Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M2T7

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:01 pm

2179 AD, 28th September
Location: CSC Sector, Saint John, Anubis station, Sub level 1
Mission timer: 00:00:30:38

The Colonial Marine platoon quickly fanned out, although extensively trained in close quarters fighting it was never pleasant to bunch up in a cramped corridor. The platoon divided into sections, with two squads in each section. The two sections arrived at the t-junction, a primitive overview map could be seen on the wall (OOC: see attachment).

The Marines of second section still had a solid contact in what, according to the map, appeared to be the womens locker room. First section fanned out and headed north to clear the generator room, the room that seemed to be the source of the omnious humming sound. Second section slowly inched their way towards their contact.

The corridors were indeed very cramped and two marines in combat armor could stand shoulder to shoulder and have just about enought room to pass eachother without touching each other if they turned slightly. The walls where made of metal plates covered in what seemed to be pale blue enemal. The floor was grid metal over a trench that was choked with cables and plummings. The roof was in the same enemal metal plates but with the intermittent light panel - The electricity seemed to be out on the whole floor - Only green emergency exit signs glew extremely pale, probably running low on battery, here and there.

The floor was in front of section 1 was covered in the same fine undisturbed powdery gray ash and it seemed to whirl up wildly by even the slightest flow of air.

Section two neared their contact slowly, it was still as solid as it had been. What ever it was was continually moving around slightly on the spot. As they neared the entryway to the women and mens locker area their shoulder mounted lights fell on the ash on the floor - the ash had been disturbed somehow. Not only was there some kind of drag marks on the floor but the whole air whirled of freshly disturbed particles.

>
Attachments
mission2anubissublev1.gif
Last edited by Nick on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: M2T7

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Kurosaki glanced at the ground. The dust didn't seem to be disturbed.
"Looks like nobody's home" He remarked, looking around. "Lippa, take point. I'll take the rear"

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

MI_trooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MI_trooper » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:45 pm

"you got it, could you watch my motion tracker for me ill hook it onto my belt, if you see anything on the screen let me know"
<tag second

<roll motion tracker

Pvt lippa hooked his motion tracker to his belt but he left it on so the man behind him could see if anything showed up. then he pulled out his shotgun and continued caustiosly down the cooridor on point.
<roll awarness
Pvt: lippa
motion tracker, SMG, and shotgun
second squad

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:39 pm

seeing that second squad had the point position, patch dropped back to the rear and covered behind the two squads,
"don't stop suddenly,patch whispered as he passed the man next to him, i'm walking backwards

he whipped out his motion tracker and turned it on he slowly walked backward covering the rear of the two squads.
"i got rear guard of section one"he whispered into his comms. he wasn't sure why he whispered but the ash on the ground and the humming just seemed to present an unnatural silence that did not want to be broken.

(roll motion tracker and perception)

ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:50 am

Johnson stood on the elevator looking around the elevator and listening to the Marines on the comm. The elevator slowly made its descent in the dark.
Private Michael K. Johnson
Motion Tracker Expert, Comm/Computer and Portable Welder Professional

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:51 am

Listening to the comm chatter over the platoons radio net, O'Brien perked up when he heard where the contact on the motion tracker was located.  The female locker room.   Turning to face his squad leader, " Hey CPL, the contact is located in the female change room, if this turns out to be a rescue mission, i volunteer myself to make first contact.  I mean there could be some total fox in trouble down there." Continuing on roll before any of the guys could get a word in edge wise, O'Brien grinned and gestured to the others.  "Besides, Mongo and Johhnno are out of the running since they are both dating each other, and you have leadership responsibilites, so i guess that leaves me to take one for the team."

CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Dirk listened to the chatter. It was always good to hear Marines talking shit. It ment things were going well..

Dirk looked at the drag marks on the floor. Fresh, he thought as the air whirled of freshly disturbed particles. Looking at the rest of the men he held up his hand to quiet things own. Who or what they were looking for was on the other side of the door.

Motionng for 4th squad to follow him. Dirl slowly opened the door to the womens locker room and went inside, looking for any movement.

