The 7th Campaign
Nick
Administrator
Administrator

M1T2

Post by Nick » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:06 pm

2179 AD 25th August

20.30 hours local time

All tents had been raised and the electric heaters hummed softly inside of them, slowly heating them up. The matrix dual carbon nanite cloth of the tent had thermal dampening characteristics and would blend perfectly with the ground through a thermal imaging device.

Lt Jones lined them up and walked them towards the building for their briefing twenty minutes later.

When the Marines rounded the concrete building they were suprised. The whole building was destroyed and three walls was more or less all that remained. Behind it three m577 APCs stood together with a brown canvas flap stretched between them. A long flimsy looking antenna pointed towards the sky and one of the APCs had a parabolic disc rather than a rear turret. The flap rattled in the wind and a few technicians watched three luminously white screens, discussing something and pointing towards the screen.

Lt Anderson exited one of the APCs, she had a neutral expression as she approached the lined up Marines.

The Marines stood in attention as she approached.

"At ease"

She gave them a short pause.

"I am afraid I have some bad news. At 2000 hours a large force from the revolutionary guard started a major offensive and have more or less thrown the remnants of the 9th Marine Expeditionary Force out of the main colony. Things are looking worse for each minute and whats left is heading this direction for evacuation as fast as their APCs can carry them. We are evacuating the base. The patrol is cancelled. You will be tasked with perimeter defense until we have evacuated all personell."

A short pause followed.

"Good luck Marines"

She gave them a short salute and spun around on her heal, hurriedly heading for the three APCs again. A technician started to losen the edge of the canvas flap, and others were shutting down the computers.

The sun had begun to set and the sky was brilliantly pink, a few high and thin clouds rushed forth high above them. The sound of gunfire was still heard. But it seemed closer this time. Much closer.

*Actions*
Last edited by Nick on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site admin

tpc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: M1T2

Post by tpc » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:06 pm

"Oh thats just frickin great!" Monks said after waiting so long to see why they where there in the first place.
Pvf.Dave Monks
2nd Section,4th squad

"your crazy good"  poptart proverb

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:42 pm

Dirk listened to the briefing, almost not believeing what was being said. The main colony had fallen, The 9th were hauling ass here and the revolutionary guard were more than likely hot on their asses. "What a clusterfuck" he thought as he looked up at the now brilliantly pink sun set. The sounds of gunfire seemed closer now.

Dirk lit a cigaret and looked around at the other Marines.

"Fourth squad, draw weapons and ammo. I want you ready to fight. Understand? If those revolutionary guard fucks want a fight, we'll give em one." He shouted to his squad
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:45 pm

Simovic was a little surprised too at what was being said, but he'd been in similar situations, in the fog of war things never ran smoothly.

"Ok listen up Squads 1 and 2, I want you men to draw your weapons and meet back here in 5 minutes. I'll leave it to Squad Leaders to sort loadouts".

Simovic then made his way over to Lt Jones "We need to get squads in the towers to defend this base my squads can fortify two of them and then I'd suggest falling back to this building if we get over run and evacuate in the dropships once the others have retreated. We can also make use of the dropships for fire support, also it maybe worth seeing if we can get our APC's on the ground for extra assistance".

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

tpc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post by tpc » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:45 pm

"I love my pulse rifle, I named her juno but I don't even know these guys are", the private said with a  exited tone.
Pvf.Dave Monks
2nd Section,4th squad

"your crazy good"  poptart proverb

Bullet42
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bullet42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm

Tomala heard some Marine talking to him. Asked Tomala where he was from, He was not familiar with the Marine he took the time to introduce himself.
Tomala replied, " I'm from New York buddy I'm Private John Tomala and your name is?  where you from?"

In the thickest New York accent he could use.Tomala nodded his head. He was frustraited especially after setting up the tents he believed he wasted his time. But the postive thoughts began to flow in. He been waiting for combat for some time he could not wait to be in it. Even though it wasn't all fun its better than sitting on a base doing nothing. Tomala was preparing mentally to get ready to fight. He was extremely excited. He was ordered to meet up with Sergeant Simonvic after aquiring his weapons and equipment. Tomala yelled, " Wooohoo get ready boys." he awaited for the Corporal to began assigning loadouts so he could acquire his weapon.
Last edited by Bullet42 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. John Tomala
Byron's Bandits - 1st Squad
M41A Pulse Rifle

Jocke
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by Jocke » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:44 pm

Dugan wrote:"Ok listen up Squads 1 and 2, I want you men to draw your weapons and meet back here in 5 minutes. I'll leave it to Squad Leaders to sort loadouts".

