M2T1

The 7th Campaign
Morse
Captain

Re: M2T1

Post by Morse » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Morse almost laughed as Simovic came down, and he wasn't entirely sure how things had escalated to the point where he had too. He let Simovic take the flask. Morse listened to orders, he just liked to make his own specifics as the Sergeant did say "Catch him drinkin". Besides, Morse had forgotten he had stripes in he first place, but he might as well to keep em. He said nothing, he just straightened continued listening. When he heard the verdict on the recon squad he wasn't suprised it wasn't suprised.

Gotta love the corps. Morse said quietly to himself commenting that this is probably the only place in the galaxy where being screwed, is routine. He just stood their straightened up and waited for them to finish up with the briefing

(OOC: When i made that crack about rank and experience, i was talkin about the leutenant bein over the rest of us, really i was saying that i was no better then the rest a you , sorry about the rank confusion.)
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

MI_trooper
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MI_trooper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm

pvt lippa was getting so confused over all the chatter, he started to sweat a little, and began to mess around with his writing utensil and shaking his leg, looking around he saw marines talking amonst eachother and messing around a little.

ok so the plan is to drop a recon squad in to find a safe LZ for the rest of us, then we will split up secure the reasearch facility, and find out why they lost contact, and prevent any incedent like this to happen again, right? im fresh to this unit so what is the rules for engagement for this mission? shoot it if its ugly, or if it has a gun and a pissed off atitude? or is it fire if fired at or fire when commanded to?

Pvt: lippa
motion tracker, SMG, and shotgun
second squad

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:12 am

[quote]
He walked over to the offending men "What the hell do you think your doing? You don't smoke or drink in a briefing, we ain't a bunch of unruly soldiers, we're Marines and we run a tight ship around here" As he said this he snatched the cigarette out of Johnson’s mouth and tossed it on the floor. He then took the flask of Morse and leaned over and said to him quietly. "If I catch you drinking while on duty again your be losing those stripes before your feet can touch the floor!â€
Private Michael K. Johnson
Motion Tracker Expert, Comm/Computer and Portable Welder Professional

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:22 am

Dirk sighed and lowered his head for a moment. "You heard the man 4th. In the rear with the gear again. Lets get to supply and go over our gear incase we are needed this time. No drinking, smoking or bitching. We're Marines, we have a job to do and we will get it done" He said as he stood and turned to his squad.

He turned his head as he walked towards the door."We need a smart gunner and someone to carry a flame unit. I need volenteers or I'll pick some" He said

Once Dirk was out of the room he headed to the supply and armoury, lighting his cigaret as he went
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 am

Sixtus nodded in agreeance with the Sergeant. His squad had one of the best infiltrators with Corporal Kurosaki, but Quinn wasn't. Why they were chosen for the job of entry team, he didn't know. But he raised his hand again.

"Sarge, can we get a shotgun added to our team? It could prove useful. Also maybe some breaching charges and flashbangs?"
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:20 am

Morse followed Dirk to the armory. He had no objections to their part, he never had a problem being support, in fact he preffered it. As they walked he heard Dirks request for volunteers on the smart gun and flamethrower. Problem was, Morse wasn't any good with either one.

Well i aint gonna volunteer for luggin around either one of em, namely cus i can barely shoot M41A, and i aint worth two bits of a shit with either one a the guns mentioned. I'd say Eric the smart gun, and ya might as well take the flamer yourself. You can light your cigarettes with a USCM issued lighter, should work out pretty nice i figure

< Tag Dirk and 4th squad
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:31 am

He then walked up to stand next to Lt Anderson “Sorry about the interruptions. Ok it has been decided that a 4 man recce team be sent in ahead of the platoon. 3rd Squad have been given this duty. Your be acting in two teams of a sniper and spotter. The sniper armed with a M42A Scope Rifle and the spotter issued with a set of binoculars and a motion tracker, I’m also working
"Sergeant? If you don't mind, I think i'd be able to tote around the Orbital Communicator as well as the Motion Tracker. I've had extensive training with the Tracker sir and well, I want to be as useful as I can for this mission. I understand the responsibility and concentration of carrying them both but like i said, i've had extensive training." Johnson's voice had almost an edge of desperation for the Tracker, the comfort of being able to detect the baddies before they could.

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 am

"Thanks for volunteering me to lug the heavy around, Morse" said Erik "but at least I'll have the firepower to watch your back"

Erik liked being in the support/reserve unit as then at least you got to know what you were going up against once the tip of the spear engaged something.

"Cpl Dirk Pitt, If you want me on the Smartgun, I'll take it if no one else wants to or has better skill than me. But I'm best with the M41A." replied Erik to his Squad Leader.

Last edited by Raider65 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:10 am

Ranger2011 wrote: "Sergeant? If you don't mind, I think i'd be able to tote around the Orbital Communicator as well as the Motion Tracker. I've had extensive training with the Tracker sir and well, I want to be as useful as I can for this mission. I understand the responsibility and concentration of carrying them both but like i said, i've had extensive training."

"Johnson, you can have my tracker. I've read your file, you scored higher than me on it so better you take it. I'll hand it to ya before we drop"

Ishizawa thought about his orders. His squad would be moving in first to recon the area. Recon was what he specialized in, it was his most skilled area, and he was glad to be able to finally put his skills to use, the previous mission not calling for much scouting.

But at the same time, he felt uneasy. He looked down at the 2 chevrons on his BDU. He'd made Corporal, but he didn't feel ready. It was a quick boost Ishizawa had not been expecting, and he had only really got the position because of Silvanus' death. Being promoted into a dead man's position bothered him greatly, and he wished Silvanus was still there.

