The 7th Campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M1T18A (1,2,3 Squads)

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:44 pm

2179 AD 25th August

23.35 hours local time

"Anderson this is Simovic we are holed up in the target building with about 30 men and 2 APC's en-route, requesting orders over?"

Anderson replied: "Shit! Sergeant...uhm....wait, over" a few seconds passed and suddenly 3rd Squad opened up on the third floor above him, he could also hear impacts from incoming small caliber fire. "Sergeant, sorry for the delay I am getting fed information all the time. New orders: Get the hell out of there. The containers are Your number one priority - They cannot under any circumstances fall into rebel hands - And I mean under no circumstances - If You cannot defend them, destroy them. And Sergeant...do not open them - I repeat - Do NOT open them. If they are damaged, destroy them immidiately. Rendezvous point is the old mines where You will be picked up in 20 minutes...good luck sergeant, see You soon. Over and out"

The 30 men seemed relatively unphased by the incoming small arms fire from the Marines and closed in determinedly although they used their cars as moving cover - It was quickly evident that these were professional mercenaries, perhaps even former colonial marines, rather than the rag tag rebels that had attacked them in the base earlier.

Windrider saw through his scope that the soldiers wore combat armours similar to the Marines themselves - They did not, however, wear any insignias and were all dressed in black. He could not get a clear shot at them. The trucks were high enought to allow them to almost to point blank range without presenting themselves.

3rd Squad of the Marines fired at the trucks, waiting for them to get into grenade launcher range - Their rounds exploded in white flashes on the amoured trucks front without doing any damage. A few of the mercenaries fired back by holding their pulse rifles up and squeezing off random rounds in the Marines general direction.

Pvt Patch prisoner, Amanda, laid on the floor started to look more and more anxious as the Marines got ready to leave. "Sergeant. Please don't kill me...I won't say where You're going...I...I promise " she said weakly, her face pale as she turned half way around on the floor looking at the Marines around her.

>
Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Re: M1T18A (1,2,3 Squads)

Post by Apachetear » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Jacob looked at the effect their fire was having.

"3rd, fire your shots very carefully, I want careful aiming and selective shots. When they are in grenade launcher range then start launching, aim for the cabins of the trucks" he yelled into the intercom.

"Dugan. I reckon we send a squad to check the containers for damage - if they are damaged rig them to blow - and lets heave the other ones up. Get your other squad to find a way out. 3rd will hold until 4th comes in, then we'll mount up and dissapear! Plan on?"

Sighting down his pulse rifle he carefully tried to pick off the figures in black

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by exowolf » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:51 pm

After realizing this is not a rebel crew he checks in...
We have armored soldiers that seem to be military trained.  Wearing all black with no insignias.  The troops are sticking under cover. Continuing to look for a shot.

He is tired of this waiting game, waiting for the shot that just wakes them up.  Looking around the edges of the lead truck looking for that head to peek out and say, "Hi shoot me please!".  He continues to breath carefully and keeping an eye to see who dares to step out from behind the truck first.

Like the hawk poised for the kill from above...Windrider waits...
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Simovic had been in cover lookng through one of the ground windows when the APC's and corporate troopers atacked the building, he was a little surprised at how well drilled they were and quickly realised they were'nt your average rebel, and probably had some form of military training.

Nick wrote:

Anderson replied: "Shit! Sergeant...uhm....wait, over" a few seconds passed and suddenly 3rd Squad opened up on the third floor above him, he could also hear impacts from incoming small caliber fire. "Sergeant, sorry for the delay I am getting fed information all the time. New orders: Get the hell out of there. The containers are Your number one priority - They cannot under any circumstances fall into rebel hands - And I mean under no circumstances - If You cannot defend them, destroy them. And Sergeant...do not open them - I repeat - Do NOT open them. If they are damaged, destroy them immidiately. Rendezvous point is the old mines where You will be picked up in 20 minutes...good luck sergeant, see You soon. Over and out"

Simovic clicked his comms to control. "Roger that Anderson".

Apachetear wrote:
"Dugan. I reckon we send a squad to check the containers for damage - if they are damaged rig them to blow - and lets heave the other ones up. Get your other squad to find a way out. 3rd will hold until 4th comes in, then we'll mount up and dissapear! Plan on?"

Sighting down his pulse rifle he carefully tried to pick off the figures in black

Simovic shouted into the comms over the incoming gun fire
"Ok Honeysett, 1st Squad already have the containers. I'll try and get some men to check for a back door out of this place, just keep your men pouring out cover fire and we're try and do a tactical retreat to the APC"

Simovic then clicked his comms "Corporal send two of your men to see if they can locate a back entrance out of here, failing that cut us one out".

He then clicked his comms to 4th Squad "Pitt we're trying to make our way to you, provide covering fire if you can, you should be able to pick up co-ordinates from Windrider or our motion trackers if you want to use the mortars. Oh and we need a way through that wall so blow a hole in it or something".

Simovic looked over at the Lieutenant, he was being a little quiet recently, "Jones are you ok with those orders?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:37 am

Shit was starting to hit the fan. The Marines received their new orders, being told to carry out the cases to the extraction point. How they would manage that, Ishizawa didn't know. Hopefully the APC would show up on time. But on top of that they had a 30 guys and 2 APC's advancing on the Marines' position. As he waited them to draw nearer, the rest of his squadmates fired. Ishizawa, nervous and unknowing what exactly to do, followed suit. But when none of their shots hit home, he took it more seriously.

Getting back behind cover, he peeked out the window and identified several targets hiding behind burnt out vehicles. By the looks of it, they were mercenaries. Mercenaries, the word brought a feeling of disgust to Ishizawa. There was no way in hell he was gonna get killed by a lowlife bastard.

Ishizawa quickly aimed his pulse rifle out the window, bringing into his rifle sight the nearest mercenaries. Having switched his pulse rifle to semi auto, he squeezed the trigger numerous times, firing accurate shots at the enemy.

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Dirk Pitt wrote: Dirk slammed his fist down. "Fire. All enemy targets." HE shouted.

Then running to the morters he set them to fire on all targets away from the path the Marines would be takeing.

"Your rides here. We are opening fire on all targets" HE shouted over the comm

(Roll heavy weapons)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:46 am

patch kept his prisioner covered from a short distance away, not so close that she could try anything or so far away as he could miss if he needed to take action. worst case, if the other marines needed help he could knock here cold then help out in the fire fight.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:30 am

Things had gotten worse and while Octavius felt out of his depth in the leadership role for Third Squad, when people started firing at him he knew what to do. 

Sergeant Honeysett wanted them to fire aimed shots and thats what Private Mongo aimed to do.  Rounds were coming in at them from the advancing enemy so Mongo was in as much cover as he could find, letting his smartgun settle in its harness and then firing short bursts at the approaching troops.

A big grin split Octavius's face.  Hell he might die today but at least he was finally getting to do what he had trained so long for.

"HOORAH!" yelled the marine as gunfire drowned out his yell.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”