Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M1T15

Post by Nick » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:55 am

2179 AD 25th August
Location: CSC Sector, Crysalis, Main Colony, Near Mayors house

23.25 hours local time

"Sergeant Jones, come in over" Lt Andersons voice surprisingly broke through the ether. "Lt Jones, or any Bandits still operational...please come in over". Jones answered the call on the platoon open frequency. "Thank god...There You are" she said, obviously relieved. Forget the Mayors family. You are to make entry to the Mayors house, and get into the basement. There You will recieve new instructions. You have to move fast, time is of the essence here"

Quickly it was decided that first squad were to cross the street first, followed by second squad and covered by third. First squad set up near the entrance, getting ready for the 10 meter dash. One last glance back, correct the helmet and then up and away. A quick rush, adrenaline surging, the warm breath from the burning container brushing Your face and then the hard textured concrete surface of the wall on the other side. The street was perhaps 50 meters towards the wall and about 250 meters in the other direction. There was litter and burned out car wrecks everywhere. Large gaping windows everywhere, it seemed there was not a whole window as far as the eyes could reach. Some ten meters away a white curtain hanging out from a shattered window slowly danced back and forth in the cold wind.

First squad kicked the front door in and filed in quickly. It was dark inside, all electricity in town was evidently knocked out. A thick red carpet and a row of cloth hangers greeted them. The mayors house had obviously been plundered of all valuables, papers and books spread all over. Graphiti like "Death to tyranny!" and "Free the workers!" amongst other political messages and simple profanities covered the walls.

Second squad crossed streets as uneventful as the first squad and third squad soon followed after.

There were a staircase to the left of the Marines, one leading down and one leading up. Directly in front of the Marines a kitchen could be seen to the left and a living room to the front and left.

From the basement a banging metallic sound could be heard, like someone using a sledge hammer.

>
Last edited by Nick on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Re: M1T15

Post by pants » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Octavius was in position on the second floor by the time First and Second squad made their run to the Mayors house.  Once both squads were inside he decamped from his upstairs position and ran down the stairs to regroup with Third squad and the other stragglers.

When the squad was ready he waited for the signal from Second squad and then sent the stragglers across while Third squad provided cover.  Watching them safely arrive Private Mongo slapped Private Ishizawa and Private Roberts on the back sending them towards the distant doorway.

Last edited by pants on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Jones didn't like the sudden changes without more information.

After running across the street, he contacted Pitt over the comms. "Have you heard anything about what's going on?"

Even though he wasn't happy, he had orders.

"First squad, follow me into the basement. Second and Third go in after us. Don't overlook anything and be ready. I have a bad feeling about this."
William Jones

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:28 am

patch had heard the comms , "oh well" he thought "battle plans never survive first contact anyway"

now the rapid change of orders and plans didn't sit quite right with him, had that been an open general frequency or the secure channel?
the nco's looked slightly fazed by the changes but orders were orders.

he set off with the rest of squad 1, dashed across the street and in through the now broken door, he quickly checked the motion scanner then took up a position covering the kitchen, confident that the other members of squad 1 would also set up to cover all the entrances.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:55 am

Erik picked up his M41A and looked it over with a critical eye. Slapping the mag to make sure it had seated properly. He looked over at his "Boss" and said "Hey Dirk you want I should go walk perimeter to make sure nobody's sneakin' in on us?" He didn't want to break his NCO's attention on his checking the comp's readouts but he didn't want to be killed either, at least not without putting up a fight. As he waited for a reply on what to do. He double checked his gear for light and noise disipline like he was taught in boot. And made sure he was maxed on carried ammo for his weapons. Also making sure his rifle was set on burst and safed at the moment. He listened to the radio chatter and tried to picture in his mind the lowdown on the other squads' positions and what they were encountering.

Last edited by Raider65 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  LCpl Erik Stormhurst
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Morse heard Erik make his request to check the perimeter. Morse himself was now chewing on a piece of gum, with his M41A over his shoulder. Morse wasn't the sort of person to check his gear alot, he just always asumed it was working, and considering he had put in a new mag. earlier, he should be fine.

