The 7th Campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M1T17A (1,2,3 Squads)

Post by Nick » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:53 pm

2179 AD 25th August

23.32 hours local time

The woman, who was called Amanda by the man Sergeant Simovic had shot dead moments before, stood frozen before them with her hands slightly raised but not over her head. She was slim, well trained and around 35 years of age. She wore black tight fitting clothes and a balaclava pulled down over her head around her neck. She carried an automatic pistol in a thigh holdster on her right side. She had a headset and the Marines could hear communication in it although Amanda didn't seem to react on it - Her gaze was firmly fixed on the corpse of the man named Robert. Pvt Patch yelling at her to drop her weapon and comms woke her up and she slowly picked up her weapon using two fingers, the Marines watching her every move with intent to kill at slightest threat. Her hands trembling slightly she absently pulled the headset from her head and drop it on the floor. Pvt Patch then ordered her to move away from the gear, turn with her back against them and get down on her knees. She automatically crossed her legs and held her arms out from her sides doing so - Either she had been arrested many times or she had some kind of training. Pvt Patch moved up to her and brusquely pushed her down on her stomach, he quickly applied a plastic strap restrainer with a zipping sound around her wrists. "Secure, Sarge" he said.

The Marines quickly secured the rest of the small room. They quickly patted Amanda down but found absolutely nothing, no papers or ID cards - Just a blank transparent card with a small electronic chip inside the plastic material.

Meanwhile PFC Quinn worked on Robert, but he quickly realized that there was nothing he could do for the stricken man. The ash faced Robert was already as close to dead as You can be when PFC Quinn reached him. Roberts both femurs where completely sheared off and the bright red blood that had gushed out fiercly had now slown to a trickle. He died in Quinns arms as he pulled out his first syringe.

The room they were in was a small square room with a large metal door on one side. The hinges of the door were smashed and Amanda had just cut of the last remnants of the lock with a portable welder when the Marines had made entry. The large door was half open now and inside the brightly lit room on the other side they could see three sealed stainles steel containers neatly stacked next to each other.

Amanda, now laying face down on the floor, turned her face towards Pvt Patch: "Thanks for not killing me Marine..." she said with a somewhat laboured voice as she probably was not too comfortable on the floor.

"...You better get out of here, a lot of men is coming this way. They will not spare You or Your Marine friends." she continued. She looked at Patch, seeing the doubt in his face she added: "Look...they started this rebellion just to get a cover to get the containers in there...do You really think they will stop because of a squad of Marines?" She looked pleadingly at the still doubtful Pvt Patch. "My father was a Marine and I don't want to see You or Your friends getting killed...they will stop at nothing to get those containers...nothing." she said with a certainty.

Sergeant Simovic overheard the discussion and just as the information from Amanda started to become really interesting he heard Pvt Windriders voice over the com: "Sarge, I got multiple contacts moving this way...thirty plus and two armoured trucks with machineguns. Two minutes, tops..."

>
Site admin

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: M1T17A (1,2,3 Squads)

Post by exowolf » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Nick wrote:
Sergeant Simovic overheard the discussion and just as the information from Amanda started to become really interesting he heard Pvt Windriders voice over the com: "Sarge, I got multiple contacts moving this way...thirty plus and two armoured trucks with machineguns. Two minutes, tops..."

...permission to fire at will."  He carefully takes aim at the lead truck's driver keeping it trained on him waiting for the order to fire..."breathe slowly" is all he kept thinking...

__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:56 am

"erm sarge you better hear this; sounds like we are being played, and gonna have a shit load of company real soon" patch hoped his voice had not betrayed his emotions, confusion, fear, and yet strangely excited, he could not decide whether it was the action or the attractive  woman he had tied up at his feet with his gun still covering her.

"thank you for your cooperation miss" patch said quietly, "lets hope we all get out of here alive"
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:07 am

"Sergeant, I need orders!" Kurosaki said, his voice wavering. He was scared shitless. So far, this would be the largest encounter of them all.