(Roll awarenes)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Hunk
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by Hunk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 pm

MI_trooper wrote: "you got it, could you watch my motion tracker for me ill hook it onto my belt, if you see anything on the screen let me know"
<tag second

<roll motion tracker

Pvt lippa hooked his motion tracker to his belt but he left it on so the man behind him could see if anything showed up. then he pulled out his shotgun and continued caustiosly down the cooridor on point.
<roll awarness
Luke picked up the motion tracker keeping an eye on it and keeping up with Lippa.I'm right behind you Lippa i got this covered. Luke looked up to make sure he was right behind Lippa.

-=Tag Lippa=-

(OOC- Roll for motion tracker.  Im assuming im a rifleman, but with a Sub instead of the pulse rifle?)
Pvt. Devon Aerricks
Spaceforce Sol, 3rd battalion,
2nd regiment, 1st company,
8th platoon Squad 3

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Morse was in between 3rd and 4th squad when they moved around the corner towards the womans locker room. Funny how he was the rear guard when he was the one standing in the middle. As they approached the womans locker room Morse began to stare at the walls and up at the ceiling again. Wasn't but a few moments later they were in front of the womans locker room door. Being rear guard that meant he had to watch the outside while the squad entered.

Morse stood right beside the womans locker room door as his squad entered, and stared down the hallway that ran past the Men and Womans Locker rooms. He could quite see all the way down with his light, but it looked like it was a dead end. He continued to take in the darkness and waited for the squad to get all the way into the room or wait for further orders.

< Roll Awareness
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Private wrote: Kurosaki glanced at the ground. The dust didn't seem to be disturbed.
"Looks like nobody's home" He remarked, looking around. "Lippa, take point. I'll take the rear"

"Affirm." Quinn responded to Corporal Kurosaki as he moved behind Luke, being the third in line.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:47 am

Kurosaki continued to move in the line, with Lippa on point, Luke behind him, and Quinn in front of Kurosaki. He glanced up at the ceiling briefly, before looking again. Was that a monkey?

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Erik was slightly behind Cpl Pitt's shoulder on the right. He held the Smartgun up to his shoulder as there was little room and also to make it so Cpl Pitt had room to maneuver. He could quickly and fluidly move it level to engage a target. But he needed room to swing it. He checked the way ahead with the Motion tracker in his left hand. He held it in a way that let Cpl Pitt see the readout screen if he wanted to glance at it.

Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

MI_trooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MI_trooper » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

OOC: begginign post confused me sorry, were is 2nd headed towards

pvt lippa keeps moving down the corridor watching infront of him and above him

hey dont scare me with that monkey stuff please... i got to keep my game face when on point.

<tag second
<roll awareness
Pvt: lippa
motion tracker, SMG, and shotgun
second squad

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 am

Simovic moved in the middle of the two squads, all indications pointed to the fact that a fire had swept through this level he doubted whether anything could have lived through this, yet the other section was picking up a signal, it all seemed rather eerie to him.

MI_trooper wrote: "you got it, could you watch my motion tracker for me ill hook it onto my belt, if you see anything on the screen let me know"
"Someone take the motion tracker from him, if its swaying around on his belt it will just pick up us".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:21 am

Ishizawa held his pulse rifle at the waist and slowly crept through the hallway, following close behind 4th squad. All that could be heard were the trackers and the footsteps of the Marines. By now, his tracker was picking up what 4th squad was closing in on. While he moved forward, he looked down at his tracker, which he held in the same hand he was gripping the foregrip of the pulse rifle.
m113a12 wrote:The female locker room.   Turning to face his squad leader, " Hey CPL, the contact is located in the female change room, if this turns out to be a rescue mission, i volunteer myself to make first contact.  I mean there could be some total fox in trouble down there." Continuing on roll before any of the guys could get a word in edge wise, O'Brien grinned and gestured to the others.  "Besides, Mongo and Johhnno are out of the running since they are both dating each other, and you have leadership responsibilites, so i guess that leaves me to take one for the team."

Hearing O'Brien request, Ishizawa chuckled. "I may have leadership responsibilities, but I'm an awesome multitasker. 3rd, pull down your IR Eye Pieces, keep the chatter to a minimum from now on. Johnson, turn on your tracker and take up 3rd squad's rear".

OOC: post edited, forgot that Johnson has the pulse rifle and tracker.
Last edited by Tyler Ishizawa on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”