Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M2T10

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:38 pm

2179 AD, 28th September
Location: CSC Sector, Saint John, Anubis station, Sub level 1
Mission timer: 00:00:36:18

The Alien fell to the floor with a resounding thump in the generator room, just next to the first one the marines shot to pieces - Its milky white blood splashing from the huge holes torn in its exoskeleton from the 10mm armours piercing rounds. White whisks of smoke appeared around the carcass it as it seemed to melt down into the very floor - A soft hissing could be heard as the metal was turned into liquid form the extremely strong acidic blood of the creature. An acrid smell of metal stung in their noses. The Marines of the generator room held their breath and backed off, those fumes for sure was not healthy to inhale.

The Marines in the womens locker room had just finished off their last alien as well and where also watching, astonished, how it melted it's way down into the floor. Acid spray that struck all over the corridor from the explosive rounds were also melting holes in the metal. The fire from the incinerator had died out and the marines shoulder lights now where all that that illuminated the scene - Sending pillars of light through the cloud of particles disturbed by the creatures and pressure waves.

"Sergeant Simovic, over" Lt Andersons voice appeared through the intercom. The soundstream was weak, but still audible. Simovic answered on the platoon level frequency so all marines heard. "I saw...well...what ever it was You saw...and I can say that I didn't like it. I have never even heard of anything like it - I'm letting the advisors in on this channel now as well. Hello? Marines?" A new brittle female voice replaced Lt Andersons voice. "Firstly - These creatures seem highly aggressive and territorial..."

"No shit" someone commented on the frequency.

"...listen up guys" Lt Anderson snapped. "This might be important" she concluded. "Thank You Lieutenant" The voice sounded offended. "As I where saying, they are highly aggressive, they also seem to be afraid of fire. From what we saw they seem to be communicating by some other way than audio - Perhaps by feromones. This is remiscant of bees, their reaction to intrusion were also similar. This means that there is probably more heading Your way. Normally the bees send out a few scouts and when they sting they send out scent feromones that they other bees react too. My advise is to pull out of there until we know what we are dealing with - Try and collect a few samples quickly. But hurry Sergeant...You might have entered a hornets nest. Literally"

The motion tracker suddenly came alife. Multiple contacts.

"Get out of there Sergeant! Get the fuck out now! Cover the retreat with the incinerators and pull out" Lt Anderson barked.

The contact kept growing bigger and bigger, screams and hisses could now be heard echoing through the corridors along with a rumble of what seemed like a hundred clawed feet stampeding towards the marines.

>

OOC: Sorry for late reply, lots of work to do as of recently.
Attachments
mission2maprev3.gif
Last edited by Nick on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: M2T10

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:25 am

Nick wrote:

"Sergeant Simovic, over" Lt Andersons voice appeared through the intercom. The soundstream was weak, but still audible. Simovic answered on the platoon level frequency so all marines heard. "I saw...well...what ever it was You saw...and I can say that I didn't like it. I have never even heard of anything like it - I'm letting the advisors in on this channel now as well. Hello? Marines?" A new brittle female voice replaced Lt Andersons voice. "Firstly - These creatures seem highly aggressive and territorial..."
"No shit" Kurosaki said, obviously not happy with the new development.

Suddenly, more contacts came out of nowhere.
"We gotta get out of here! Oh my god!"

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:54 am

Erik picked up the tracker that he had dropped on it's tether. He realigned it to read down the hallway from where the
first threat had come. It immediately started sounding and flashing. He waved it in an arc.

"Cpl we got incoming from the left of our position and from straight in front of us".

The corridor infront of him was shrouded in a fog like mist and ash floated in the air. Clogging his throat, burning his nose and abscurring his vision. Well at least their weapons had the desired effects on the... hidious creatures.

He tried to remember his shot count 20 - 30 - 20, maybe. About less than half a drum, that's OK, he thought. He pulled his canteen for a quick drink to wash his throat, keeping an eye to the motion tracker.

"What's your orders, Cpl"
Last edited by Raider65 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:22 am

The part that hung in Morse's head the most was the request to get a sample. He didn't know how to read the motion tracker, but he knew that that screeching sound meant bad things were a commin. On his side there was his med-kit, which inside there were glass vials. He didn't know what that crap was that was melting through the walls, but it was obviously acid based, and it wouldn't have any effect on glass. But that didn't make him want to run up and do it.

Fuck that sample shit... i don't wanna be collectin samples while giant chiggers are tearin us apart! Morse said bluntly. In his mind though he knew how he was already figuring out how he would do it should the order be given.

< tag Section 2 (Squad 3 & 4)
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Quinn listened intently, smirking at Kurosaki's comment as he did so. His priveleged life meant he had attended some of the best schools in the colonies, so he was understanding what the advisor was saying. And that meant that the aliens that they had just shot up were the advanced guard.

"So if they're like bees, we have a lot more..." he said into the radio and aloud as the motion tracker began singing. "...coming."

