M2T1

The 7th Campaign
Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Re: M2T1

Post by Obi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 am

Obi piped up, "I have a suggetion Ma'am, if we have to recon the site first how about forming an initial two man insertion team?  That way we will have real time intel on the site and possible save us a lot of effort tabbing our way to the facility.  I mean if it checks out and the team on the ground gives us the green light, why not have the Drop Zone (DZ)  straight up on to the facility? Go in hard and fast.  As well, we could plan the mission loadout depending on the recon teams say so.  Obi looked around with a slight grin, "call me the keen FNG, but i volunteer to be part of any team if formed."
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 am

Morse then looked at Johnson, one a the new people who had popped into the conversation. He took another drink and thought about what the points that the guy had made.

You're lookin at this the wrong way, bad feelins and such. See, your gettin a once in a life time opertunity to take a stroll through the lab and see the future technology of the world, thats somethin not many people'll get to do. Morse said, then took another drink. Besides those marines that went to LV-426 probably switched out to work for Weyland cus they pay a hell of alot better Morse finished, laughing after he said it

< Tag - Johnson and Dirk.

(OOC - sorry for the ooc, but can you new guys put Tag whoever your talkin to when you say somethin, i'm gettin confused as to who you keep talkin to.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:20 am

You're lookin at this the wrong way, bad feelins and such. See, your gettin a once in a life time opertunity to take a stroll through the lab and see the future technology of the world, thats somethin not many people'll get to do. Morse said, then took another drink. Besides those marines that went to LV-426 probably switched out to work for Weyland cus they pay a hell of alot better Morse finished, laughing after he said it.
Johnson chuckled softly, "You have a point sir, my brother worked for the company and made a killing of money." After finishing he chuckled a little more. It was just all in his head. He took a last puff from his cigarette and flicked it at his feet, then lightly snuffing it with his boot.

Obi piped up, "I have a suggetion Ma'am, if we have to recon the site first how about forming an initial two man insertion team?  That way we will have real time intel on the site and possible save us a lot of effort tabbing our way to the facility.  I mean if it checks out and the team on the ground gives us the green light, why not have the Drop Zone (DZ)  straight up on to the facility? Go in hard and fast.  As well, we could plan the mission loadout depending on the recon teams say so.  Obi looked around with a slight grin, "call me the keen FNG, but i volunteer to be part of any team if formed."
Johnson just stared at the Marine, and a grin plastered it's way to his face. "Hell man, if your crazy plan is considered count me in. I mean, I do have the only Orbital Communicator in Section 2 am I correct? So it'd make sense if I went, just to give the all clear."
He turned to Lt. Anderson, "Only if his plan is considered. But it sounds pretty good to me."

(OOC - Thanks Morse, I forgot all about it, being so excited to finally play.)
Private Michael K. Johnson
Motion Tracker Expert, Comm/Computer and Portable Welder Professional

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am

Erik sat by Morse and just listened to the briefing and what was being said by his fellow Marines. He signed the box for the security clearance upgrade.
He didn't like that there wouldn't be any backup.
He also didn't like repelling down into the station site. Getting back up would be slow and leave the climbing Marines as easy targets. He didn't like having his back to the wall so to speak. He was sure the mission planners would see these flaws and figure ways around them.
He sat next to Morse and just thought quietly to himself about the gear he would need and what he would be issued and what he'd need to "find" for himself.
He didn't think they'd send them in on a one way mission, would they??
Last edited by Raider65 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:44 am

"Cheers Johhno, i think we can do it."  Obi said thankfully for the support to his plan. "Like i said i might be the keen FNG, well we might be the keen FNG's" with a sideways glance towards Johhno, "but what do the rest of you  guys think? Morse and Erik?  Worth a shot trying it?"

Morse & Erik
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:13 am

"Cheers Johhno, i think we can do it."  Obi said thankfully for the support to his plan. "Like i said i might be the keen FNG, well we might be the keen FNG's" with a sideways glance towards Johhno
"Anytime, anywhere man." He replied to Obi, then glancing over to Morse and Erik said, "Yes, I would like some feedback of the idea, even though we'd have to have the Lieutenant's approval. It is quite worth the shot." Then being the chronic smoker he is, lit up another cigarette, drawing from it and blowing a cloud of smoke into the air.

Dire Wolf
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Dire Wolf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 am

In the corner sat an average man of average build... to be honest the man looked completely average. He stood at 6' even, brown hair, brown eyes... everything about him just screamed average. Steiner had just recently been assigned to Byron's Bandits... he was arriving just as they were leaving for their last mission, oh the great logistics of a Solar military organization. Hans managed to slip into the briefing room more or less unnoticed, and decided that he was better off being silent until he really had something to say. Fortunately though, it seemed that every question he had was quickly asked and answered by the Marines or the El-Tee, respectively.

