Turn 8

The 5th campaign.
User avatar
Pale Rider
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1974
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Brunswick, Georgia

Turn 8

Post by Pale Rider » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Date: May 21, 2080
Time: 2225
Location: Don Quixote Penal Colony


The space ship, a Octorian 12, landed heavily, steam and a fine mist jetted from out of the under carriage. Lush, thick foliage surrounded the vessel, a low hiss escaped into the night air, as a ramp lowered to the soft soil, a crack team of fighters exited inot the clearing surrounding the vessel. A pile of rubbish spilled into the northeast corner. A team of scientists and repairmen filed out after an okay signal was given. The repairmen quickly went to work on the low altitude brushing; the scientists and soldiers climbed up the mound of rubbish.

Stopping where the rubbish met with the canyon wall, two of the men slipped out specialized tools and slid them into nondescript cracks and crevices. Keying a trigger in the handle, a low hummed filled the air as the handles extended outward. A team of ten men divided into two groups grasped the extensions. Their muscles bulged and veins stuck out on their foreheads as they strained to lift the handles. Picking up and then stepping backwards a section of the wall lifted away revealing a rough hewn tunnel. Lights came on as the detail of scientists and one squad of soldiers entered the tunnel. Replacing the plug, the handles were withdrawn and the men headed back to the space ship.

*************************************************************

Date: May 21, 2080
Time: 2235
Location: Don Quixote Penal Colony

Gavin caught a blip over his headphones as he listened in for any trace of the space ship that had flown past. "Sarge," he callled out to Jacob Honeysett, "We have resumed contact with the hostile bogey. It's current heading will take it to the North West Sector. If I remember correctly sir, that is where one of the villages is located."


(OOC: I hope this method of response to Action Requests is acceptable otherwise I will return to PMs)
Equipment:
6 M-94 Flares, Knife, Hand Welder, Compass, Nylon, Rope, M4A3 PistolM-3 Armor (Ghillie Suit), Entrenching/ Utility Tool, 3 M1000 Flares, 8 M-40 Grenades,Binoculars (High Quality), Short Range Comm, M42A Scope Rifle, and Tomahawk

User avatar
AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Turn 8

Post by AstroBoy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:38 pm

Bojan ordered his driver to head to the village.
OOC: Who's driving

"Simovic, when we arrive I want your squad to follow me out first. Then your squad Williams", shouted Bojan over the sound of the engine. "Find suitable positions and be ready to advance on my command."



"Are you all ready?"



Bojan switched his comms to the channel for Section and Platoon Leaders. "My section is unloading and approaching on foot with the APC as support once we get to the village. What are you guys going to do?"



OOC: Guys, make sure you post SOMETHING. Even if its just, I sit in the APC so we know you're on the same page. Bad roleplaying we can work on, no roleplaying...
William Jones

User avatar
Dugan
First Lieutenant
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Zenus Vier

Turn 8

Post by Dugan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:55 pm

Date: May 21, 2080
Time: 2228
Location: Don Quixote Penal Colony


[quote=""AstroBoy""]

"Simovic, when we arrive I want your squad to follow me out first. Then your squad Williams", shouted Bojan over the sound of the engine. "Find suitable positions and be ready to advance on my command."

[/quote]

"Ok Bojan, no problem".



Simovic turned to his squad, "

Roberts you've got point, Johnsson your'll be following behind I want your motion tracker online, i'll take drag. Stay sharp we ARE expecting hostiles here. Move out following Bojan and take up a defensive position until further orders".



O.O.C Wrench is driving Section B's APC, Section A doesn't have a designated driver yet, so I suggest you make a choice. But one squad will only have two men if the driver is taken from them (unless Honeysett or you takes control of it).
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage
Image

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 8

Post by Atypicalkiller » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Khan sat patiently in the APC, looking over his men. Another bunch of FNG's Tarik thought. Why is it I always have to break them in? He wondered. I looked towards Wrench and the other senior NCO's and pondered if they ever felt the same way.
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

User avatar
Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:04 pm
Location: USS Costaguana/ Houston Texas
Contact:

Turn 8

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:44 pm

Dirk sat in the APC and waited to get to where he hoped they could get some payback for the LT. He took out a can of dip and put in a pinch, feeling the rush come over him. Putting the can back he took out his New York Yankees ball cap and put it on backwards, putting the com and camera set on over it. He almost felt bad for the other guys with those hot assed helmets on. But he guessed if something hit him on the head he would be wishing for one. He thought with a small smile. He looked over at Kahn. He seemed to be looking at the guys.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

User avatar
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:04 am
Location: Worcester

Turn 8

Post by Apachetear » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:46 pm

"Good plan Bojan, you and one squad head the the village to scout with APC support. Wrench, your squad is to be on standby to lend support if it's needed!"

He drew on a cigarette

"The other two squads I want to join up and then split into 3 teams of 2 - start patrolling the perimeter. I don't want anything else going wrong!"

exhaling smoke as he spoke he considered what he himself would do

"I'm staying with Wrench and the second APC, if any of the patrols run into trouble com and I and one of Wrench's rabble will drive over to lend some support! I want constant relaying of radio - anyone who doesn't report at least once every 5 minutes to my own com-channel I'll assume is MIA or KIA, and if you aren't you'll wish you were! Clear?!?"

