M3T1

The 7th Campaign
Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: M3T1

Post by Obi » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am

Watching with the rest of the platoon, Obi had an amused expression on his face as LCPL Shepard made a rather dramatic entrance then exit and finally entered again.  His smile grew wider as he saw the way that the LCPL reported to his new section leader.  Having a screaming match with a Gunny, pissing off your new SGT and telling one of your female squad mates that you don't dig chicks in the infantry.  What a funny prick!  Still smiling, Obi moved around till he found the two marines he was looking for.

"LCPL Miller, PVT Saint, pleasure to meet you both.  I'm CPL Mike O'Brien, Obi for short."  Extending his hand, Obi shook hands with both marines in turn.

"You are both assigned to Two Section, i am the section's fireteam leader.  Firstly, if you have any personal administration issues, outstanding disciplinary charges, anything at all, let me know so we can get it squared away ASAP.  If you'll both come with me i'll introduce you to LCPL Mick Johnson, our other section member and SGT Ishizawa, our section leader.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 am

Kurosaki was struck with an idea while looking at Lippa's flamer. He went over to Dugan and pull him aside.

"Dugan, I have an idea. This may not sound up to regs, but this may save headaches. It is this: once we meet the fugitives, we disarm them, then incinerate them. Lowers the chance at infection while transporting them. What do you think?" Kurosaki whispered.

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:51 am

Erik over heard Kurosaki speaking to Dugan. And spoke out loud to himself, "wouldn't that be considered a war crime?".

"Hey Morse, where's the rest of our team?"  

Erik couldn't locate Monks.

"Sgt Dirk, What are your orders for the team? If Morse gets that new fangled weapon, are we still going to have a M56? I'll carry the tracker again if you want. Also I'm listed as having the flamer which is cool with me."  

"Hey Monks, where the hell are you? Do you have any MG training?"  
Last edited by Raider65 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:06 am

Morse too overheard Korouski's idea, and he wasn't particularly against it. He saw what happened to those people that had the same... infection back on that hell worlds. And as he considered the alternative option, they'd be saving those people some major pain later. He continued listening to Stormhurst, who still hadn't seem to run out of talking points.

"Course we're still gonna have some heavy shreaders out there, you saw em' damn crickets and what they done. We're gonna be needed 'all fired' equiptment and I figure we'll be usin all of it. And i aint got a ruggers worth of an idea where the rest a the team is." Morse replied to Shroder answering more then what was actually directed to him. He could have been wrong, but those days were seldom and few. Generally when he was wrong it was a good thing that followed, but this wasn't one of those times.

< Tag Raider
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:21 am

"Hey Morse, maybe you should talk to Sgt Pitt and see if he can get a hold of a nuke launcher, just in case. Do you think they invented any mini-nuke grenades for the PR's launcher yet? Do you have an in with those egg head R&D guys? Can they whip one of those up for us? I'd feel alot safer with one of those, wouldn't you?"

ImageImage

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 am

Kurosaki heard the talk about Nukes.

"Look Lance Corporal Stormhurst, nukes are only used as a last resort. We will probably only use it if the city of New York is overrun. Radiation will kill you eventually. " Kurosaki said. Of course everybody knew that his city was one of the ones nuked in WWII.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:36 am

Hey Sgt, lighten up abit I was just joking with Morse. Seriously though You are right, it would be a one shot deal down in those tunnels.

ImageImage

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:42 am

Raider65 wrote: Hey Sgt, lighten up abit I was just joking with Morse. Seriously though You are right, it would be a one shot deal down in those tunnels.

"Sorry." Kurosaki said. Nuclear bombs were still a touchy subject in Japan. Kurosaki shrugged to himself before turning back to containment issues. Incinerating those poor bastards seemed like a good idea.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:05 am

"No worries Sgt, just trying to help out and do my part."

ImageImage

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:33 am

Sergeant wrote: Kurosaki was struck with an idea while looking at Lippa's flamer. He went over to Dugan and pull him aside.

"Dugan, I have an idea. This may not sound up to regs, but this may save headaches. It is this: once we meet the fugitives, we disarm them, then incinerate them. Lowers the chance at infection while transporting them. What do you think?" Kurosaki whispered.

Simovic nearly choked on his coffee when he heard Sgt. Kurosaki's extreme idea.