He sighed as he leaned back in his chair and, well, just watched and listened. "Well, at least the view is decent..." He mumbled, referring to Lieutenant Anderson.

Last edited by Dire Wolf on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Steiner

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 am

He sighed as he leaned back in his chair and, well, just watched and listened. "Well, at least the view is decent..." He mumbled, referring to Lieutenant Anderson.
Johnson chuckled and glanced over at the very average looking man. "Hell yeah brother. Very nice." He whispered, overhearing Steiner. He nodded as he drew another long drag from the cigarette. "Definetly something i'd like to bring back to Gateway if you catch my drift." He grinned deviously, blowing smoke from in between his pearly teeth.

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:41 am

Morse had his serious face split back into a grin. These guys must have been straight out of boot, because they didn't have any idea what the hell they were doing. Taking another drink of "Homebrew" he looked at all of them, since they all had such nice things to say about everything.

First off, that plans got a few flaws. See if you send 2 guys in alone, no matter how quietly they move, they could always wind up gettin discovered and grilled. Second is if their wrong about the intel they give back, say theres an AA mount that they overlooked, your gonna have 2 squads of fried marines because 2 blind greenhorns made a bad call. Morse wasn't speaking in a whisper but he had a natural projection with the way he spoke.

< Tag Obi and Johnson

Morse then looked over at Seiner and then back at the other new guy Johnson. Ya'll definetly gotta do some more figurin when your talkin cus you boys'll sittin in a worse hell hole then where were goin if you don't watch the way your mouths are spillin your thinkin. Morse said implying they better shut up before the Leutenant transfers them to latrine specialization for the rest of their time in the corps.

< Tag Seiner and Obi.

Morse then looked at Eric. These new guys aint none sharpest a shooters, they must be colony bums like you i figure. Morse said. He figured Eric to be just as much of a veteran as he was, because experience didn't mean anything in the corps, rank did.

< Tag Eric
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:01 am

Morse then looked over at Seiner and then back at the other new guy Johnson. Ya'll definetly gotta do some more figurin when your talkin cus you boys'll sittin in a worse hell hole then where were goin if you don't watch the way your mouths are spillin your thinkin. Morse said implying they better shut up before the Leutenant transfers them to latrine specialization for the rest of their time in the corps.
Johnson just stared at the man. Yet as experienced as he may be, he didn't like him or liked the idea of working with him. "Maybe ya'll need ta cool yerself down a bit, sir." He said, imitating the southern accent, yet keeping as much respect with the man as possible. One thing Johnson did not like was being, metaphorically, spit on. And by the smell of it, the man was drinking something strong, but that good smell of liquor.
First off, that plans got a few flaws. See if you send 2 guys in alone, no matter how quietly they move, they could always wind up gettin discovered and grilled. Second is if their wrong about the intel they give back, say theres an AA mount that they overlooked, your gonna have 2 squads of fried marines because 2 blind greenhorns made a bad call.

"Further more, sir, you don't even know who I am. How is it that you could judge me by when I get out of Boot instead of trying to help or, what, say no in a more appropriate way.Johnson's whisper rose until it was a harsh rasping sound. No mean to sound insubordinate, but I wouldn't be able to take an order from you without first having to think it over in my own head. So, how about a new start, sir. Or will I just be shooting you with my imaginary Pulse Rifle the whole time we're in the same room?"
His raspy whisper died down as he reached over Obi to offer a hand to Morse. "Private Michael K. Johnson, Commtech, sir." He had a slightly sarcastic tone to his voice but otherwise just meant to get on the man's good side, if he had one.

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:53 am

"if i were you mate, i would drop the sir when speaking to a non-com, i don't care if there is an officer in the room, its a damn good way to piss people off, he's earned any respect he has by covering our asses and supporting other marines, he has not just come out of some officers school whispered patch to Johnson

patch looked past the new marine to see Morse and made eye contact....damn this guy could do dead pan well. even patch wasn't sure if he was joking or not.

ooc. sorry if i am wrong but didn't think Morse was anything but a private, if he got promoted after last mission please insert non-com some were into the above statement  :) never mind amended myself after checking roster
Last edited by eyeball on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:49 am

Ranger2011 wrote:
Johnson just stared at the man. Yet as experienced as he may be, he didn't like him or liked the idea of working with him. "Maybe ya'll need ta cool yerself down a bit, sir." He said, imitating the southern accent, yet keeping as much respect with the man as possible. One thing Johnson did not like was being, metaphorically, spit on. And by the smell of it, the man was drinking something strong, but that good smell of liquor.
First off, that plans got a few flaws. See if you send 2 guys in alone, no matter how quietly they move, they could always wind up gettin discovered and grilled. Second is if their wrong about the intel they give back, say theres an AA mount that they overlooked, your gonna have 2 squads of fried marines because 2 blind greenhorns made a bad call.

