Thoughts on secondary characters

How to join, advice, Q&A, general discussions
Medic Guy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Thoughts on secondary characters

Post by Medic Guy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Part of the reason for my decreased activity over the past few months was a lack of activity in the board at the time. What do you all think about running a secondary character who acts as a part of the platoon, but is not really doing much during the mission itself most of the time? I'm thinking along the line of what we usually consider the support staff (pilots, drivers, repair crews, etc) that spend most of their time inside the wire. This would allow for some extra roleplay and character interactions prior to and after missions, and may include some minor involvement during missions.

It may mean a few extra minutes of typing in responses, but may help to increase the frequency of activity and give some consistency to the people that are just random faces and voices that we occasionally see during missions.
ImageCorporal Clint McKenna
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: L69/EA5.2.31782M9

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Pvt. Isabel Orozco - Rifleman; formerly of the U.S.S. Shiloh Marine Detachment, currently on public relations campaign.
Private Dave Halbert - unknown location

Corporal Hicks
Major

Re: Thoughts on secondary characters

Post by Corporal Hicks » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:35 am

More roleplay is always good if you ask me. I took on a second character but haven't really kept up with her. If you want to do it then more power to you, and I wouldn't mind doing it as well.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Pale Rider
Major

Re: Thoughts on secondary characters

Post by Pale Rider » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:52 am

In some research that I have been doing recently I found that we might actually could use the Secondary Character.

Two Squads are lead by a Sergeant.
A Squad consists of four Marines broken into two man fire teams (Rifle Team/Gun Team)

Two sections, led by a lieutenant, form a rifle platoon. All told, this constitutes up to 25
Marines. Platoons commonly carry one or two Synthetics in a technical or scientific role. When
on Corporate business, Marines are accompanied by a Corporate representative.

If we wanted to go that way and you could play characters in the other two squads.
GM

Image Image Image

Return to “The Game”