Walking over to the tracker, he saw a steady line of red coming down the halls and starting elsewhere. He began silently cursing his lieutenant for issuing an SMG just to one squad while the rest were using their pulse rifles. He felt a cold, prickling sensation as adrenaline flooded his system again.

"Unless there's an alternate route out of here, we're shit outta luck. I say again, SNAFU." Sixtus moved around to the door and set up so he could blast them as they came down, pulling another two grenades with one in each hand so he could toss them as needed during the firefight. "Advisor, Quinn, Second. What do you think they use to see and hear?"

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 am

Still in his kneeling position propped up against the door frame, O'Brien took off his floppy bush hat and mopped his face and neck trying to clear the sweat and grime out of his eyes.  Replacing it back on his head he quickly glanced at his ammo counter on his rifle.  Seeing that he had only fired five rounds from it, he brought the rifle back up to the ready position into his shoulder watching the fallen alien over his scope as it melted into the floor.  Shaking his head in disbelief at the thing he addressed Two Section. 

" Hey guys, i wouldn't try and pat that or anything or shag it in your case Johnson, if that shit is eating through the walls and floor i would hate to think what it would do upon direct contact with flesh."

O'Brien shut his mouth as SGT Simovic and the LT discussed what the Marines had encountered.  Hearing a new voice on the platoons radio net he realised that it was the Company rep.    Same as bees   O'Brien thought as he listened to the Company rep,    some how i don't think a fly swatter or smoking them out is going to work in this case. 

He couldn't believe what he heard next and he couldn't contain himself as he addressed third squad shaking his head.  " Collect samples?  What the fuck is this?  A search and rescue or a fucking science excursion?!"

O'Briens thoughts were brought to a stop as the shrill whine of the motion tracker came to life.  Singing its tune as it made contact with more of those things heading their way.  The radio net was alive with the LT giving them orders to withdraw.  He cocked his head and listened as the sound on unnatural hissing and shrieking reached his ears.    Sounds like a cat on crack....

Getting is game face back on he waited in position with the rest of 3rd Sqd keeping a his rifle at the ready in his shoulder waiting to kill another of those unnatural bastards.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 am

Raider65 wrote: Cpl we got incoming from the left of our position and from straight in front of us".

"What's your orders, Cpl"
"Son of a bitch." Dirk spat as he watched the things melt the deck as they died.

The high pitched sound of the motion tracker along with the almost frantic orders to fall back hit him hard. Spitting out his cigaret he switched weapons to the flame unit. Lighting it quickly he got ready.

"Ok 4th, time to leave this party. Erik, take point. The rest of you fall in behind him. I'll cover our asses with the flame unit. We have no time people, so lets move the fuck out. Fall back!" Dirk shouted as he moved out.

As the Marines quickly lest the locker room, Dirk sent a stream of liquid fire towards the cryo-lab covering them from that direction and then down the hallway towards the elevator to sub level 2.

He stood his ground as the Marines fell back, hopeing that the wall of fire would hold these things long enough for them to get away.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:32 am

Morse had thought about it enough, they were told to get a sample, and he knew how to do it. He leapt up from his crouched position quickly ran forward. He slung his M41A over his should and quickly reached into his med-kit. He knew exactly where everything was and quickly grabbed two glass vials, while his left hand quickly reached and grabbed his M24 tactical knife.

"Hang on Dirk, gotta get a sample, somebody mind coverin me for 3 seconds!!" Morse yelled to the marines around him.

He had a calm flow of adrenaline flowing through him as he ran forward towards the closest dead husk, which was the one that had fallen from the ceiling. It was all mangled up and in pieces. Only a single arm was attached to what was left of its upper body. He quickly moved the knife to his right hand and grabbed the things hand. It had 6 digits on the hand, and Morse began to violently tear through 2 of them. It wouldn't take him more then 6 seconds.

<Tag Squad 3 and 4
Last edited by Morse on Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:02 am

"Someone watch Morse's back, I've got to go point" Erik put out on the squad's freq. (Last rifleman in 4th stay with Morse)

Erik moved with a purpose. Keeping the motion tracker held out and the Smartgun leveled as he navigated around the melted floor sections, careful to stay away and not trip into any of the goo.

"Cpl, you want me to set up on the long hallway to give 3rd and 4th time to make it to us. It's a perfect choke point. What do you think? Or should I go all the way and secure the elevator"?
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:52 am

Simovic watched in awe as the automatic fire turned the creatures into a hissing mess which quickly started to eat through the solid steel floor. What the hell these things were god only knew, but at least they still went down from a 10mm burst in the head.

It was then that the comms came alive.
Nick wrote:

"No shit" someone commented on the frequency.

