heart was racing as the prospect of close quarter action loomed. Checking to see that his marines were with him he quickly spoke again, issuing orders.

"Standard practice once it kicks off. Green will lead and Smiles you follow. Do not, and I mean this, shoot our fellow marines! Both of you keep an eye through that door and open fire once the cultists come down the stairs. I'll watch our backs. Only take clear shots, if there isn't a clear target don't take the shot. Any questions?"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 26

Post by Apachetear » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:34 pm

Grinning, Jacob went and took up position, aiming at the stairwell, he had rolled a cigarette which lay unlit in his mouth, and he smoothly lit it before the cultists came...

(OOC: Sorry, been on holiday for 5 days)
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 26

Post by HeavyGlenn » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Green scratched his neck confused, watching Jacob taking position he did like him and sat down close to him and aiming at the stairwell. After a few seconds, smelling the smoke he looked at Jacob and tried to slap the ciggarett away.

"Damnit! Dont smoke next to me you asshole, im not gona survive this to get some cancer because of you. Now kill some cultists and lick your killsticks later." Ronald said to Jacob, looking really pissed off before he looked back at the door way. Aiming with his smartgun ready to slaughter, he felt a bit bad though.

But not for the cultists but for poor Jacob, who needed to smoke...
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 26

Post by Apachetear » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:45 am

Looking hurt Jacob stared at Ronald for a few seconds, then took one immense drag on his cigarette and put it out, leaving it unlit in his mouth. He blew the smoke as far away as possible from Green and concentrated on aiming again.

Green didn't think he was going to say anything - and when he had resumedc his position he heard Jacob say

"A lot of my habits seem to distress you, sorry about that...I'm the new squad member, so I guess we'll have to get used to each other, anything else you don't want me to do? I'm sorry, but the smily faces - I'll never stop doing, you should see how much it puts the enemy off when they get up close"

Laughing slightly, Jacob cast a sideways glance, hoping to have broken the ice somewhat with this man, then he leant in and started to aim again.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

HeavyGlenn
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Turn 26

Post by HeavyGlenn » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:51 pm

"You know Jacob.. You only see the bad sides of people in war and slaughter" said Ronald without looking away from the doorway. "When we have finished I gona buy you a cup of chocolate, a beer, crisps and a movie, how about that?" Said Ronald again.
an Donaldson

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Turn 26

Post by Apachetear » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:15 pm

Laughing, Jacob replied "sounds like a date, not...a date date....an arrangement - you get the idea" Grinning, he looked back at the door "Where the fuck are these cultists, the waiting is killing me more than they will, touch wood" and he knocked his fist against his head for luck.

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Turn 26

Post by pants » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:53 am

Laughing, Jacob replied "sounds like a date, not...a date date....an arrangement - you get the idea"
Lt Cpl Steel kept himself constantly aware of the surrondings, watching the back of his squad as they waited for the cultists to make their much anticipated appearance. However he couldn't help but hear some of the interchange between his fellow squad mates and had to clench his teeth together so that the laughter that bubbled up inside him didn't get out, alerting the oncoming cultists.

"Guys, seriously after this mission we are all going to get a beer and then do the one thing that makes a man, a man....sing Karaoke!" he said to his two fellow marines.

"However we have to be alive to do that, so concentrate on the bad guys and leave the celebrations for after the mission!"
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Andromeda Campaign”