Turn 7 Into the Dark

The first delta dogs campaign. Terminated.
tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby tarpshack » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Joe, still walking backwards and covering the team's rear, took a glance over his shoulder, and something caught his eye in the IR. Joe whipped full around to see what it was.

Joe's voice was intense, "No, wait. I do see something. Tarik, you seeing this?" Joe motioned towards the large figure moving towards Tarik. "Your light's messing up my IR, I can't quite see what it is."



"Can any of you see it?"

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Atypicalkiller » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:00 pm

"Yeah I see it" Tarik said non-chalantly as he clicked off his Shoulderlamp. To get a better view. His eyes adjusted to the light change and he could see the large figure heading towards their position...."how far is it from us Altair" Tarik asked..


(OOC There should be a meter read on the motion sensor? I just wondered how far it was originally when detected and where it is now..PR?)
SCM
BootCamp GM
Corporal Tarik Khan
Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Atypicalkiller » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:40 pm

Seeing that the "Thing" is less than five yards away, Tarik switches his shoulderlamp back on hoping to stun it with the light while he identifies it...
"INCOMING....United States Colonial Marines Stop where you are!" Khan calls out in a rather commanding voice..


(PR roll luck maybe? not sure on how stunning something in total darkness works....)
SCM

BootCamp GM

Corporal Tarik Khan
User avatar
Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Altair » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:50 pm

Morrison turned his head, keeping his rifle pointed down the tunnel: "Well, that's just bloody peachy, innit? Stay calm, and give me a better reading. Earn that paycheck!" Morrison was getting frantic.


Everything was happening too quickly not that it made Altair scared but it was difficult for the boy to dispense the priorities among the things happening around him. Trying to carryout the order and make out the exact distance and speed of the possible threat approaching them, it took all the concentration Altair had not too look up when Harmon spotted something in his IR sight.

Ok how do you do this? Altair tried to remember the training he was given. A sudden understanding came to the boy - when the rest of the marines had the in depth lessons on the motion tracker he had to attend some medics lessons, to get used to the military equipment and procedures that where totally different from the civilian ones.

Altair had read the manual on the motion tracker afterwards but he still had many questions, questions that were not very well explained in the book and one of those confusing things was the way to calculate the distance and the numbers from the readings the motion tracker was giving. Despite the missed training the boy tried to remember the book, his mind straining to come up with every possible clue, just as his eyes examined the monitor.



Reporting the exact numbers and most important the distance between the marines and the possible threat which was still approaching them Altair finally looked up just as he switched on his IR vision, his mind trying to identify the being, if it was even possible.

Pvt. Altair Konterran
User avatar
Pale Rider
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1951
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Brunswick, Georgia
Contact:

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Pale Rider » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:58 pm

Just as Tarik fires up his shoulder lamp, his eyes are treated to the sight of a terrified Grow race up the tunnel toward him. Its shoulders scrapping the sides of the wall as it runs in a drunken manner. Its large eyes bugged out of its head, in five seconds it will bowl over Tarik and into the rest of the party (Remember it stands 16 hands high and weighs in excess of 1500 lbs).

Storyteller
User avatar
Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:50 am
Location: Philly

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Jocke » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:08 am

"Shit! Back the hell up Marines! Tarik, kill that fucking thing!" Morrison started to back up, as he cocked his grenadelauncher, feeding a hi-ex into the chamber.

Seeing the bulldozer-sized animal in this cramped environment made him feel very trapped.
LcCpl Conrad Heart
tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby tarpshack » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Joe started backing up instinctively at the sight of such a large creature running directly at him. Morrison's command to back up encouraged him to speed up the pace even more to a kind of side step. Joe hoped that Tarik and Morrison could take this thing down before it squished them, but he was also on his toes and ready to run if this thing kept barreling on.
User avatar
Altair
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Altair » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Altair stared in total astonishment, just as the thing approached them quickly covering the remaining distance. The boy was not scared right now his analytical mind took over, just as the boy tried to take in every detail of the creature: his appearance, posture, movement and overall behavior to try and calcify the beast. The creature was scared and in total frenzy. It was a second later when Altair finally understood the order just as Morrison’s words echoed through his head.

"Shit! Back the hell up Marines! Tarik, kill that fucking thing!"


Taking small steps backward, the boy slung the motion tracker over his shoulder, just as he grabbed the pulse rifle with both of his hands. Altair was not sure if he should try and shoot at the beast, but he was not comfortable with weapons and he still had too much abstraction to get a clear shot. Waiting for Tarik to open fire the boy continued to slowly retreat back in to the tunnel, following Harmon.

"Boss the creature is in total frenzy it might not even fell the pain!"