"No, there's definately going to be no incinerations and Stormhurst is right it would be a war crime! These are still human beings we're dealing we have to play things by the book. So if we do capture them alive we're have to tranquilise them. Maybe even try and pump morphine straight into their stomach and get the creature, hopefully it'll then give us enough time to get them to a medical facility".

[O.O.C if you want to carry mutiple primary weapons be aware that it can remove combat actions from you if you become overloaded. If your thinking of doing this let me know by PM and i'll work out if your'll be over encumbered].
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:23 am

maxvale76 wrote: "It's Jean, right? I'm Sam. I've never met an an-....uh....synthetic person before." She blushed guiltily a little as she realized she didn't know if it was impolite to refer to a synthetic as an adroid.
Jean nodded to Sam and offered her hand, "It's Jean, yes. Don't worry about what you call me. I'm of no illusions that I'm more than a piece of equipment." She said while shaking her hand. Jean leaned back and smiled. "It is nice to be treated nicely, anyway." Jean's dark eyes squinted purposely and she tilted her head as if studying Sam. The thin young Asian looking android placed her PDA behind her back and crossed it over her other hand and give Sam a slight sideways glance. The blue collar of her equally all-blue jump suit bunched up to her neck as she set her whole body on an awkward balance-shift to her left foot.

"You've never met a synthetic before?" Her lips did that curve. Jean came off as a shy, yet, inquisitave young girl. It was a new attempt at programming emotions into an android that seemed to be working in Jeans favor when it came to making friends. "I'm shocked, but equally honored to be the first synthetic you've ever encountered. I hope that I may call you," the young girl stood back up straight before finishing her sentance, "... a friend."
Jean Wey - Assigned On-Loan Synthetic from Weyland Yutani.
Model# 406-6/Female

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Raider65 wrote: "Sgt Dirk, What are your orders for the team? If Morse gets that new fangled weapon, are we still going to have a M56? I'll carry the tracker again if you want. Also I'm listed as having the flamer which is cool with me."  
Dirk thought about the question for a moment."Unless the Lt or Staff Sergeant has other ideas, we won't be carrying a Smartgun or a flame unit. No, I want the squad carrying M-41As with as many rounds as each man can carry without slowing them down. Grenades will be issued as well, but go easy. I don't want the suers coming down around our heads." He said in a low voice.
Last edited by Dirk Pitt on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:59 am

"Aye Aye Sgt," replied LCpl Stormhurst, "Taking a M41 PR with double ammo load out then."

ImageImage

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Dugan wrote:
Simovic nearly choked on his coffee when he heard Sgt. Kurosaki's extreme idea.

"No, there's definately going to be no incinerations and Stormhurst is right it would be a war crime! These are still human beings we're dealing we have to play things by the book. So if we do capture them alive we're have to tranquilise them. Maybe even try and pump morphine straight into their stomach and get the creature, hopefully it'll then give us enough time to get them to a medical facility".

[O.O.C if you want to carry mutiple primary weapons be aware that it can remove combat actions from you if you become overloaded. If your thinking of doing this let me know by PM and i'll work out if your'll be over encumbered].
Kurosaki was a bit shocked at Simovic's reaction. Sure it would be a war crime, but...

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Kurosaki began, looking at the floor. "The number one rule about containing a pandemic, virus or infection is containment. If we just kill them, then poof! Problem solved. Plus, you could always say it was an 'accident'"

War crimes or no War Crimes, it didn't matter about one man's career. If you had a choice between destroying one man's career or killing millions, maybe billions, which would you choose?
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
M41A Pulse Rifle

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Smiling back at Jean, Sam says; "Well, you're certainly the nicest 'piece of equipment' I've ever met! I'd be honored to call you my friend", she says with genuine warmth in her voice.

"To tell you the truth, I've SEEN other synthectics before; but only from a distance. You're the first I've ever met and spoken to. I grew up in the Antillies Archipelago on the New Kingston Colony*. Not a whole lot of need for Synthetics out there."

*(OOC: I don't know if there's an official list of Colonies in the rulebook; but my idea was basically that Sam hails from an island town on a water-heavy world settled by folks from the Carribbean, Jamaica in particular. If this isn't cool, let me know and I can change the backstory)
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”