The 7th Campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M2T5

Post by Nick » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 am

2179 AD, 28th September
Mission timer: 00:00:19:38

Sergeant Simovic's boot laden foot impacted heavily on the door to the communications bunker and it flew open with a bang. The Marines quickly scanned the dark corridor passageway that lead into the belly of the bunker. The walls were raw concrete and stripes of brown rain water residue striped them. Just inside the door a short five flight stair case in concrete lead to the hallway floor. The staircase creaked eerily as they stepped on it. The inside of the bunker was cold and raw, a small draft could be felt as they entered the hallway.

The hallway lead straight for another ten meters before opening up into a large room filled with large square boxes. A slight electrical humming could be heard, some kind of irregular blipping sound was also audible from a communications console. The console was wrapped in transparant plastic and the buttons beneath it glowed softly in red, blue and green. A boom microphone portruded from the table and held the plastic up almost like a tent.

The motiontrackers showed nothing and the bunker was quickly cleared out by Sergeant Dugan and his men.

The 4th and 3rd Squad started making their way around the dome slowly and carefully. To their right the two large, square, three story buildings loomed in the mist. The ground was made of large pebbles that cracked softly as they moved forward, the smell from the nearby bogs had almost diminished that or their noses had gotten used to it. The motion tracker still showed nothing, it's sharp "toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc" was nervewrecking and the eyes where pinned to the small screen, softly sweeping back and forth. The doppler-shift scanning waves could not penetrate the dome however, so whatever was inside could be just inside the door and be ready to jump them.

The entrance to the large dome was made up by two interlocking metal doors, the marines set up a perimeter and Private Johnson brought up his welding tool and started working on the door. The crooked symbol of Biohazard was stamped on both doors together with the somewhat abundant "Authorized staff only" sign. The brilliant blue flashing from the tool flickered in the mist, and the Marines nervously looked around them as the tool sputtered and hissed. The door took almost two minutes to cut open, with a damped thud the door fell off its hinges and the Marines lifted it out, careful not to touch the hot white glowing parts of the door.

The inside of the dome was magnificent, extremely large and supported by huge beams arching high over their heads. The dome was also completely empty except for a few old looking wooden crates and a gated elevator placed squarely in the middle of the floor. A soft murmuring could be heard from somewhere below them.

Once the dom was cleared 3rd Squad quickly moved up to the two large buildings. What struck them at first sight was that they completely lacked windows, and the few that still remained was either smashed or very, very dirty. Upon closer inspection it was clear that both buildings were deserted and had been for the last five or more years.

>
Site admin

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: M2T5

Post by eyeball » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:51 pm

patch finished his sweep and upon finding nothing reported back " right side , sector clear"..

ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:18 pm

Dirk walked into the dome, his pulse rifle at the ready. The place was huge, but almost empty. Looking from side to side he saw that nothing was going on on this level. The soft murmuring from below was where he was going to find some information.

"OK 4th. Time to go for a ride. Everyone on the elevator, and be ready for contact. We have no idea whats down there. He said as he walked slowly across the dome and entered the gated elevator.

Once everyone was in he pressed the down button and got ready fro whatever this dome was covering.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote: "OK 4th. Time to go for a ride. Everyone on the elevator, and be ready for contact. We have no idea whats down there. He said as he walked slowly across the dome and entered the gated elevator.
Jacob stalked forward with 4th, watching every shadow. As they approached the lift - he heard the order, and having nothing to add slid inside and scanned his gun around.

"Alert 'n' careful. God knows I wish there was a better way down!"

an unlit cigarette in the corner of his mouth, Jacob was all nerves as they prepared to descend...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:07 am

Morse began to chuckle a bit when he stepped onto the elevator. He held his M41A with both hands was taking in the surroundings. Wasn't like anything he'd ever seen. Sure he'd seen old werehouses and things in the like, but this was like a Special Company Woodshed or somethin along those lines. His smile widened a bit. Figures, Back on Earth ya gotta take the Highway to get to hell, on this shit hole of a rock, ya gotta take an elevator. Morse said with his eyes looking all over the place.

< Tag 4th Squad
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:03 pm

1st Squad cleared the communications bunker rapidly, Simovic thought it very strange the place was empty even Corporate security forces wouldn't be so stupid as to leave it unguarded. Looking at the comms equipment an idea came to Simovic "Pfc Patch get on the terminal and try and pull up any plans, logs, personnel lists or anything that might be useful".

After a few minutes Simovic decided to see if the others had located anything "This is 1st Squad can the other Squads report in their status, over".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Erik followed the others of his squad on to the elevator platform. He went to stand in the middle so he could turn in any direction. He held the Smartgun by the back handle with his right hand, with it balanced on the harness' arm. In his left hand with it's strap over his shoulder, he operated his team's motion tracker, which he swept in slow arcs back and forth but so far it hadn't picked up anything.

"Hey Morse, Do you think the Company was keeping their zoo down in the basement?"

"Cpl Pitt, what position in the Squad's formation do you want me to take with the heavy, in front, middle or as rear guard?"

