Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M3T1

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:39 pm

2179 AD, 6th October
Location: Sol system, Gateway Station, USS Fidanza, Docking Bay
Mission timer: 00:00:00

The crate fell to the metal floor with a bang, quickly followed by a curse. A few marines smirked at the ground crews stowing their gear. "Lucky that weren't a ATG missile..." someone muttered. The Marines stood in a half circle, gathered in front of Sergeant Dugan. He quickly wen't through the new platoon layout with them before the new LT arrived - They had gotten reinforcements, a few of the new guys looked so fresh You could almost smell the dye in their crisp camouflage uniforms. But there was also an old familiar face, Pvt Hoffman - Formerly, now she wore Sergeant Chevrons. The new platoon layouts had been formed by HQ while the Marines were out on their last mission. The Marines were still a bit confused, but most were happy as many of the vets got field promoted to both higher ranks and better pay.

A new baby faced Lieutenant also joined them. Lt Moore was his name, he looked even more fresh than the freshest of the fresh new guys as someone had put it. The new officer rounded a stack of crates: "Officer on deck!" The Marines stood in attention, some more sloppy than others. The new Lieutenant looked nervously on the marines, checking his watch. "All here Sergeant?" he asked Staff Sergeant Simovic who nodded, his face revealing nothing of his thoughts.

"Ok at ease marines" Babyface said. "We have a situation on Earth and we have to act quickly. You probably know what I am talking about. I know that You were supposed to have R&R and get some time to mourn Your comrades - but we don't have time for that. You are the only force we have right now that have fought these things and lived, and that counts for quite a lot right now"

The LT Cleared his throat, now more confident.

"Media has already sniffed out that two people escaped from the USS Nadanya. Actually there were three who escaped but we managed to capture one of them. The captured person died two hours ago after an xenomorph burst out of his chest. We have reason to believe the two that escaped are also infected. We have published the images of the two escapees: John Martin and Nelly Samson to the New York police forces. They were spotted together by a patrol car less than fourty minutes ago, but managed to escape down into a storm drain before the officers could arrest them. They did however shoot and wounded John who was carrying a firearm at that time. The two suspects are considered to be armed and dangerous. The drains have been sealed off by the authorities and there is only one way in now that we know of and that is closely guarded by a US National Guard batalion reinforced by NYPD Special Weapons units."

The Lieutenant looked over the Marines reading their faces.

"You have two hours for mission prep and datadisc study. Unfortunately we don't have much data right now except the pictures of the two refugees"

"Questions?"

>

OOC: Sorry for the delay, been a lot IRL stuff for me as of lately. Hopefully back on track again.
Site admin

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Re: M3T1

Post by Erika » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Erika looked at the Lieut... then mentally she went throughtout the process METT-C scatching some notes on her notebook:
MISSION: capture John Martin and Nelly Samson... shall we take them alive or it is not necessary?
ENNEMY: the two xenothings... and they may reproduce - YACK -
TERRAIN & WEATHER: New York... storm drain... can we have the map of the storm drains of that area of New York? How does the weather look like? If it rains it will be more complicated...
TROOPS: we... for how long this mission will last? We need to have a little spare food and check our communication gear since we need to move soon. Morse had checked the radios, but I need to ask him after the Lieut had answered my questions.
CIVIL CONSIDERATION: the risk of civil casualities is high...mmhhh...

Then, she looked at the Lieutenant and asked:
"Sir, I have 6 questions:
Our mission capture John Martin and Nelly Samson, shall we take them alive or it is not necessary?
Is there any chance that they are not anymore humans? I mean that they are drones?
What is their level of intelligence and their level of knowledge of survival?
Can we have the map of the storm drains of that area of New York where these 2 guys had been spotted?
What will be the weather in the next hours? Any rain or storm?
How long do you think our mission will last? This is important to foresee the power for the radio, the lights, the ammo and the food."
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Jean
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jean » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:23 am

Jean's first reaction was to cover the first human being she could when she heard the loud slam in the hangar bay; like the Marine that said it -- there very well could have been an Air to Ground missile in one of those crates. The warheads kept getting smaller every decade, after all. This wasn't lessons from personal experience - only programming. Her processor did it's own math and sent the conclusion to her reasoning center telling her that it would have been a deeper thud and it would have cracked the wood if there were any warheads in the crate.

