M2T1

The 7th Campaign
exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: M2T1

Post by exowolf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 am

Sitting quietly taking in all the mission stuff Windrider quietly raises his hand.

"If you want a Sniper I am your man."

He then lowered his hand and went back to listening.  He seems to be one of these soldiers that gets tired of the questions and answers and just wants to go rock the socks off some bad guys.

He just sat there quietly listening and taking it all in.  Every once in a while glancing over at his squad mates, but basically was just waiting to see what was going to happen next with 3rd Squad.
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:24 am

"Aye Cpl Pitt and thanks for taking a reserve M41A". replied Erik.

"This will be my first mission using a Smartgun but from what I hear they almost shoot themselves. I've fired them in FamFire at boot but that was alittle while ago". At Morse. "I just hope I don't shoot you in the @ss by mistake so stay behind me so I can hose the target if any pop out and sense you got me into this you're carrying an extra drum for me".
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Morse looked back at Eric. Oh don't worry, i would never even think of standing in the front when it comes to combat. Hell i'm more likely to use you as what do the call them... uh.... meat shield thats it. Course i aint much of a shot either, so you'd best where extra ass armor, cus its a few bits more likely i'll wind up shootin that. Morse replied quickly.

< Tag Eric

Then Morse turned back at Dirk. I'm tellin ya corpral, your probably best suited to carry the "burnomizer" i'd just soon suggest you carry it yourself, cus i aint gonna be worth a damn with the thng. Morse said to Dirk again.

< tag Dirk
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Dirk let out a small laugh and shook his head.
"Point taken Morse. I'll bring the flame unit and sling my M-41A. Things go south I can grab it in a hurry. He said

Then looking over at Erik"Just make sure you kill me if you shoot me in the ass." He said with a smile
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:44 am

The briefing looked like it was winding down.  Mongo was pretty sure they had covered the most important parts, Third Squad was going to lead the way by getting dropped in first and then reccing the research facility.  Once they gave the all clear the rest of the platoon would be dropped and then they would move in and secure the site.  Rules of engagment were no firing unless fired on, so he made a mental note to remember not to pull the trigger once he spotted a bad guy, unless they started firing first.

Mongo wasn't happy about doing the recon because he was really crap at sneaking up on anything.  In every game of hide and seek he ever played in he always got found first.  He much preferred being delivered to the combat site all guns blazing so that he could kick ass and take names in the approved Marine way, rather than sneak around like some kind of ninja, but once he was given a job Mongo saw it through to the best of his ability.  Plus he got the sniper rifle so he could always shoot something if everything went to hell in a handbasket!

Jotting down the pertinent information Mongo looked around at the rest of the platoon trying to gauge them.  They'd got a few new bodies in the platoon and it always took some time for people to adjust, having said that Mongo was new to the platoon too seeing as this was only his second mission.

Leaning forward Mongo caught the attention of Ishizawa and nodded towards the Third Squad new guys.

"Hey bossman, we going to pair up with the new guys or stick together?" asked Mongo in whisper.

Mongo would prefer to stick with Ishizawa but as they were the most experienced men in the squad, which wasn't really saying much, it would be better if they paired up with one of the new guys to make sure they didn't get themselves killed. 

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am

Jacob walked up to Dugan

"Thanks for sorting my men out - I just thought it was water, clearly didn't get close enough to smell the booze!"

Rubbing his stubble thoughtfully...

"I think I'm gonna take the incinerator unit and pony up with 4th what you gonna be doing?"

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Ranger2011
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ranger2011 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:43 am

"Hey bossman, we going to pair up with the new guys or stick together?" asked Mongo in whisper.
Johnson looked at Mongo, smiling widely like he always did. "I was wondering the same thing sir. I need an 'instructor' with me. He laughed, looking briefly around and sticking a cigarette in his mouth. Instead of lighting it however, Johnson rolled it around in between his lips.
    He looked at Sergeant Honeysett and offered him a smoke. "Good to finally meet the infamous Sergeant. Private Michael Johnson sir." He beamed, extending his hand which contained a cigarette. "You could probably use a good smoke right about now eh?"
Private Michael K. Johnson
Motion Tracker Expert, Comm/Computer and Portable Welder Professional

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 am

"What do you want me to take CPL?  I am a fair shot with a '41 Alpha, so you vets can relax in the fact that i am not going to put a round or two up anyones arse, but i am willing to carry whatever is necessary."  Slightly pausing and taking the squad in with a nod, "With regards to the team assignments i'll fit in where you think is best, while confident in my abilities, it is my first ever combat drop so having a vet looking after me would make me feel a little better though." 

Having said that he felt a little better in himself, if i can show them that i am willing to put up, keep my head down and follow their lead, perhaps i'll make it as a Marine after all... and make it back in one piece.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:25 am

Apachetear wrote:
"Thanks for sorting my men out - I just thought it was water, clearly didn't get close enough to smell the booze!"

Rubbing his stubble thoughtfully...

"I think I'm gonna take the incinerator unit and pony up with 4th what you gonna be doing?"

"No problem. I'll tag along with 1st Squad, what do you think the deal is with this mission? I don't like the sounds of what happened to that strike team on LV426. Whatever they went up against we could be facing the same and having some sort of arty or air support would make me feel a whole lot better!".

As Simovic spoke he started to make his way towards Gateways armory he was hoping he could pull in a few favours to procure the extra equipment the platoon required.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”