If your gonna send him to do a perimeter check sir, i should probably go with em, just to make sure he aint gonna hurt himself none. Morse said calm and plainly

< Tag Dirk Pitt

He then re positioned his helmet as it was pushing a little too far over his eyes, and as he pulled it back a bandana of the texas flag became visible. He waited for the responce.
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 pm

Simovic groaned as the new orders came through, he was really starting to get tired of Leuitenent Anderson, she couldn't even get Jone's rank correct let alone tell them what was going on. Still she was his superior and he knew they'd have to obey her orders.

The Marines made their way to the Mayors house Simovic had joined up with 2nd squad, while Jones led 1st and Honeysett was with 3rd. When they reached the building Leuitenent Jones quickly led his squad towards the basement. Simovic decided to have 2nd Squad squad secure the ground floor before moving down. He motioned for Kurosaki, Hoffman and Collins to search the Kitchin and for Quinn to follow him into the living room.

Last edited by Dugan on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:59 pm

Kurosaki nodded and moved out, hugging the wall. He hadnt quite reached the living room, but he would make it soon...

Roll infiltration
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:34 am

Dirk lookied back at his guys over his shoulder. "Hang tight. From the looks of things they will be needing a ride and soon. One of you get on the main gun and het ready. When we go in it wont be quiet." Dirk said
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:10 am

Aye, Aye Dirk. I'll get on it. Slinging his rifle as he moves to the weapons station of the APC. Starts warming the weapons up and getting everything prepped and in working order.

Spins the turret around to get a view of the lay of the land that is around them. At least what he can see through the view/sighting screen for the turret. Switching through the different spectrums (IR, thermal, magnified) as he does to make sure they are functioning properly.

Last edited by Raider65 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:41 am

Morse watched Eric get on the turret. New Guys were always alotta fun, he thought, since they were always so eager to do stuff. He himself kept his M41A slung over his shoulder and chewed his gum, and took a seat.

Not a problem Dirk, Hangin tight. Should probably  Morse said leaning back.
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 am

Erik glanced at Morse as he sat down on the APC's seat. He caught sight of the Texas flag peeking from under his helmet. "Hey Morse my drill instructor said only steers and queers came from Texas, did you cut your horns off?" He looked at Morse to see if he had heard him and followed up with "Just kidding with ya, buddy. I think we can be friends if you want." "Hey what's your highest turret gun score, I bet I can beat it if the sh!t hits the fan, what'd you say, hey!" As he familurized himself with all the weapon controls.
ImageImage

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:46 am

Morse started laughing when he heard Eriks joke about steers and queers. He heard it alot, alot a the guys that came from the colonies loved to make cracks about that too. A come back came to his mind, but he chose to hold back.

There aint a doubt in my mind that your a better shot on that damn thing then i am, I'm kinda a medic. Besides i'm more of a rifle kinda guy anyway. And considerin your a newer guy here i figure you need friends don't ya. Where ya from anyway, Earth or Colonies? Morse said pointin to the M41A on his shoulder.

< Tag Erik 
- DEVIL DAWG
Image Image Image Image

Raider65
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Raider65 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:08 am

"Well then you stick by me, I might need your services cuz I plan on living forever" He says to Morse. Under his breathe he mutters "How ever long that is" Louder he saids "I shot expert in boot with the M41A but I'm new to this turret thing". "As to where I'm from, I aint sure as I was moved around alot as a kid and I'm still being move around by the Corps. Your home is where you lay your helmet is what I say". Spins turret in a slow circle to check on what was happening outside the APC.

ImageImage

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Jacob listened to the new orders with a certain amount of annoyance.

"Can't the brass make their minds up?"

As he crouched in cover he tried to work out what to do now.

"Dugan, what do you reckon on the plan of action? I'm tempted to say call Dirk in now, plow into the fighting outside as a distraction while we deal with the Mayor's house..."

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”