"...listen up guys" Lt Anderson snapped. "This might be important" she concluded. "Thank You Lieutenant" The voice sounded offended. "As I where saying, they are highly aggressive, they also seem to be afraid of fire. From what we saw they seem to be communicating by some other way than audio - Perhaps by feromones. This is remiscant of bees, their reaction to intrusion were also similar. This means that there is probably more heading Your way. Normally the bees send out a few scouts and when they sting they send out scent feromones that they other bees react too. My advise is to pull out of there until we know what we are dealing with - Try and collect a few samples quickly. But hurry Sergeant...You might have entered a hornets nest. Literally"

The motion tracker suddenly came alife. Multiple contacts.

"Get out of there Sergeant! Get the fuck out now! Cover the retreat with the incinerators and pull out" Lt Anderson barked.

Simovic looked at Patch's motion tracker and realised that they had to move as quickly as possible otherwise their escape route would be blocked. "Ok men lets get the hell out of here, the samples can wait until this area is secure. First squad lead, Heart you take point, double time"

Simovic motioned to Steiner to pass him his Flame Unit, he then tossed it to Kurosaki and motioned for Kurosaki to do the same with his SMG, which he handed Steiner "Your'll be the last man in the column, if those things start gaining on us during the retreat, bbq the motherfuckers! Hopefully the science dept has this one right and their back off"

He then started moving out with 1st Squad towards the elevator Heart leading the way followed by Patch, himself, Windrider and Steiner bringing up the rear. 
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Jacob listened to the update with a weird feeling in his stomach, something he hadn't really experienced since his first fire fight.

Pure fear.

He watched 4th start to move...

"That's the idea, Dirk - hose the corridor, dont step on their blood or bodies yeah? once you reach the end wait there with a smartgunner and hose anything you see. 3rd and 4th will move past, leaving. I'll move up and we'll act as rearguard to the squads, Morse stick with me, I want to be able to take place if they should fall. You're the fireman if anybody falls and needs carrying.

Erik, stick with me - you're the other replacement if it's needed.

The rest of you move and stay sharp - just because we're rearguard doesn't mean they wont be in the lift shaft!"

Jacob lit a cigarette, to hell with regulations.

Exhaling, he was already moving

"Dirk, we stop at the intersection where we split from section 1 and provide a firebase while they file out."

He got on the comms

"Dugan, we're setting up a firebase at the intersection before the lift - be careful when firing. Got that?"

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Morse quickly finished cutting through the two bony clawed fingers. Drops of the white acidic liquid came dripping out, so he held them away from himself. While moving forward slowly he placed each finger into the industrial glass tubes. The drops hit the bottom of the vials as he dropped each finger in. After putting both into their different vials he quickly closed the tops. He put them in his pocket, as he trusted they'd be safer next to his flask.

He then pulled his M41A to bear.

Got that sample, and i'm ready to get the fuck outa here. Morse said quickly moving up behind the sergeant.

He didn't want to be movin up at the moment, but hell there was only one way out.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:43 pm

Apachetear wrote: "Dirk, we stop at the intersection where we split from section 1 and provide a firebase while they file out."

Dirk watched the fire light up the darkness. The flames made everything look alive, sinister. Like those things were everywhere. The Sagrges voive cut through the fog and made him sharp again.

"Roger that. We'll hold the line Sarge." Dirk said with a nervous smile.

Morse wrote: Got that sample, and i'm ready to get the fuck outa here. Morse said quickly moving up behind the sergeant.
"About time Morse. Any longer and I would have figured you were going to ask it out." Dirk joked as Morse passed him

"Erik, when we get to the fire base I want you by me. Any of those bastards get through the flames I want you to take em. Got it Marine?" Dirk said over the com as he fell back.

Dirk lit a cigaret as he watched the fire while walked quickly away from it. As he got farther away the heat and comforting light dimmed. He hoped that it would hold, but he didn't think it would
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:42 am

Sixtus kept an eye on the hallway, but was on the radio as he did so.

"Command, Quinn. xenos are coming from the elevator shaft. Are they on the surface, repeat, are they on the surface?"

He didn't want to go up the elevator and walk into a field full of the monsters. He'd rather keep them at a chokepoint where their numbers would work against them and each bullet, grenade and flame-burst would have the maximum effect.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 am

Apachetear wrote: 3rd and 4th will move past, leaving. I'll move up and we'll act as rearguard to the squads, Morse stick with me, I want to be able to take place if they should fall. You're the fireman if anybody falls and needs carrying.

Erik, stick with me - you're the other replacement if it's needed.

The rest of you move and stay sharp - just because we're rearguard doesn't mean they wont be in the lift shaft!"

Hearing SGT Honeysett bark out the movements orders for Two  Section, O'Brien turned around to Johnson and slapped him on the arm.  "Lets go mate, well take point and clear out and secure the passageway for the lift to the surface.

Keeping low, M42 pressed into his right shoulder at the ready with shoulder lamp illuminating the way, O'Brien flicked over to Two Sections' radio channel.  "O'Brien to Honeysett, Johnson and i are moving to secure the passage way and the lift, over. "

Moving past 4th Sqd's rearguard position, the two Marines proceeded carefully down the dimly lit passage way to the lift.

CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”