M1T18B (4th Squad APC)

The 7th Campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M1T18B (4th Squad APC)

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:51 pm

2179 AD 25th August
Location: CSC Sector, Crysalis, Main Colony, Just outside the wall near the Mayours house

23.35 hours local time

The APC quickly crossed the gap towards the colony, the large wall towering so high only the top of the Mayors house was all that could be seen. Pvt Stormhurst saw through his imagers how small glowing dots rushed past the Mayors house every now and then - The house was taking increasing ammount of incoming rounds as he watched it. The ride was bumpy and Pvt Stormhurst momentarily lost visual of the house every now and then as the APC drove over particularly large rocks that Pvt Morse managed to hit as he drove towards the colony.

The APC stopped 50 meters from the wall, far enough to allow the turret traverse to be able to cover the top of the wall - Urban environments was, without a doubt, the most dangerous zone any armed fighting vehicle could find itself it - Especially without infantry support.

>
Site admin

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: M1T18B (4th Squad APC)

Post by Raider65 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:21 pm

"Nice driving, Speedy" Erik said kiddingly to Morse "But at least you got us here".

He searched through his sensor readings, sending out eletronic feelers to find any threats.

"Cpl, what are we going to do about the wall? Should I blast us a door or do you want a more stealthy approach? or should we radio the other squads and have them meet us back here if they can disengage and backtrack through their entry point?"
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:00 am

I coulda swarn those rocks were farther away Morse said to to Erik But maybe that was just my miracle medicine messin with my eyes Morse continued holding up his cantine of homebrew whiskey in his right hand.

Morse remained at the controls of the APC, ready to move it where ever.

I don't think us sneakin around on their flank is gonna help us... sure i figure i could hop over the wall and get behind em easy enough, but i don't think all of us could do it without bein seen. I figure we just punch through the wall and do a quick drive through while layin down heavy fire from the turret. Morse yelled back to the others
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am

"Pitt we're trying to make our way to you, provide covering fire if you can, you should be able to pick up co-ordinates from Windrider or our motion trackers if you want to use the mortars. Oh and we need a way through that wall so blow a hole in it or something".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:02 am

"Working on those orders Cpl Pitt, Lock with the main turret on the wall, readings indicate that no one is beyond it so collaterial damage should be minimial."

"Also working using info from both trackers and Windrider's scope to trianglate a high arc firing solution for the mortars." Using a 15 round salvo with forward edge centered on the vehicles with double concentration of rounds on them and extending back with killing radius' touching and wounding radius' overlapping, to blanket area of trailing infantry. (6 rounds on vehicles, 9 rounds in a 3 x 3 pattern behind vehicles)

Awaiting your order to open fire, Cpl Pitt.

"Morse, hold 'er steady. I'm firing the mortar first as soon as Cpl Pitt gives the word and the breaching rounds second into the wall once all the mortar shells are away"
Last edited by Raider65 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Dirk slammed his fist down. "Fire. All enemy targets." HE shouted.

Then running to the morters he set them to fire on all targets away from the path the Marines would be takeing.

"Your rides here. We are opening fire on all targets" HE shouted over the comm

(Roll heavy weapons)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:28 am

Pvt Sturmhold double checked the firing solution and keyed the firing sequence. Waiting for the mortar to finish firing it's salvo before triggering the main turret to blow a hole for the other squads to escape through the wall. Erik aimed the front turret at the hole as a guard precaution just in case any enemy troops tried to come through but left it in manual fire mode so he would have to tell it to fire.

"Rounds away and inflight down range, Cpl" Erik replied to Dirk Pitt.
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”