"Collins, leave the mine! we could use it to defend where we are. Quinn, drag Rob's body away from here. Hoffman, fall back"

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:51 am

Simovic had hoped Roberts would pull through from his injuries but he'd lost to much blood. The poor sucker was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. As Simovic tried to assess what they needed to do next the revelations from the prisoner started to unfold, he was taken a back when he heard the rebellion had all been a smoke screen to get hold of these containers! Simovic stepped forward and switched off the comms that had been around Amanda's neck and then stuffed it into a BDU pocket. Just then the comm message from Windrider came through "Roger that Windrider hold off on the shot for a bit while I clarify orders" followed by Patch's and Kurosaki's requests.

"First Squad listen up: Patch you get the prisoner and the rest grab one of those containers each"

Simovic then clicked his comms "Jones what do you want us to do, we could try and bail but I don't think we'd be picked up in time, or we can fall-back to the building we were in previously or we could even threaten to blow up the containers unless they call off their assault?"

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Dugan wrote:"First Squad listen up: Patch you get the prisoner and the rest grab one of those containers each"

"Understood sir, but are you sure that's such a good idea?" Conrad asked the sergeant as he handed out a container to Tomala "I mean, we don't know what's in these, as me and Tomala won't be able to fight too well lugging these badboys around. Perhaps we should ask our captive, since she seems to be so concerned with our well-being."

Seeing Tomala struggle with the slick and cold container, Conrad put his own down; "Grab and lift at the top, then sneak your other hand in under it- they're not as heavy as you'd think. And for the love of god, don't lift with your back, Tomala."

"Patch- if she gives you any trouble, knock her the fuck out, got that?" Conrad said this only because he wanted their captive to think that Patch was a soulless monster, capable of roughing up a woman that had her hands tied behind her back. Hopefully she wouldn't catch up on the ruse.

LcCpl Conrad Heart

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Quinn looked up at Kurosaki.

"Aye Corporal. Those trucks won't know what hit them." Quinn tried to reinforce the confidence of his squad leader, as he badly needed it. This would be a very bad time to go crackers on the squad now. "I think we're going to need some heavier firepower though than the smartguns."

As Sixtus pulled the body into the room, the medic looked up at Sergeant Dugan. "Sorry Sarge, couldn't do anything. I think the upper levels of the mansion still need to be searched. Want me to do that?"

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:51 am

"copy that sarge" patch replied down the comms.and then after hearing Connrads suggestions on prisoner handling responded with "that's affirmative corporal , hit the bitch if she causes trouble" Patch was certain he would not hessitate to pistol whip Amanda with the stock end of his pulse rifle but just to make sure she couldn't try any thing he checked the hand ties and whispered" don't give the corporal the satisfaction, he expects you to try something and he loves to be right"
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 am

While Simovic waited for orders from Lt. Jones he motioned for Squads 1 & 2 to move up stairs, "We don't want to get into a firefight down here, as it'd be a nightmare, move up to the ground level".

Jocke wrote:
"Understood sir, but are you sure that's such a good idea?" Conrad asked the sergeant as he handed out a container to Tomala "I mean, we don't know what's in these, as me and Tomala won't be able to fight too well lugging these badboys around. Perhaps we should ask our captive, since she seems to be so concerned with our well-being."

"Well that depends on whats in them, see if you can get that info out of her?"

[Nick how big are the containers?]

Quinn wrote:
As Sixtus pulled the body into the room, the medic looked up at Sergeant Dugan. "Sorry Sarge, couldn't do anything. I think the upper levels of the mansion still need to be searched. Want me to do that?"

"It's ok, don't feel bad about it Quinn god knows how many innocent people he killed to get here. Windrider has cleared the upper levels and is on look out up there".

ImageImage

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 am

Dugan wrote:
Quinn wrote:

"It's ok, don't feel bad about it Quinn god knows how many innocent people he killed to get here. Windrider has cleared the upper levels and is on look out up there".

"Aye Sarge." Quinn had finished dragging the body out of the way and began to pat it down for weapons and identification. "There are only two armored trucks. We could have our APC fry them pretty easily. Or send me and Collins as runners to grab one of the SADARs and pop the other one at the same time?"

Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:35 pm

When third squad's turn came, Ishizawa followed in after the others, pulse rifle at the ready. When he burst into the room though, it was already secured, patch tied up the one known as "Amanda", while the others assessed the situation. He lowered his pulse rifle and looked around. A pile of crates rested near Amanda, but there was no sign of the mayor or his family. While he stood there with 3rd, he overheard the conversation that Patch and Dugan were having with Amanda.
Nick wrote:"...You better get out of here, a lot of men is coming this way. They will not spare You or Your Marine friends." she continued. She looked at Patch, seeing the doubt in his face she added: "Look...they started this rebellion just to get a cover to get the containers in there...do You really think they will stop because of a squad of Marines?" She looked pleadingly at the still doubtful Pvt Patch. "My father was a Marine and I don't want to see You or Your friends getting killed...they will stop at nothing to get those containers...nothing." she said with a certainty.

>
Ishizawa was in shock.

All this death, all this bloodshed, all the innocents killed. Just for the crates. Ishizawa was in absolute disgust. Hatred burned inside him, and he gripped his pulse rifle tighter, feeling an urge to unleash a volley of gunfire on Amanda.

But the time would come. It seemed the "others", Amanda's companions also responsible for this whole mess were coming. A chance to end this rebellion for good, and he would see to it that this group would pay dearly. After all, this sort of situation was what drove Ishizawa to join the corp. Seeing that Corporal Silvanus was once again nowhere to be seen, Ishizawa sighed. It was starting to annoy him, so he went to Simovic himself.

"Sergeant Simovic, should 3rd squad take up position upstairs as well or is there anything else you'd like us to do?"

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:09 am

Quinn wrote: "Aye Sarge." Quinn had finished dragging the body out of the way and began to pat it down for weapons and identification. "There are only two armored trucks. We could have our APC fry them pretty easily. Or send me and Collins as runners to grab one of the SADARs and pop the other one at the same time?"

"Negative Quinn, you run out in the open and you'd be torn to pieces by their heavy machine guns. Not to mention we don't have any SADARS".

[O.O.C Nick has mentioned that we only have the basic weaponry that the rules book covers. Combat Knives, Pulse Rifles, Smartguns, Pistols, Grenades (HE and Smoke), Scope Rifles, Sentry Guns and Flame Units.

Tyler Ishizawa wrote:
"Sergeant Simovic, should 3rd squad take up position upstairs as well or is there anything else you'd like us to do?"

"Yeah get to a window and be ready to defend this location. Mongo is your acting Squad Leader now and Honeysett your section leader so any questions speak to them"

Simovic was starting to sweat the APC's were rolling nearer and he still had no word on what to do "Jones I need some orders here, either we get ready to engage or we fall back to the other building and await pickup?"

Simovic clicked his comms to 4th Squads channel "This is Simovic we've encountered a numerically stronger force of about 30 men and two APC's and will require assistance or a pickup. Start moving towards our location, someone will update you en-route".

He then moved up towards one of the windows on the ground floor and kept watch while awaiting further orders. "First Squad take a window each on this floor Patch stay back and keep and eye on the prisoner. 2nd Squad move up to the First Floor and do the same".

Last edited by Dugan on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:18 am

Suddenly Lt Andersons voice broke through the com-chatter: "Lt Jones or Sergeant Simovic...status report over"

>
Site admin

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:10 am

Jacob looked at the containers with interest...

"we could always crack one open...see what's within...get this Amanda to do it..." he mused

When he heard of the incoming attackers he span round...

"3rd go upstairs with Windrider, choose a firing point and stay there - spread out if you have to. Get somewhere you can lob a grenade, it'll be useful against so many people! Choose a spot where you won't draw attention to our resident sniper, and leave him to work in peace! Don't open fire until you hear first and second open up for about 5 minutes, disguise our strength eh?"

With that he bounded up the stairs, on his way to a firing position...
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:42 pm

Nick wrote: Suddenly Lt Andersons voice broke through the com-chatter: "Lt Jones or Sergeant Simovic...status report over"

>
Simovic answered the comms message his voice slightly tense "Anderson this is Simovic we are holed up in the target building with about 30 men and 2 APC's en-route, requesting orders over?"

Simovic lent forward looking through the window he tried to get visuals on the enemy and identify anything more about them.

[Roll perception]
ImageImage

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”