But other people were now depending on him. Regardless of how he felt, he still had a job to do.
ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:24 am

"Johnson, you can have my tracker. I've read your file, you scored higher than me on it so better you take it. I'll hand it to ya before we drop"
The newly promoted Corporal had just been placed on Johnson's good list."Thank you uh, Corporal, this is the thing that settles my nerves right there." He winked at Ishizawa. but then noticing a troubled look in the man's eye. "Is this about Silvanus? I've read a bit about it and heard a little more. Look sir, if you're nervous about this responsibilty just know that every Marine under you, myself included will jump in the line of fire for you. We follow you all the way and then some, and i'm a little worried about having a doubtful leader." He smiled at the last part, and then grabbed the Corporal's hand and shook it. "Private Michael Keith Johnson, only Marine you'll meet with three first names, heh. But since you've already read my file, you know me but sir, I don't know you very well." He offered, trying to spark up a short conversation to help the man.

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:03 am

Ranger2011 wrote:
The newly promoted Corporal had just been placed on Johnson's good list."Thank you uh, Corporal, this is the thing that settles my nerves right there." He winked at Ishizawa. but then noticing a troubled look in the man's eye. "Is this about Silvanus? I've read a bit about it and heard a little more. Look sir, if you're nervous about this responsibilty just know that every Marine under you, myself included will jump in the line of fire for you. We follow you all the way and then some, and i'm a little worried about having a doubtful leader." He smiled at the last part, and then grabbed the Corporal's hand and shook it. "Private Michael Keith Johnson, only Marine you'll meet with three first names, heh. But since you've already read my file, you know me but sir, I don't know you very well." He offered, trying to spark up a short conversation to help the man.

"Nice to meet you too Johnson, and don't worry, everything will go smoothly", replied Ishizawa, shaking Johnson's hand. He thought about what the private said. A doubtful leader. It slightly annoyed Ishizawa, and as much as he didn't want to admit what Johnson had said, he was right. The last thing Ishizawa needed was 3rd squad getting demoralized when the burden of the mission was on them.

"We can continue this later, the briefing takes priority"

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 am

Obi walked followed the rest of the squad, seeing Corporal Tyler Ishizawa he offered his hand.  " Pleasure to meet you Corporal, Pvt Mike O'Brien, but i just go by Obi.  I wanted to apologise for what happened in the briefing, i didn't mean to run off at the mouth.  Just thought i may have been on to something."  But with a slight shrug of the shoulders and a nod of the head to Morse, "however i guess its that experience wha
ts counts, so i just wanted to let you know that from now on it will be mouth shut and be makin like a sponge around you."

CPL Ishizawa

(Sorry i missed the last few posts the internet died on the ship)
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 am

MI_trooper wrote:
ok so the plan is to drop a recon squad in to find a safe LZ for the rest of us, then we will split up secure the reasearch facility, and find out why they lost contact, and prevent any incedent like this to happen again, right? im fresh to this unit so what is the rules for engagement for this mission? shoot it if its ugly, or if it has a gun and a pissed off atitude? or is it fire if fired at or fire when commanded to?

"Pvt Lippa I suggest you re-read the briefing notes, you are only to fire if you are fired upon. Primarily you will be just going into reconnaitre the area in preperation for the main platoon's assault, not to kick ass and take names. We are here to investigate why contact has been lost with the research station, it could just be a downed transmitter for all we know"

Quinn wrote: Sixtus nodded in agreeance with the Sergeant. His squad had one of the best infiltrators with Corporal Kurosaki, but Quinn wasn't. Why they were chosen for the job of entry team, he didn't know. But he raised his hand again.

"Sarge, can we get a shotgun added to our team? It could prove useful. Also maybe some breaching charges and flashbangs?"
"I'll see what I can do Quinn, but you know how it is with the Marines supply lines, I'll probably have to beg, borrow or steal it from the army!"

Tyler Ishizawa wrote:
Ranger2011 wrote: "Sergeant? If you don't mind, I think i'd be able to tote around the Orbital Communicator as well as the Motion Tracker. I've had extensive training with the Tracker sir and well, I want to be as useful as I can for this mission. I understand the responsibility and concentration of carrying them both but like i said, i've had extensive training."

"Thats ok I have a spare Motion Tracker kicking around so you can both have one, you will need them as the two sniper groups will probably need to split up".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:48 pm

Raider65 wrote:
"Cpl Dirk Pitt, If you want me on the Smartgun, I'll take it if no one else wants to or has better skill than me. But I'm best with the M41A." replied Erik to his Squad Leader.

"Thanks Erik. Ya, take the smart gun. We'll stock an extra M-41A in the APC just incase we are called into a tight area that the smartgun won't fit. He said.

"Now, that just leaves the zippo." He said to the squad with a half grin.

Dirk crushed out the cigaret and lit another as he waited for the volenteer.
Last edited by Dirk Pitt on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 pm

"We can continue this later, the briefing takes priority"
Johnson nodded in agreement. "Yes sir, sorry sir. Just trying to get to know my superiors a little better." He said in a somewhat shaky voice.

"Thats ok I have a spare Motion Tracker kicking around so you can both have one, you will need them as the two sniper groups will probably need to split up".
Johnson turned to the Sergeant. "Well that's even all the better then." He said with a casual smile.

(OOC briefing is still in session for 3rd sqaud, or did I read something wrong?)

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”