In that split second, Jean knew that there was nothing to worry about that would cause her Asimov programming to kick in. If the crate had landed on a Human, there was really nothing she could do about it. A human being was stronger than she was because Human's had real muscles. In all likelihood, she would probably tear a calcialsynthetic tendon to try. Saving lives was her specialty, however. This meant she had to look.

Several men stood around the crate for a moment and then a briefing started that waned anyones attention from the mess that they would have to clean up after all was said and done. Jean scanned over the room with her dark eyes and straightened her blue flight-suit. This was her fourth day to technically be "active", or, alive -- as some would consider it. Life was looking interesting. The skinny framed Android pulled her dark black hair out of her Asian-like eyes and observed a moment. Her reasoning, emotional, and process programs took it all in.

She could understand her reason for being there for any Human in need. Life was beautiful; even in the enclosed docking bay, she could look around and appreciate nearly everything. If she played her cards right, she could outlive anyone in the room. Her primary mission was to provide all the support she can for the Marines and her reasoning centers even played with the algorithmic chance that she might make what the human's called, friends.

She smiled after the comment she heard about what could have been in the crate. Since she was technically new, she walked to the meeting as well. Another woman was responding to the Lieutenant's briefing.

Our mission capture John Martin and Nelly Samson, shall we take them alive or it is not necessary?
Is there any chance that they are not anymore humans? I mean that they are drones?
What is their level of intelligence and their level of knowledge of survival?
Can we have the map of the storm drains of that area of New York where these 2 guys had been spotted?
What will be the weather in the next hours? Any rain or storm?
How long do you think our mission will last? This is important to foresee the power for the radio, the lights, the ammo and the food."

The woman who asked the questions seemed to have a near computeresque methodology. Jean liked that. There was something in her voice though that had to work her thinking process a little harder to understand. "what is their level of intelligence and their level of knowledge of survival",

Jean assumed that she meant "What is their level of intelligence and their known survival skills?"

There were other parts to her sentence structures, vernacularly, that Jean had trouble getting around but her reasoning software told her that bad things could happen if she brought it up. This was probably just a result of a good blend of nationalities.

Jean raised her hand about one of the questions though.

"If you don't mind me responding," Jean said in her soft even toned voice. Her skinny frame hardly made a sound on the deck as she walked forward. "... as for whether we should take Humans alive or not. You aren't seriously suggesting killing a Human being are you?"

This was obviously Jean's Asimov programming kicking in. The little android girl continued.

"It is our duty to protect all civilians from enemies, foreign, and domestic. As members of the CMC, you must take into account that it's bound by pledge that everything must be done to protect life. Weyland Yutani has specialized cryo facilities that might be able to keep the Humans alive and physically extract the embryo from them without killing them. While it isn't likely, the sanctity of Human life is of the upmost importance. Murder should be of a last resort, sir." Jean added.

She didn't let her emotional programming take over because she felt that she might have alienated any chance of her winning friends over her comment, but her programming had to kick in. Life was very important to her because someone programmed her to care.
Jean Wey - Assigned On-Loan Synthetic from Weyland Yutani.
Model# 406-6/Female

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 am

patch was still kinda confused, he had got a sideways promotion he thought. now in the command structure instead of the combat groups.
on one hand this was great, he hardly ever hit anything when he shot at it any way, but on the other he was afraid his medical skills might not be put to best advantage.
he was planning to grab a command radio so he could act as a radio person as well and basically glue his ass to the sarge.
"It is our duty to protect all civilians from enemies, foreign,  and domestic. As members of the CMC, you must take into account that it's bound by pledge that everything must be done to protect life. Weyland Yutani has specialized cryo facilities that might be able to keep the Humans alive and physically extract the embryo from them without killing them. While it isn't likely, the sanctity of Human life is of the upmost importance. Murder should be of a last resort, sir."
patch heard the question and kind of agreed, human life was important and it was our duty, but had she not read the combat reports...these things hatched out of your chest then grew really fast to something really really nasty, and then generally went about killing people as fast and painfully as possible.
the sanctum of life is important yes but preservation of the planet would come first, and anyway if the orders said capture or kill then that's what they meant..try to contain and capture if not..stop the possible spread.

(ooc what will my role be in this new position? can i add a radio to my load out please. and on another note i seem to have a knock out value of only 10 this seems really low compared to others..did i Nerf my character some how when i made it?)
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:40 am

Jacob raised his hand lazily, but upon hearing Erika's questions, he withdrew it. She's pretty much covered all the bases.

Still, he couldnt help but wonder...if the entrance was being covered by such a force why couldnt the national guard have gone in and taken on 2 people - even if the did have xeno's in their chest...

Curiously he sat back and watched - interested to see what the answers would be to Erika's questions...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:51 am

When Jean threw herself to cover one of the Marines, it happened to be lucky Private Sixtus Quinn. Landing on his rear with an OOF!, he looked over at the ordnance box.

"Don't worry, Those don't go off unless they're armed. Most of the time..." he muttered, helping Jean up and gathering around Sergeant Dugan. He saw a few of the newcomers, making eye contact with each one. Hoffman was one of the older squad members. Sixtus eyed her new chevrons with a bit of jealousy, none of which showed on his face. He folded his arms, one of his hands brushing his new corporal's chevrons. He was glad of the promotion, and would show that he was deserving of it.

He wrenched his attention back to the briefing, with Sixtus's worst fears confirmed.

"Why aren't ERU taking care of this? They're better trained for urban combat like this, and it is their home turf... or don't they have security clearance?" he asked.
Last edited by Quinn on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 am

Nick wrote: 2179 AD, 6th October
Location: Sol system, Gateway Station, USS Fidanza, Docking Bay
Mission timer: 00:00:00

The crate fell to the metal floor with a bang, quickly followed by a curse. A few marines smirked at the ground crews stowing their gear. "Lucky that weren't a ATG missile..." someone muttered. The Marines stood in a half circle, gathered in front of Sergeant Dugan. He quickly wen't through the new platoon layout with them before the new LT arrived - They had gotten reinforcements, a few of the new guys looked so fresh You could almost smell the dye in their crisp camouflage uniforms.
Standing around with the rest of the platoon, Obi looked up at the loud bang and the following curses from the loading crews.  Smiling briefly at the throw away comment that one of the marines tossed in the loadies direction, Obi returned his attention back to his PDA and continued reading through the abbrieviated personal files that newly promoted SGT Ishizawa had emailed of the two new marines that would join with the surviving members of the old 3rd Sqd to make up the new second rifle squad in the platoons restructure.   If i realised that a lot of paperwork came with being a CPL, i would have turned down SGT Honeysett when he offered me my Corporals chevrons! Obi thought with a small grin.   So according to this LCPL Miller is rated quite highly on special weapons, so thats the squads'machine gunner sorted and PVT Saint has quite the aptitude as a field medic.  Hmmm, might have Quinn run him through his paces and see what his like......  His musings were interrupted by the shout of Attenshun!  Snapping to, he remained in position till the new LT ordered the platoon at ease.  A one LT Moore, he introduced himself, started the briefing.    Fuck me, this guy looks like he belongs in the Scouts, i hope he doesn't end up like the last one. Obi thought as he finalised his impression of their new platoon commander.

Focusing on the brief at hand, Obi notated points down on his PDA.  Putting his stylus between his lips he knitted his brow deep in thought.   Why would they run off the ship and down into the sewer?? Raising a hand,

"Sir, CPL O'Brien here, what i don't understand is why would the USS Nadanya crew members get into a firefight, run off the ship and hide.  I mean, having faced these things, the last thing any of us would want to do is run underground in the dark."

Obi asked as he gestured to the surviving marines of the previous mission.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:40 am

Simovic sat and listened to the briefing, this was the first time he'd heard most of it as the new Lieutenent hadn't briefed him before. He looked over at the man he looked hardly old enough to legally drink let alone lead a platoon of Marines. Still he was his C.O and he knew insubordination was something the CMC did not tollerate. The Lieutenent then finished his breifing and threw the floor open for questions. Hoffman came out with a number of pertinent ones and Simovic decided to answer one of them.

"With regards taking the two fugitives dead or alive. They are both considered armed and dangerous so if they fire on us we have full authorisation to deal with any threat. If there is an opportunity to take them alive we will have to do this in line with ICC law, as Executive Officer Way has already touched upon. Also I'd like to draw peoples attention to the new platoon structure that I have uploaded to their PDA's, many marines were promoted as a result of the previous mission and this has been incorporated into the roster retructuring. So chances are your in a new squad now".

[O.O.C here is the new roster, just assume your characters were given their promotions before this brefing http://aliens.03b2.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=27 ]
Last edited by Dugan on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Private Samantha Hall did her best to calm the nervous butterflies fluttering in her stomach as she reported to her first duty assignment after completing USCM bootcamp. Looking around, she could tell that while the platoon seemed to be made up mostly of veterans, there were a few other 'rookies' like her, so she didn't feel too bad.
    The loud echo of the dropped crate made her jump, which got her some good-natured teasing from some of her fellow marines. She smiled back sheepishly and then smiled some more at the over reaction of the android leaping in to 'save' a PFC whose nametag read 'Quinn'.
    Walking beside the android, the athletic, dark-skinned young marine said to her with noticable traces of a Carribbean accent in her soft voice; "Hey there! I'm Samantha Hall, but everybody calls me Sam. I'm glad we've got such a dedicated life-saver in our platoon."

Filing in to the briefing, she noted that the Platoon's new C.O.; LT Moore, seemed as new to the Corps as she was. That's probably not a good thing..., she thought to herself. She sat quietly through the briefing, and was quickly confused by many of the details. Xenomorphs....that's aliens with multiple forms....I think....; she thought to herself and noted with some alarm how tense the veterans members of the unit became upon hearing that these creatures may potentially get loose on Earth. Putting her full concentration on the report she soon began to understand why her fellow marines were getting so tense.
    Hearing SGT Hoffman ask many of the questions on her mind, she settled in to hear the responses and shook her head slightly and smiled at Jean's clear devotion to saving lives. If only everyone felt that way....the universe would be a much happier place....of course, I'd be out of a job..., she mused to herself.
    Catching SGT Simovic's last comments, Sam looked down at her readout of the new structure and found that she had been assigned to a five-man support squad with SGT Hoffman as her squad leader. Liking the fact that she had the inquisitive Hoffman as her squad leader, Sam listened eagerly to the conversation, trying to soak up as much knowledge about the situation as possible.
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Dirk lit the cigarette that hung from his mouth with his battered zippo lighter. Blowing a cloud of smoke out he looked at each new face, and a few he remembered and an android. Putting the zippo back in his pocket he leaned against the wall and waited.

He had been promoted to Sgt when they got home. It was strange. He remembered when he was a boot the sergeants seemed all powerful. They knew everything and could out do anyone under their command. Now, he was the sergeant. Dirk thought as he ran his hand over the new stripes on his arm.

"Officer on deck!" Someone yelled

Dirk stood at a loose attention as the new Lt walked out and stood in front of the men. He seemed young and scared, almost like he put his fathers uniform on and tried to pass himself off as an officer. After putting the Marines at ease the baby-faced officer went through the situation that was developing on earth.

Erika was the first to ask the Lt questions. A lot of questions. As he waited for the answers to her questions he crushed out his cigarette and lit another one.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 pm

Erika looked at the female Private looking at her. She read Hall on her chest, she needed to talk with her. She got into this briefing before having any chance to talk with her subordinate.

She wanted to know her and her skills. In addition, they needed to work together to get the right support to the squad.

First Erika needed to have the answers of the Lieutenant, then she could speak with Hall since they were involved only in the logistics + intel part of the OPLAN that the Lieutenant will give to the group.

Erika wondered if the other female Marine was in her squad since she did not appear in any of the combat squad.

"Sir, I have an additional question. Are you going to employ all the squads or do you plan to keep one squad aside as reinforcement in case of need?" and looking to Private Hall she added "Private Hall, I need to talk with you at the end of the briefing"

OOC: Simovic, is Jean in my squad? She is not in the roaster...
BTW, I will leave for 3 weeks of holydays starting from Friday
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