Altair shouted to their leader, just as he took another step backwards.
Pvt. Altair Konterran
Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Atypicalkiller » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:36 pm

Tarik starts to run backwards uphill, from the overgrown gerbil. "Get some" Tarik squeezes down the trigger of the M56 aimming as best he can for the enormous beast's head. He continues staggering backwards while holding down the trigger.

(PR Roll Firearms/Luck/movement)
SCM

BootCamp GM

Corporal Tarik Khan
User avatar
Pale Rider
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1951
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Brunswick, Georgia
Contact:

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Pale Rider » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:37 pm

The welcome sound of automatic fire was a pleasing sound to the Marine's ears as the Tarik's Smartgun began to sing, its notes a sound of purest pleasure to the boys of the Delta Dogs. For Tarik in particular it becomes a sound he will remember for years to follow as the bullets smash into the lumbering beast, it seems to shrug them off as if they were nothing short of insect bites, suddenly, the only sounds reverberating in the tunnel is the screams of Tarik as he continues to backpedal and the whine of his Smartgun as it continues to click on the empty chamber.
Suddenly Tarik, falls back onto his backside as the ground behind him sloops back up and he hits the small lip that had caused him to fall the last time. With a last bleat of terror, the Grow collapses and lands on top of the fallen marine.

Storyteller
tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby tarpshack » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Joe gasped as the huge animal fell on Tarik. He had been retreating but quickly changed his direction towards the fallen animal in order to help Tarik. Unfortunately the team had just lost one of their strongest members underneath. Joe showed his doubt, "We may need help from the guys up top."



Joe, still doubtfull of their combined strength, thought of something that might work, "I don't think we're going to be able to lift this thing. Maybe we can use gravity to our advantage. This is a pretty good incline. Let's try to slide or roll this thing off of Tarik and back down the tunnel. What do you say?"

Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Atypicalkiller » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:28 pm

"Ahhh" Tarik screamed out as he shot the beast..it's stampeade like state wouldn't allow him to stop the beast reguardless of his immense firepower. The heartpounding click of the empty barrel was replaced by the sudden feeling of falling backwards. A loud thud was heard as he crashed down. Tarik looked up only to see the Grow stop. A sign of relief was interupted when the Grow came tumbling down on Tarik. "FUCK!" his scream was soon muffled as the air was knocked out of him.

"Screw lifting this thing Harmon you asshole..Make sure nothing else is coming..Something spooked this thing.." Tarik was pissed but still didn't forget that he was in a combat zone.

Tarik wasn't particulary mad at Harmon just upset the majority of him was covered in fur and blood luckily which wasn't his own. He knew though that something was chasing this thing...and the last thing they needed was to let their guard down again. He was squirming around trying to reach his bowie knife to start carving this turkey.He jammed his knife in the beast and started trying to cut it open to relieved some weight to get it off of him.... just my luck..
SCM

BootCamp GM

Corporal Tarik Khan
User avatar
Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 944
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:50 am
Location: Philly

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Jocke » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:47 am

"Harmon, call for backup. Altair- keep an eye on that scanner." Morrison walked up to the dead creature, trying to look beyond it down the tunnel.



"Tarik- anything broken?" Morrison asked the smartgunner, as he knelt by the huge creature "too bad we don't have a chainsaw. Then we could cut you out in no time at all."

Morrison spat at the tunnel wall.

Maybe we won't have to...

"Altair! Get your ass over here- I don't think we have to move all of it to get him out! Just grab hold over there" Morrison knife-handed a part of the dead mass "and lift- use yer legs, not yer back- and maybe he'll be able to wiggle out."

As he grabbed his end of the creature, he waited for Altair to come up and get his handfuls or Grow. "On three- one, two, three!" Morrison said as he lifted.



(OOC: Give us a Roll! w/o doomdice, if you may.)
LcCpl Conrad Heart
tarpshack
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:30 pm

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby tarpshack » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:05 am

"Harmon, call for backup. Altair- keep an eye on that scanner." Morrison walked up to the dead creature, trying to look beyond it down the tunnel.



Joe flipped on his com channel to talk with the whole squad,

Code: Select all

"We've got a small situation down here and may need backup. Please be on stand by."

Joe saw Morrison and Altair about to try and lift just enough of the massive creature that Tarik could wiggle out. Joe jumped in next to the two and offered whatever strength he had to the cause.

(OOC: PR add me to the "Lift" roll if it'll help please)
(OOC: Edited to show proper communication formating.)
Last edited by tarpshack on Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atypicalkiller
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Location: Deep Space

Turn 7 Into the Dark

Postby Atypicalkiller » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:04 pm

"Nothings broken....just gotta get this big bitch off me..."





(ooc PR I know Im on my back but can I push this sucker off me? Roll them bones if so)
SCM

BootCamp GM

Corporal Tarik Khan

Return to “USCM 1.0 - Delta Dogs: First campaign”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest