M1T19

The 7th Campaign
exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: M1T19

Post by exowolf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Stabilizing himself and his gun with some material around him he gets dug in more as the building shudders with the gunfire.  Looking around he can notice various tangos roaming and scurrying from the explosions. 

Smiling like a kid at Christmas Windrider starts to find his targets and plinking a way...looking for those face or neck shots...Once he finds a target he breathes and squeezes the trigger...
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:41 am

With a wide grin on his face Octavius stopped firing into the smoke at where he thought the enemy troops might be coming from as soon as he heard Sergeant Honeysetts comment about his gun detecting enemy movement.

"Just trying to keep them honest Sarge!" replied Private Mongo.

"Hey Ishizawa how's your ammo holding up?  Third Squad how about the rest of you?" asked Octavius over the squads frequency as he kept an eye on the developing situation outside.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:59 am

pants wrote: With a wide grin on his face Octavius stopped firing into the smoke at where he thought the enemy troops might be coming from as soon as he heard Sergeant Honeysetts comment about his gun detecting enemy movement.

"Just trying to keep them honest Sarge!" replied Private Mongo.
"Keep 'em honest and in pools of blood far away from us, and I give you a grand!" Grinned Jacob
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 pm

Raider65 wrote:Hey Cpl Pitt, maybe we should call down a flight of gunships to overfly the city and get a SitRep or at least have them on stand by?" said Erik "Are we retreating back to our old base for pick up?"
"Thats up to the LT Erik, We're just the car pool." Dirk shouted from the door of the APC
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:08 am

Quinn looked outside at the single APC in disbelief. Getting behind cover, he tapped on his comm unit. "Sarge, Quinn of Second. There might be problems with seating everyone inside the APC. By my count, we can only seat fifteen, and that would leave five standing. And that's assuming that we don't have wounded that need a stretcher or someone who needs to be restrained. Just an FYI. Quinn out."

The medic then went back to sniping with his M-41A. Find a target, aim, gently squeeze the trigger.
Last edited by Quinn on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:16 am

"OK Cpl", replied Erik, "If we're going back out the hole we made, I might be able to drop/collapse the surrounding walls to block any remaining pursuit or at least slow it down maybe"

Erik listened to the Mercs sporadic rounds harmlessly detonating on the APC's armor.

"Hey Morse, Your watching those race events might come in handy when we gotta leave here cause I have a funny feeling it's going to be in a hurry".

He brought up the command code for the front turret and intensified the firepower by upping the rounds fired in each burst. That should hold back the Merc hordes for a while longer.
Last edited by Raider65 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 am

"Well, I aint got much doubts i could doit. Course it helps a bit when your racin with a big gun on us.... And do you see them movin out there, why aint they inside here yet. Morse said

< Tag Raider

He held the brake down and ran the engine a little bit, this way it wouldn't stall out if sometin was wrong wth the engine.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:48 am

"I don't know Morse, maybe they're thinking of making a last stand or something. We should be beating feet outta here by now, Bud." Erik replied to his new found friend. "I'm just going to keep doing my job while we wait".

He kept an active search for any weapon he could recgonize as a potenial threat to wrecking the APC. Infantry small arms were no real threat to the APC.

Last edited by Raider65 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote:
Raider65 wrote:Hey Cpl Pitt, maybe we should call down a flight of gunships to overfly the city and get a SitRep or at least have them on stand by?" said Erik "Are we retreating back to our old base for pick up?"
"Thats up to the LT Erik, We're just the car pool." Dirk shouted from the door of the APC
Simovic spoke into the platoon channel "We have orders from Lt Anderson to rendezvous at the old mines in 20 minutes, where we should have a pick up"

Quinn wrote: Quinn looked outside at the single APC in disbelief. Getting behind cover, he tapped on his comm unit. "Sarge, Quinn of Second. There might be problems with seating everyone inside the APC. By my count, we can only seat fifteen, and that would leave five standing. And that's assuming that we don't have wounded that need a stretcher or someone who needs to be restrained. Just an FYI. Quinn out."

Simovic selected 2nd Squads channel. "The plan was to rescue the major then retreat back and leave in both APC's unfortunately thats all now changed, so we need to improvise, adapt and overcome. Which means your be sitting with someone on your lap, your have to fight it out with Patch to see who gets the female prisoner" he replied jokingly.

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Between bursts of gunfire, Quinn tapped back "Oorah!" in confirmation. "I'll take Hoffman as runner up though!"

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 am

"Hey Morse, you heard Sgt Dugan? You better plot a course to the old mines site while you got some time. I've a feeling you'll be putting the petal to the metal when the evac starts. You should pull up a sat map and see if there's any natural ambush spots that you should try to avoid and if there are more than one way in and out." Erik spoke to his friend.

He kept looking for targets to engage with his main guns and firing some suppression shots just for a show of force.

Last edited by Raider65 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 am

Morse thought about that. It wasn't a bad idea, but at the moment it wasn't necesary, map planning was somethng you did when ya had alot a time on your hands, and they weren't gonna be there for more then a few minutes.

I figure i can wing my way through, whats the worst that'll happen? Morse said, pulling out he fask of homebrew whiskey and taking a quick drink I flip over a ravine and kill us all? We'll be fine. Morse replied.

He knew his over confidence was missplace but it didn't bother him much.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:20 am

"Hey Man, I got your back either way but I do hope the other squads will hurry up, the longer we wait the more time the Mercs have to bring up some type of heavy weapon or to find a way around to flank us".

Smoke was starting to leak in through the open main side door of the APC from the outside fires that burned in vehicle husks and buildings that had taken damage. The haze was starting to bring water to his eyes and the odor was getting offensive and distracting. But he kept searching as more than his own life was on the line.

ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:32 pm

I'm not scared none, were still movin in the "Indestructo Block" Morse said refference to the APC I don'tthink they go as many a these as we do. There just a bunch colony bums, they'll get tired of shootin in a while and go back to their mines or some such. Morse said leaning back in the driver seat.

<tag raider
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:16 pm

"Well, I hope they hurry up and get theirselves in here. We're not totally invulnerable, you know but we're fairly safe. I guess I'd just rather be on the move is all." replied Erik to Morse "We're gonna be packed like sardines in a can soon too."

Light flickered and waivered into the darkness of the interior of the APC through the open hatchway from the various fires. Throwing patterns of swirling light of different intensities around the cabin of the vehicle. Lighting the smoke particles as they sweeped and danced in the air currents.
Erik kept an eye on his weapons tracking screen.

"Cpl Pitt, Any way to hurry the other squads up, we're a sitting duck here." Erik yelled to his Squad Leader and thought "Although an armored and armed duck."
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”