M1T10

The 7th Campaign
exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: M1T10

Post by exowolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:46 pm

After the jog to the APC and getting all strapped in Windrider had a look of disappointment.  The overall feeling of reaching out with the rifle was amazing to him.  The thought of having that effect on another life was profound.  His mind kept wandering over the fact of combat and what just happened.  A complete stranger he locked with.  It felt so impersonal...thinking back to the history books and the concept of hand to hand combat and looking your enemy in the eyes.  He now understood why he enjoys the close quarter combat exercises.  It was something that he looked forward to in the future.  A chance to infiltrate...
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:15 am

pants wrote:"Ishizawa you spotted the other member of our squad yet?  Maybe he got hit in all the firing!  Hey who's our comm guy?  I'm on the smartgun so it cannot be me."
Upon hearing Mongo, Ishizawa looked around. He hadn't seen Hicks, the other member of 3rd squad, since disembarking from the dropships when they first arrived on crysalis. Tyler began to worry, he didn't want to lose a comrade. Just as he began to move about, a flash back set in.

It was after the riot. Tyler walked down the street with his unit. It was empty, eerily silent, the place was dead. The burned out cars, shattered bottles, and improvised melee weapons being the only hint as to the fact that a massive riot had just taken place. His platoon had luckily taken no casualties. He followed the Sergeant, turning the corner on the street. There were 4 Marines, standing around a line of body bags. One of them was clutching tags, his eyes welling up. Tyler tried not to stare, but he couldn't take his eyes off the bags. Those were the men who had been outnumbered, mobbed, and ultimately, lost their lives. Fear struck Tyler. Would he have to deal with this? He didn't want to see his comrades die, but being a Marine, he feared, it would be inevitable.

Tyler snapped out of it, and began calling out.

"Yo Hicks! Where are you man? Shit, I hope he's alright. Hey Mongo, for the time being, go mount up in one the APC's with the Corporal, I'll hang back and see if I can find Hicks".

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:56 am

Jacob looked at Mongo, "we might be...I'd just enjoy the moment of not using your legs and wait and see. who knows what the brass have in store..." Jacob grinned and then coughed plentifully. "Come on trooper, saddle up!"

"Ok, Squad 3 - mount up in an APC. Squad 4 too, I'll be riding with both you squads!"

Jacob slapped the side of one of the APCs.

"I'm afraid it's no smoking in these things, unless your a ranking NCO or fall under a ranking NCO's command" Jacob winked and clambered inside, taking a swig from his canteen as he sat down. Breathing deep he leaned his head back and closed his eyes...
Last edited by Apachetear on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:48 am

Hearing Ishizawas reply Octavius nodded in reply and then realised that his squadmate couldn't see him.

"Roger that Ishizawa.  Keep an eye out for Corporal Silvanus as well and don't be to long otherwise you'll get left behind!"

When Sergeant Honeysett gave Private Mongo the order to mount up the thin Private snapped off a salute and double timed it to the APC.  Following the Sergeant into the interior of the huge metallic vehicle Octavius touched the USCM symbol for good luck before stowing his weapon securely and then strapping himself into one of the combat seats.

As he applied the safety belts he studied his Sergeant out of the corner of his eyes. 

"So um sir.  You ever see action before?" asked Private Mongo.  "Oh and Ishizawa is waiting for our other squad member to show up before he jumps in.  Corporal Silvanus should be around here somewhere."

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Apachetear
Second Lieutenant

Post by Apachetear » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:44 pm

pants wrote: "So um sir.  You ever see action before?" asked Private Mongo.  "Oh and Ishizawa is waiting for our other squad member to show up before he jumps in.  Corporal Silvanus should be around here somewhere."
"Yeah, they'll get in when they're good to go. I've told 'em what to do and they'd be pretty dense if they decided against it." Jacob chuckled softly.

"And your other question. I've seen plenty of action - this is my third outfit. The first got slaughtered due to the CO being...well a double agent and taking backhanders from the enemy and sending us into a deathtrap. Not many survivors from that'n. Second outfit - well - we had a lot of fun, but we were disbanded and split up, seen a enough firefights to all reasonably be non-coms. Got split up and sent to different units to spread our expertise. Shit, expertise doesn't need spreading - just gotta get people to keep their heads in combat, that's the trick. You seen much? Or you fresh outa boot? And how about the rest of squads 3 and 4, let me know what I'm working with here. Vets or dicks with more of an itch for action than is healthy. Way I see it, every second out of combat is a second longer alive! I bless every one of 'em!"

absentmindedly tracing some of the smily faces daubed on his armour in god only knows what, Jacob lit up another smoke and leaned his head against the APC wall. It was these quiet moments that a soldier learns to love.

Pvt. Jacob "smiles" Honeysett

Pulse Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
8" Dagger
12" Shortsword

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:34 pm

Eric Roberts climbed into the APC with the other marines.  He looked over to the marine who had said he was dead.  "Not dead yet pal.  Just a little out of it.  Eric Roberts." he said extending his hand for a handshake. 

-Tag Pants-
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:33 am

Apachetear wrote: "Ok, Squad 3 - mount up in an APC. Squad 4 too, I'll be riding with both you squads!"

Jacob slapped the side of one of the APCs.

"I'm afraid it's no smoking in these things, unless your a ranking NCO or fall under a ranking NCO's command" Jacob winked and clambered inside, taking a swig from his canteen as he sat down. Breathing deep he leaned his head back and closed his eyes...
Dirk took a deep drag off his cigaret and exhaled a plum of smoke as he walked towards the APC.

"Roger that sir." He said.

Then turning to the only member of his squad that was still there."Good to hear your voice Monks. I thought you bought it. Come on. Lets saddle up and get the hell out of here. Dirk said.

Then flicking his cigaret away he got into the APC and took the moment to get his M-41A back.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 am

"I am not fresh out of boot camp Sergeant but I have not seen much action at all.  This was my first ever hostile fire situation and it was...not what I expected.  I am glad that we have a good mix of experience in our section though."  Octavius replied to Sergeant Honeysett.

\When Eric Roberts held out his hand Octavius took it firmly and shook it for all he was worth.

"I am glad to see that I was wrong about you being dead!  Your Private Roberts right?  Did you spot Private Ishizawa out there?  He was trying to spot you but now that you are here I guess he will just have to join us." 

Letting go of his fellow marines hand he gestured to Sergeant Honeysett.

"This is Sergeant Honeysett, he's the Sarge for our section.  Over there," and here Mongo waved at where Fourth squad were entering the APC, "is Fourth squad.  I'm not sure entirely who's in their sqaud but I'm sure we can make introductions on our way to the Crossroad.  Corporal Silvanus is our squad leader and he should be here soon as well."

Private Mongo spoke quickly into his commset.

"Ishizawa the new guy Roberts is in the APC so you'd better head back here so we can head out.  Corporal Silvanus you had better get back here as well."

"Any of you guys know how to drive this thing?" asked Mongo to all of the marines inside the APC.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:22 pm

pants wrote:"Ishizawa the new guy Roberts is in the APC so you'd better head back here so we can head out.  Corporal Silvanus you had better get back here as well."
"I hear ya man, I'll be there in a second", replied Ishizawa over the comm. He turned back towards the corporal.

"Corporal Silvanus, hicks and pants are in the APC, we should get going", he said to Silvanus, as they walked to the APC that the rest of 3rd squad was in. Reaching the door, Tyler climbed in, and secured his pulse rifle inside the APC, before taking a seat and strapping in. He then looked at his squad mates.

"Woo, 3rd Squad reunion we got here. Where'd you go.... hicks right?"

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”