Coughing and spitting a lump of phlegm at the ground he span on his heel to the APC that wasn't going to be to go to the village...in the back of his mind the though process played out that if a quick response was needed with a patrol group and in the village he had only one APC between it - still, that was overkill for the two man team he decided.

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

User avatar
Corporal Hicks
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1571
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Turn 8

Post by Corporal Hicks » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 am

"Are you all ready?"
"Sir, Yes Sir!" replied Eric, readying his smartgun.
Game Master
————————————
SgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

User avatar
AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Turn 8

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 am

"Sir, Yes Sir!" replied Eric
"Good to hear, any questions before we get there"


"Gallagher, you will stay behind to drive the APC, I'll join Williams' squad to take up the slack."

"Honeysett, let my two squads go in with one guy in our APC as support, Con's squads can follow mine in in your pairs formation with your APC as support."



OOC: Im assuming the APC will just follow us and be a kind of NPC as i haven't seen Gallagher post. I also know its a slight retcon leading the section out then joining the second squad but who cares.
William Jones

User avatar
StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Turn 8

Post by StConstantine » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:28 am

"Ok guys. You heard the man, we are going to split into four groups.
Khan and Pitt, you guys will be known as Fireteam 1.
Jones and Murray you guys will be Fireteam 2.
Both the squad leaders keep a close eye on the smartgunners.
Schmitt and Collins, you two will be fireteam 3,
you will be moving between fireteams 1 and 2 for extra backup in case they need it.
Crest you stay with me, and relay any comms you get right away.
If anything bad happens and I tell you two quickly group together and reform into your standard squads."



ooc: i hope im using ok military terms for the fireteam stuff, i seem to recall it from somewhere as a smaller thing then a squad.
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 8

Post by Atypicalkiller » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:08 pm

"Roger that" Khan replied, as Con gave out his orders.

"Let's Roll Fireteam one" Khan said as he stood up and made his way out the APC
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan

User avatar
Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 628
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:38 am
Location: Check your radar.
Contact:

Turn 8

Post by Hunk » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:39 pm

Fox went into the first APC last with the sniper rifle in his hands. He quickly switched his com on and listened to the orders as they echoed through the APC, after strapping himself in.

"Bojan, may you list off the pairs for the patrol."Fox had a feeling that he was gonna get paired with Eric.
-=Tag Bojan=-

Fox thought that he was forgetting to do something. He saw the shine of his tan face on the barrel of his gun a smiled for a second. Then he remembered face paint. He used the colors that matched the setting and wiped them carefully on his face, then a little bit on his scope, just enough to take the glare out.
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

User avatar
AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Turn 8

Post by AstroBoy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:35 pm

"Bojan, may you list off the pairs for the patrol."
"We need to finalise the plan first. But, with less men, our section will probably just stay as two squads."
William Jones

User avatar
Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:04 pm
Location: USS Costaguana/ Houston Texas
Contact:

Turn 8

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:04 am

[quote=""Atypicalkiller""]
"Let's Roll Fireteam one" Khan said as he stood up and made his way out the APC
[/quote]

"Roger that Cpl. I'm right with you." Dirk said as he got his smartgun ready. Then spitting out the dip he reached in to his pocket and got a cigaret. Lighting it with a weathered Marine Corps Zippo he went with Cpl Kahn.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

User avatar
Apachetear
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:04 am
Location: Worcester

Turn 8

Post by Apachetear » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:59 pm

[quote=""AstroBoy""]

"Honeysett, let my two squads go in with one guy in our APC as support, Con's squads can follow mine in in your pairs formation with your APC as support."


[/quote]

"I was gonna split us up, but - maybe a lightning strike with maximum force will show the pirates a display of strength that'll make them think! Ok - we'll move up - Con's section supporting the APCs...Bojan's section make for assault entry while Con's sets up as a fireteam!" Jacob saw the way the wind was blowing and quickly tried to make it look like his decision...

grinding his cigarette out he stalked up next to Con

"I'm going with you guys on foot, never been a fan of the insides of those coffins..." he grinned and scratched his stubble "I'll lead from the front when we get there though, as a leader should!" he spat and motioned for the marines to move out

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

User avatar
AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Turn 8

Post by AstroBoy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:29 pm

Bojan switched his comm so his section, Con and Honeysett could hear it.

"Everyone catch that?", Bojan asked his section. He continued, "We'll be going in first while Section B gives us fire support. A slight change, I will lead 2nd squad out first then 1st squad will follow. We'll all go in fairly quick to take any defenders off guard and we want to secure the area , but I do not want a full on charge. Hopefully, section B will protect our backs."

"If everything goes tits up, and you can't contact me fall back to the APC. Otherwise wait for my command to fall back."

"Everyone Ready? We move as soon as we get to the village."

William Jones

Locked