Caparzo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Caparzo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Colwell was heading to the briefing with his new squadmates Sgt. Kurosaki, Cpl. Quinn, and marines Lippa and Brown.    As they approached the staging area Colwell noticed some of the base airedales stacking munitions nearby.  He watched the crated AIM-90E missle fall off the forks of the lift and crash to the ground. "Lucky that weren't a ATG missile.."he muttered out loud to himself with a wince.  He then noticed Quinn helping up a synthetic and then getting himself off the ground
"Don't worry, Those don't go off unless they're armed. Most of the time..."
As the squad formed up around the Platoon Sgt. and formally got the squad assignments and an explanation of the unorthodox platoon stucture Colwell saw a young looking Lieutenant join the marines.  After a quick snap to and salute, Lt. Moore put the platoon at ease and started the briefing.
"Ok at ease marines" Babyface said. "We have a situation on Earth and we have to act quickly. You probably know what I am talking about. I know that You were supposed to have R&R and get some time to mourn Your comrades - but we don't have time for that. You are the only force we have right now that have fought these things and lived, and that counts for quite a lot right now"
Colwell had heard the scuttlbutt about how his new unit had gotten pretty torn up on their last assignment thus intiating his transfer into the unit.  What he hadn't heard was what they went up against, he had just assumed it was bugboys or beebops now he wasn't so sure. The Lt. continued the briefing and then asked for questions at the end.  An experienced looking Sgt. led off with questions about mission parameters and support.  Then the synthetic XO reminded the marines about the sanctity of life and how surely the mission didn't entail killing the fugitives. "What a load of Bullshit! If they shoot at us then I'm damn sure gonna shoot back!" thought Colwell.  A couple of the more experienced marines made comments about the mission before Platoon Sergeant Simovic clarified the operating orders for the mission.  "I can't wait to read up on the things that could put these guys on edge. Must be some real bad critters..." thought Colwell as he looked at his PDA.
Last edited by Caparzo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ln. Corporal Louis Colwell
3rd Battalion, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon
1st Squad Smartgunner

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:04 am

Morse stood on the ready line, a bit more liberally then some of the others too. Burried in his pocket there was his flask, but he made no attempts to reach for it. He wasn't a drunk, he just liked to drink. He took note of most of the things that were stated and questioned, and he had an uncomfortable feeling about it all. And not without reason since everyone seemed a bit too... comfortable about it all. What was more was that Erika had returned to the unit. Though her reason for leaving was unknown to most of the platoon, Morse very well knew it was do to her baby although he didn't have any idea whether she had actually had it or not. Morse didn't feel like prying into it, but he wasn't sure if her mental state was as right as it was months ago.

If there was one person that wasn't very happy about all the new people though it was Morse, as he was still getting used to the new guys from the last influx of troops. He had been granted a promotion to corporal, of course he wasn't exactly happiest about the idea because everyone else in the platoon had gotten a promotion, leaving him at the same place in scheme a things that he was before. He also thought the Core had way to many officers anyway. Atleast it would keep the brass off his ass. Morse liked not having anything to lose, and that was definatly the sort of person he was.

But Morse had something that he was pretty excited about, and that was his request to be apart of the trial phase of the M41-E2 had been accepted. He had been told upon his next deployment he would recieve the M41 varient, and he was anxious to get ahold of it. There were some big differences about the M41-E2 and the M41A standard, but this varient was definatly more to his liking which is why he had applied.

"Question Sirs." Morse said, his thick southern accent making its first appearance with to the new recruits. "I was told that my trial phase of the M41-E2 was done gonna been set with my next deployment. That bein said, this figures to be my next deployment and i'll be exutin duty on it right? " Morse said changin the subject from the mission to his own person. He didn't like thinkin about what they were supposed to do before they did it, because no matter what they were 'supposed to do' it was going to be different by the end a the mission. That was apart a bein with that platoon.

< Tag Nick or Dugan
Last edited by Morse on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 am

Kurosaki was slightly happy on his promotion to Sergeant, and he had a bigger squad after Mareno had left them. He had two new members, Louis Colwell and Gaz Brown. He was the most pleased with the new weapons. They had gotten rid of the M39 Submachine gun; it was a piece of shit anyway.

Then his good mood was cramped by the new mission; they had to face those things. He frowned, then pulled Colwell and Brown close.
'Careful out there. Listen to Quinn and Lippa out there; they'll get you home. Good luck.'

OOC: I'm back!

Nick OOC: Yay!  ;D
Last edited by Nick on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

maxvale76
Chief Warrant Officer 3

Post by maxvale76 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:05 pm

"Sure thing Sarge...oh, I'm Samantha by the way, but feel free to call me Sam, everyone does", she replied to SGT Hoffman in a quiet, respectful voice.

She then returned her attention to the room as a whole as well as her PDA files on the mission. She noted with some confusion that she had been assigned a portable welder; I've never used one before...oh well, something to new to learn!, she thought to herself.
ImageSGT Samantha "Sam" Hall

M41A Pulse Rifle

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”