"Further more, sir, you don't even know who I am. How is it that you could judge me by when I get out of Boot instead of trying to help or, what, say no in a more appropriate way.Johnson's whisper rose until it was a harsh rasping sound. No mean to sound insubordinate, but I wouldn't be able to take an order from you without first having to think it over in my own head. So, how about a new start, sir. Or will I just be shooting you with my imaginary Pulse Rifle the whole time we're in the same room?"
His raspy whisper died down as he reached over Obi to offer a hand to Morse. "Private Michael K. Johnson, Commtech, sir." He had a slightly sarcastic tone to his voice but otherwise just meant to get on the man's good side, if he had one.

Saying in a quiet enough voice so that only the few Marines could be heard, "Gentlemen, there's a briefing going on. Save the drama for later." without even looking up from his data slate. If Johnson looked back, he'd be able to see the single stripe of Private First Class on Quinn's sleeve, and the same for Morse.

At the mention of the Corporate Lawyer, Sixtus had to stop himself from cringing. The lawyers always got in the damn way of a military operation, usually hanging onto the Lieutenant and manipulating them into giving an order according to their agenda, which meant the rest of the Marines had to follow.

The Biologist would actually be helpful, and Quinn wanted to talk to them later so that he could get an idea of what specific drugs to take along in the event of a contaminant escaping.

What bothered him though was the other Marine platoon that was sent in for a bughunt, but they were considered MIA. And with the reactor going off, that was also very strange indeed. Either by themselves weren't too much of a worry, but combined... the company was keeping their cards close to their chest. They also had some personal interests which was why they were bothering to send experts along with them at all.

Damn corporates, they get in a mess and when it backfires, they send us to clean it up. One day, the Corps. is gonna smack them one. Sixtus thought to himself while raising his hand for another question.

"Ma'am, why the incredible secrecy for a bunch of civilians? It's not like we'd sell the information to a rival company, but what if we find some really nasty shit going on inside? What's the S.O.P. on that?"
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:09 am

Octavius was paying close attention to the briefing so when Ishizawa leaned over and whispered his question Octavius only had to think for a second before he replied.

"Hell, it could be those corporate goons that we ran into on the last mission Ishi.  They've got a long reach and they don't give a damn who they hurt to get their own way.  I don't know if they'd sacrifice a whole research station though for whatever was in those containers.  If it's something biological I'm going to let you go in first when we hit the research station!" replied Private Mongo to Ishizawa in a stage whisper.

Turning back to the briefing Private Mongo let the voices of his fellow marines wash over him as they asked their questions and waited for their answers.  The two new guys in third squad were yammering away, which was good as it meant that they were paying attention to the briefing, but it was also bad cause they were dragging the whole briefing out as well. 

The emptiness that Mongo had been feeling since the last mission and the death of Corporal Silvanus had receeded after five days of R&R but he kept having flashes of what happened in the APC when he would have killed that captive if Sergeant Honeysett hadn't stopped him.  If Mongo was honest with himself he would have killed that captive if the Sarge hadn't reminded him that he was a marine and not some kind of whacked out, nutjob terrorist.

Rubbing his hand over his face Octavius tried to banish those thoughts to the back of his brain, before he went back to listening to the rest of the briefing.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:47 pm

"if i were you mate, i would drop the sir when speaking to a non-com, i don't care if there is an officer in the room, its a damn good way to piss people off, he's earned any respect he has by covering our asses and supporting other marines, he has not just come out of some officers school whispered patch to Johnson
Johnson looked at Patch and then at Morse, drawing off of yet another cigarette. "Never said I didn't respect him in anyway, just don't like him." He said after a moment.

"Gentlemen, there's a briefing going on. Save the drama for later."
Johnson nodded his head and drew from his cig. He knew the Marines had been through alot from reading the general archives. Nothing Top Secret of course but there was a KIA sheet. Most recently Corporal Silvanus who very few of the Marines talked about, and when they did, it wasn't very long.

(OOC forgive me if this part with Corporal Silvanus is, not proper. If you want just PM me and i'll remove it...)

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Simovic cringed as the briefing descended into a circus. But he quickly realised some sort of discipline had to be installed to prevent any further embarrassment, a brawl in a briefing would be the last thing they needed.

He walked over to the offending men "What the hell do you think your doing? You don't smoke or drink in a briefing, we ain't a bunch of unruly soldiers, we're Marines and we run a tight ship around here" As he said this he snatched the cigarette out of Johnson's mouth and tossed it on the floor. He then took the flask of Morse and leaned over and said to him quietly. "If I catch you drinking while on duty again your be losing those stripes before your feet can touch the floor!"
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”