Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Player attention

Post by Nick » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello my dear players.

No, the game will go on. ;D

Yes, I will continue as GM. ;D

Let me first thank you for your patience with me and this site, I have sometimes lacked in updating and there are weeks between updates from my part at times. This will continue, sadly, but my schedule is rather insane. I work in a narcotics team right now and I work a lot, I used to be the teamleader but I had to drop out after New years eve due to me starting to feel burned out. We are very few and we cover a large area. Things are sadly going the wrong way in Sweden with escalating crime and cutbacks on police force, we've lost 7 officer positions last year and we were strained as it were. We have also lost several civilian support roles which means those tasks (purely administrative) have to be done by officers now.

In short things are on a tight rope on work. That is the work side of things. On top of that I got myself a little boy he is almost two weeks old now and luckily not looking like me at all, but more like his mother. ;D

That means free time at home is rather short on my hand, I have dropped out of my Krav Maga self defense training amongst other things. One thing I am not letting go, however, is this game. USCMRPG will go in because I really like the game and I consider you guys my friends. Now matter how geeky that may seem to be. Also because when I committed to this game autumn 2005 my mother was dying in cancer and it worked as therapy for me then, and still do today.

I am usually short on time when writing turns, but I do try and write rather fleshy turns to set the mode rather than four lines of absract text describing were you are and whos there period. The combat system is also rather time consuming process, go look up the combat system in Aliens Adventure game or Phoenix Command (which uses same system) and you get an idea. Lots of tables, highly realistic. Hard to hit but once you get hit you are usually out of the fight or rolling up a new character. Fact is the players have been extremely lucky so far, I roll every die and I do not fudge. Believe or not. Part of the explanation is that you have been fighting untrained civilians as I have respect for the system. Figthing a military trained or elite force you would most likely suffer 50% casualties in dead and 25% in wounded, chances being everyone dying.

This advanced combat system and the fact that I do roll all dice naturally also adds to the shortness on time. This means I sometimes take shortcuts and usually include the teamleaders and veterans in the posts. If I were to write a personal touch to every player (13 players) in each turn I would be able to post a turn every three months.

I will try to include more players in my post. Appearantly I failed to make everyone feel welcome and that is a fact, if a player feels left out that feeling is untouchable. I want everone to be here because they want to be here. Because they love US Colonial Marines and the aliens universe. Because the like roleplaying with likeminded geeks like myself.

My intention with this site is to feel included, part of a group. Much like a real life RPG group. The only reason to exclude someone would be them behaving like an asshole and then they will be banned directly. So in short if you are not banned you are not excluded.

Nick out.

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Player attention

Post by Ranger2011 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Cheers, Nick! I am very excited to get back in on this.

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Cutbacks everywhere, eh?

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Yeah, problem is when already on a tight rope it just doesn't work.

Oh well I got a job at least :)

//N

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:52 am

I support the job that's been done so far, and would change nothing.

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 am

I am now trying to reply to roll requests with green text to make it more clear to players that their actions DO count.

//N

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I think you are doing a top job Nick. Being in the Armed Forces myself, I know how hard it can be to balance work/social/family life. Your doing great!

Cheers

Obi
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “The Game”