M1T8

The 9th campaign
Casey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: M1T8

Post by Casey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:57 pm

"You gotta love the Corps and all it's standards, and double standards, and triple standards."

She responded meekly while nodding and rolling her eyes at Morse. One hand coming up to pull at the corners of her eyes as if wiping the tiredness from them.

"We weren't lost out there. My CO sent us on a hike up a hot street in an attempt to meet up with you guys, but by the time we got there, the only thing we could do is pull your ride out of the fire and then load up. I'm beginning to think that the Lieutenant doesn't like us very much in retrospect."

She couldn't help but to smile though when Obi spoke up, her game thin in comparison to the Aussie's natural perception of his country's lingo. She took his hand in a half-assed shake and squeeze before releasing, but didn't respond directly to Obi. Instead, she gave Morse a shoulder bump and a tossed glance in his direction.

"Isn't lassie a dog..?"

Casey gave a pretend sulking expression and used one hand to cover her heart.

"Oh man you're pulling at my heartstrings normally it's at least two days before I get called a dog, or something somewhat equivalent to it."

<Tag Morse & Obi>

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Morse was actually more one to hold things over people then to actually want attention. Of course in the corps that kind of shit really didn’t fly, but Morse still did it. If he went off of “You forgot my birthday”, the most likely reply would be “….And?” But the truth of it was, Morse hated his birthdays, because it meant he was getting older, and he was the sort that wanted to live forever. Of course being in the Corps, you wouldn’t know it.

”Huzzah!” Morse yelled in a very half-assed sort of way when Obi offered to buy him dinner. It’s not like what was here was going to be so good, but it was a nice thought. It was bound to be his only gift, outside of the cigar he was given on the dropship on the way in.

He caught what the woman, Casey, was saying right after in between what else was going on. He wasn’t surprised by the story of how they got moved to their position, but he had trouble visualizing what she was saying because it was considerably different then his experience out there.

”Well, from our record on the track, we only walk out with our L.T half the time we walk in with em, so I never much gave a two dilla’s of a damn whether they like us er not. But on the other note, if yer in the corps, you must be some variation a Zhōng wén dà cí diǎn” Morse said. The Chinese phrase he through in there knowing it reaffirmed what she'd just said. He didn’t speak Chinese fluently, but he knew enough phrases to get by, especially the insults. He was a lover of the Chinese culture, which was why the only tattoo he had was written in Chinese on his arm.

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 am

< Tag Obi and Casey - Rare occasion when I forget that. Happens to us all I guess.

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 am

"Oh man you're pulling at my heartstrings normally it's at least two days before I get called a dog, or something somewhat equivalent to it."
"Oh the comedian you are. So what your saying is that you have been called a dog before? hmmm?" Obi said quickly with a sidelong glance at the sarcasm fuelled marine.

<tag Casey>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Bobater
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bobater » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Shepard pondered on his first mission and came to a conclusion that his first day was utterly intense. He turned his glance to Obi and tossed his helmet over saying "Well that sums up my first mission getting shot in the head, thanks for suggesting the pulse rifle certainly saved my bodily functions more than once."

<Tag Obi>
Pvt. Alan Shepard

"Peace through superior firepower."

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:11 am

Morse saw the man remove his helmet. He didn't recognize this man either. All these people he didn't know were all around, but he didn't care much about any of it.

"Well aint you the unlucky one." Morse said referring to the fact that the man had survived. "Course ya may should start considerin havin your head checked out, wouldn't wanna find out ya got a brain ala bleedin for breakfast tomara."

< Tag Bobater

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:22 am

He turned his glance to Obi and tossed his helmet over saying "Well that sums up my first mission getting shot in the head, thanks for suggesting the pulse rifle certainly saved my bodily functions more than once.
He reached out and caught the helmet that Shepard casually tossed towards him. Obi turned it around in his hands and let out a low whistle as he saw where the enemy round had impacted and deflected off it. Looking up at Shepard he tossed it back.

"Shep, if you were a cat, I would safely say you have on life less. Though I think Morse is right." Obi said looking over at his fellow CPL and nodding. "You should wander by the medics later on and let them give you a once over just to be sure, and thats not a suggestion. OK?" Obi said with serious concern.

<tag Shepard>
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “USCM 2.1 - Invictus Campaign”