The 7th Campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M1T7

Post by Nick » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:06 am

2179 AD 25th August

21.30 hours local time

The rebels seemed to have regained some of their initial composure and they started shooting back at the Marines again. The still operational Dozer, however, started to back into cover over the ridge it's turbine screaming as it throttled upp. The dozer driver seemed to have realized that the light disruptor on the APC would cause him considerable trouble. The custom built autocannon on its top fired a volley as the dozer backed up three rounds smacked down just in front of the APC and the fourth hit the frontal armour with a loud clank. The armor piercing shell buried itself deeply into the composite armour of the APC in a shower of sparks but failed to penetrate with the smallest possible margin. Some shrapnel from the spalling armor bounced around inside the APC harmlessly.

Within seconds of the hit the red charging light indicator changed to a green ready to fire light. Dugan re-aligned the cross hair slightly higher this time and depressed the button. The disruptor cannon fired with a resonant thunderclap once more, the terrain lit up and the white flash from the tracer the round spiked through the dark night like a thread of fiercly glowing gold. The line connected with the dozer and went right through like a hot knife through butter. An impact flash could be seen and the right hand side thread was severed right off in a shower of sparks. The autocannon was still in action however.

Erika squeezed off a few rounds in the direction of the rebels hunkering behind the now fiercly ablaze dozer that Ishizawa knocked out. The light from the fire almost blinded out the Rebels in her IR view. Her first round struck a Rebel in the right arm as he poked out behind the Dozer, he spun around and fell into a heap, immobile.

Ishizawa fired automatic supressing fire in the direction of the Rebels but his rounds went all over, the Rebels ducked back into cover momentarily though and their fire was reduced somewhat. Patch grabbed and threw a smoke grenade at the advancing Rebels, the grenade started to sputter and hiss and slowly a cloud of smoke start to rise.

Silas fired three well aimed rounds, the last of his rounds struck a Rebel leaning out firing his rifle square in the shoulder. In his IR sight Silas saw pieces come of the Rebel as he toppled over and lay still on the ground before a nearby Rebel grabbed him and started to pull him into cover by the legs.

The rebels fired sporadically back at the Marines and rounds struck down all over the place, but the Marines where well in cover and the rounds harmlessly dug into the ground. Some of the Rebels started to pull back it seemed, especially now that they had lost both dozers and were starting to suffer casualties as well.

>

OOC: Erika also wanted to throw grenades but the range is to far for throwing so I ignored that request and made her fire an extra time instead the Rebels are still some 300-400 meters out and mainly grouped around the two dozers who are roughly 50 meters apart. One dozer is burning and the other is immobilized but still active. Two Rebels have gone down and are laying still near the burning dozer. You can see roughly 50 Rebels still around the dozers - Most of them firing at You with automatic fire from the hip, hence their extremely poor accuracy. The battle is starting to weigh in Your favour.
Last edited by Nick on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

S. Collins
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: M1T7

Post by S. Collins » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:36 pm

Hiding well behind his solid cover Sean carefully lured over the debris to gain a new overview of the situation. Just in that moment the retreating dozer on the far left burst out in flames, dazing the wreck in bright white light over the IR and illuminating the environment keenly. "Damn!" Sean mumbled with a satisfied grin to himself. It looked like the marines kept the upper hand. But in the dull fiery glow he could see several silouettes prowl around. The flashing of gunfire ahead proved that the enemy still wasn't retreating. Since there was barely any enemy fire coming towards Collins' position he decided to take action once more. He bobed up and stemmed the M56 foward. Self-steering the weapon locked on any recognized target ahead, overlaying them with a red check. Collins squeezed the trigger-handle and unleashed a screaming burst of his smartgun. The muffled blast shook the air and blared the dust off the debris around Collins. He fired at any enemy infantry that he measured to be a offered target. After a good two seconds burst he released the trigger and ducked back into cover, lowering his head, overhearing the whipping screeches of returning fire flashing by above his head.

(roll for attack on enemy infantry)
(roll for cover)

> Collins' current position <
Last edited by S. Collins on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt Sean Collins
'Byron's Bandits - Section 1 - 2nd Squad'
M41A Pulse Rifle, M3 Personnel Armor, M10 Ballistic Helmet, Bypass Kit, Orbital Communicator, M3 Utility Holdall, Portable Welder, Motion Tracker, M1000 Dual Signal Flare (5), N150 Smoke Grenade (2)

exowolf
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by exowolf » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:25 am

Finally getting back to his point position with Heart he belly crawls up to the peak of the hill.  As he surveys around he sees the blasts and the weapons exchanging fire and is grinning that sheepish grin.

Turning his head to Heart...

"So want me to move in closer and get a better shot on the Rebel scum?  Go for the dozer drivers or something?  I am a sneaky lil boy when I want to be.

>
__________________________________-
PFC Marion Windrider

"They are building a prison so we can escape..."

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:54 am

The battle was not at all what Octavius had expected.  He thought that it would be more like what happened in the movies with the bad guys running into his sights and he shooting them down like a hero.  Instead the enemy were stubbornly refusing to follow the game plan and he could see where their attacks were striking the area around him.

"Monks are you in cover yet?" yelled Mongo.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:47 am

Silas fired three well aimed rounds, the last of his rounds struck a Rebel leaning out firing his rifle square in the shoulder. In his IR sight Silas saw pieces come of the Rebel as he toppled over and lay still on the ground before a nearby Rebel grabbed him and started to pull him into cover by the legs.
Rolling out of cover again Silas sighted and fired 3 more shots at the rebel pulling in the one he had just shot trying to stop him from running
<roll for more shots ;P)
PFC Karl Sarafian
Combat Engineer
"Boom"

tpc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tpc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

"Yeah" ,he said to Mongo sliding in another magazine.
Pvf.Dave Monks
2nd Section,4th squad

"your crazy good"  poptart proverb

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 pm

The charge had been broken, but it wasn't over. Dirk thought as he slowly looked through the scope of his sniper rifle. People moving, running, ducking for whatever cover they could find.