@ Cpl Pitt: Are we using IR yet? Also I'm only Novice on Machinegun and Motion Tracker.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:01 am

"Pfc Patch get on the terminal and try and pull up any plans, logs, personnel lists or anything that might be useful".
"on it sarge"

incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Raider65 wrote:
"Cpl Pitt, what position in the Squad's formation do you want me to take with the heavy, in front, middle or as rear guard?"

@ Cpl Pitt: Are we using IR yet? Also I'm only Novice on Machinegun and Motion Tracker.
Dirk crushed out his cigaret as he entered the elevator. "Take point with that smartgun Erik. Be ready, but check your targets." He said.

OOC No..No IR yet but your targeting on your smartgun has it already I think.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:57 pm

The computer booted up as Patch fingers flickered across the keyboard. A little clicking was heard as the large solid state memories activated and moments later a screen floated in mid air in front of Patch, his face illuminated by the pale blue light. Suddenly the hue on his face turned red as they terminal ran a systems checkup.

"Hey Sarge...listen to this" Patch said as he activated the voice module on the computer. An electronic female voice filled the room moments later.

"Alert. Containment breach. Levels two. Four. Five. Eight. Warning. Fire. Levels: One. Seven. Three. Containment breach. Evacuate. Fire. Warning. Alert. Containment breach. Warning. Fire. Evacuate."

Patch punched a few more buttons to penetrate deeper into the system.

"Insufficient security clearance." Patch continued to work on the terminal for a little while.

"Insufficient security clearance. Security breach. Hacking attempt detected. Terminal locked."

With that the screen froze, unresponsive.
Site admin

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Johnson scanned the interior with his Motion Tracker, having put away his Welding Tool. He heard the soft murmering below him and thought of it as possibly a generator or something of the like. He glanced back to the outside, where a few straggling Marines were softly pouring in. He glanced back down at the Motion Tracker and let out a soft sigh.

(OOC: Sorry once again for lack of posting....More problems on Post. I'm assuming that 3rd and 4th Squads are together now?)
Private Michael K. Johnson
Motion Tracker Expert, Comm/Computer and Portable Welder Professional

MI_trooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MI_trooper » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:10 pm

OOC: is second squad doing anything yet? last time i checked we were still about to breach a position... im just waiting fro somewone to open the door and throw a flashbang btw after i do the roll thing how do i know if i saw anything on my motion tracker? jw
Pvt: lippa
motion tracker, SMG, and shotgun
second squad

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 pm

eyeball wrote:
"Hey Sarge...listen to this" Patch said as he activated the voice module on the computer. An electronic female voice filled the room moments later.

"Alert. Containment breach. Levels two. Four. Five. Eight. Warning. Fire. Levels: One. Seven. Three. Containment breach. Evacuate. Fire. Warning. Alert. Containment breach. Warning. Fire. Evacuate."

"Hmm this doesn't sound good it seems that there must have been a fire on one of the lower levels of this complex" Simovic reckoned the fire must have occured in the underground section of the complex as all of the above buildings were intact, he knew from experience that fires underground were deadly as the chance of escape was minimal. "I reckon we're going to find multiple fatalities down there. Gear up we may as well try and link up with the rest of the platoon, there's nothing more we can do here" Simovic motioned to the frozen console. Before grabbing his Pulse Rifle from a desk and moving towards the door.

Simovic clicked his comms to the platoon channel "This is Simovic, I still need other squads to report there status. It seems there has been some sort of containment breech more than likely underground that has resulted in a fire, over"

(O.O.C MI_trooper I believe that 2nd Squad searched the Living Quarters and found nothing, I think Nick accidently put that 3rd searched both the Living Quarters and the General Stores, when they were only searching the latter. Also Nick will inform you if you pick up anything on your motion tracker).
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:51 am

"Roger that Cpl" replied Erik "And thats probabily wise as then I'll have the room to move this pig around. Also I'm glad this thing self targets so I can use it one handed. And using the tracking cone of the Smartgun coupled with the wider scan area of the tracker I should be able to be forewarned of any incoming subjects and be able to give you guys a heads up. But once I open up I'll have to drop the tracker to control the Smartgun's recoil. I should be able to fire in short controlled burst with one hand though. But if I have to open her up on automatic she kicks abit and I'll need both hands on her. I should be able to hose anything coming straight at us so you guys just watch the sides and my back. And I'm check for IFF before opening up, Cpl."

OOC: Is 3rd coming with us down the elevator? Is it a big freight elevator or a small personnel elevator?

Erik checked the Smartgun's battery for a full charge, checked the full ammo drum and charged the big gun by hand to make sure it didn't jam. He ran a test on the Motion Tracker and checked it's charge which was still full. He flipped the Smartgun's targetting HUD down over his right eye and checked it's tracking and target scanning functions. He figured he would be the first one off the elevator when it stopped so he had to be ready to go.

"Hey Morse stay close with that extra ammo if I open this bad boy up it'll run dry pretty fast."

Last edited by Raider65 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:06 am

"sorry sarge computers aren't really my strong point"

"containment breach" what the hell were they containing?? thought patch, he picked up his pulse rifle checked the load and moved off after Simovic and the rest of squad one.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”