The cross hairs fell on the first man. He was running and shooting as he went. Still fighting as he fell back. He took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. Aiming with greater care this time he squeezed the trigger sending a round at the running man.

(OOC Sorry about the lag. I had to fly to LA for a while and I dont have a laptop.)
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Nick wrote:
Within seconds of the hit the red charging light indicator changed to a green ready to fire light. Dugan re-aligned the cross hair slightly higher this time and depressed the button. The disruptor cannon fired with a resonant thunderclap once more, the terrain lit up and the white flash from the tracer the round spiked through the dark night like a thread of fiercly glowing gold. The line connected with the dozer and went right through like a hot knife through butter. An impact flash could be seen and the right hand side thread was severed right off in a shower of sparks. The autocannon was still in action however.

Simovic gave a slight grin of satisfaction when he saw that his shot had immobilized the bulldozer. However he could still see that its weapon was operational and the troops behind it although beginning to fallback could always rally. He decided to see if the APC had a mortar or lase cannon on-board and use this to deter the troops mounting a second attack.

[O.O.C Simoivc is going to see if he can find a mortar or lase cannon on board the APC. Then take a 4 phases aimed shot at the Bulldozer]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:19 pm

patch quick looked over the sand bags then ducked back into cover, the two dozers were burning, but one still seem to be operating its auto cannon. loading 2x M38 high explosive armor piecing grenades into the launcher and taking very careful aim fired at the partially functional dozer. once they were fired patch ducked back down into cover and waited to hear the explosions.

ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Tyler Ishizawa
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Post by Tyler Ishizawa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:44 am

Seeing that monks had made it to cover, Tyler ceased firing and got back behind cover. He looked down at the side of his pulse rifle, a red "45" was visible in the darkness.

Then, another loud noise went off, not quite an explosion. Unsure as to what it was, Tyler peeked out a window to see that the second bulldozer had been immobilized. The Marines seemed to have gained the upper hand, and several rebels could be seen pulling back.

Looking through his infra red sight, Tyler spotted several rebels hunkering down behind the destroyed and immobilized dozers. Every so often a rebel would pop out and fire at the Marines. Tyler set the selector on his pulse rifle to semi auto. He quickly moved to the windowsill, brought the rifle up to his shoulder and took aim at the exposed rebels.

Then, he pulled the trigger, again, and again, squeezing off several aimed shots at the exposed rebels.

ImageCorporal Tyler Ishizawa, 3rd Squad

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:14 pm

((Uh, Nick, what about the four grenades I popped off last turn? And the single, aimed shot the turn before that?))
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:34 am

"You know Monks you are crazy man!" yells Octavius towards where Monks has gone behind cover.  A crafty look crosses his face.  "I'm going to call you that from now on.  I dub you Crazy Man!  Do you bet Crazy Man?  I bet you fifty bucks that I kill more of these rebel scum than you do.  With the money I'm going to collect from you and Ishizawa I shall be able to buy that house that I've always wanted!"

Switching on his comm unit Private Mongo grins wildly as he fires short bursts at the oncoming enemy troops.

"You hear that Ishizawa?  I'm going to take Crazy Mans money and your money and buy myself a beautiful house.  I shall fill it with a bevy of beautiful women and then shall not invite either of you to join me as I have sexy parties.  What do you have to say to that?"

"Corporal Silvanus, are you interested in visiting my new house?  Privates Ishizawa and Monks have unwisely decided to bet me that I can not kill more enemy troops than they can.  With this money that are going to give me I shall buy a house.  I shall name it 'Casa de Bandito' in honour of my fellow marines, who helped me pay for it!" with a laugh Octavius sent a hail of bullets towards the rebels.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:01 pm

(Sorry for the abscence)

Kurosaki quickly got on the short range com system.

"All APC crews, fire anything you got at the remaining bulldozer"

Kurosaki then tried to get on the Prick 252.

"Stalker Nine, this is India Kilo. What is your current ETA Over and Out."

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:59 pm

exowolf wrote:"So want me to move in closer and get a better shot on the Rebel scum?  Go for the dozer drivers or something?  I am a sneaky lil boy when I want to be.

Conrad looked at the man next to him, shook his head intently, and then looked at him again.

"How about you not do that, and use that scope instead. Stay in cover. Try and get the guys behind the dozers- if you spot someone that looks like he's in charge, ventilate the fucker." Conrad raised his voice to a shout, so that the rest of first squad could hear him; "That goes for all of you- stay covered, but for fuck's sake- never pop your head up in the same spot twice in a row! Don't want our colleagues on the other side giving us heartache, do we!?" Conrad felt that under these stressful conditions, rehashing the basics would be a good idea.

Pearls for swine... Conrad thought as he again focused on scanning the enemy-infested terrain for targets.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

eyeball
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by eyeball » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm

"That goes for all of you- stay covered, but for fuck's sake- never pop your head up in the same spot twice in a row! Don't want our colleagues on the other side giving us heartache, do we!?"
patch heard the advise from his corporal and added it to his mental mantra "pop up, look, duck, move, up, aim, squeeze trigger, duck, rinse and repeat." patch wasn't convinced he had hit anything yet but he had fired grenades at tanks..while kind of tanks this was real combat and as yet he was still in one piece.
ImageLCpl. Robert Paulson
incinerator, 2 spare fuel bottles, motion detector, first aid kit, pistol, knife, 2 frag.
special weapons tech
Image Image

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”