"Understood." Conrad's response was shouted over the wind. He then jogged off to strap himself to his M-56. As his heavily tattooed hands where adjusting his headset, he started shouting at his subordinates in  the first squad:

"Come on you fucking dillweeds! Grab your rifles and ammo! Nevermind the flamers, they'll be useless here! Get a fucking move on, kids!"

Once he was set, and the function-check was done on his smartgun, he opened his mouth an unceremoniously yanked his dentures out, putting them in a small plastic case that he placed in his thigh pocket. His beady little eyes where glittering in the pink sunset. The sounds of gunfire closing in only served to excite the short, stocky man. After all, moments like these was what he lived for.
LcCpl Conrad Heart

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:47 pm

Kurosaki grabbed his pulse rifle and his ammo.

"Sir, if we have one of those sniper rifles, I believe that it would help alot..."
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Bullet42
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bullet42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Tomala also grabbed his Pulse rifle and ammo, grenades. This was no drill and Tomala stood ready. He got a move on as the Corporal ordered. Tomala said, " Like the air junkie's say Kick the tires and light the fires." The anticipation and andrenaline began pumping at a fast rate. Tomala was far from nervous he was ready for a long fight.
Last edited by Bullet42 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pvt. John Tomala
Byron's Bandits - 1st Squad
M41A Pulse Rifle

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 am

Quinn listened to the briefing, occasionally looking around to see where another corporal might be, with no luck to be had. When the briefing ended and Sergeant Dugan gave out his orders, Quinn nodded in all seriousness. Muttering under his breath, he motioned over Kurosaki and Collins.

"Okay, Collins, you're checked out on the smartgun, get it and your harness ready." Quinn said in a calm and low voice. "Kurosaki, what was your marksmanship score back in basic? And don't forget your secondary weapon."

Quinn himself was loading up his pulse rifle with four grenades already loaded in, four more grenades and four M108 canister shells that would prove useful in close combat. For his secondary weapon, Quinn pulled an M3A4. Holstering the pistol and slinging his rifle over his shoulders so it hung in front of him, he grabbed the medical kit and pulled it onto his back. Adjusting the pistol so it wouldn't interfere with his equipment, he listened to Kurosaki's and Collins' replies.
Last edited by Quinn on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear
M42A Scope Rifle
M4A4 .45 ACP caliber Sidearm, Suppressed
Combat Knife
K52 Medical Kit
Flashlight, Flares (6)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

pants
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Post by pants » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:19 am

The rest of the platoon had started to arm themselves after the very short briefing.  With a frown writ large upon his face Octavius looked to either side at his fellow squad mates before coming to attention again.

"Corporal Silvanus what weapons do you want us to arm ourselves with for the coming defensive engagment?" inquired Private Mongo with a slight quiver to his voice.

Zoe Barr
Chief Petty Officer

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:51 am

Jones grabbed a rifle a radio and holstered a VP70.
Simovic then made his way over to Lt Jones "We need to get squads in the towers to defend this base my squads can fortify two of them and then I'd suggest falling back to this building if we get over run and evacuate in the dropships once the others have retreated. We can also make use of the dropships for fire support, also it maybe worth seeing if we can get our APC's on the ground for extra assistance".
Simovic's suggestions were good.

"Simovic, get your squads into the towers, 2 men in each. Anything suspicious, tell me. Bennett, call in the dropships to get our APCs. Get them to be ready if we need fire support or evac. If anyone is handy with a sniper in your squads Simovic, let them take one to a tower."
William Jones

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 am

Simovic waited until his section had armed and formed up back at the ruined building. "Ok heres the deal, we have been assigned to defend hese two towers" he pointed to the NE and NW towers "I want 1st Squad in the NE, as this squad holds some of the best marksman I will leave it to Cpl Heart to decide who will use the sections M42 Sniper Rifle. I will lead 2nd Squad and we are going to hole up in the NW tower, if either tower is overun fall back to this building. We will have fire support from the two dropships so make use of this if you see any large troop build ups or armor" Simovic handed backpack PRC-252 radios to Kurosaki and Logan "These will be powerful enough to communicate with the dropships as our own short range radios lack the range. Ok are their any questions?". Simovic then grabbed his rifle and waited to see if there were any questions before leading 2nd Squad to the NW tower.

Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

AstroBoy
Chief Warrant Officer 2

Post by AstroBoy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:18 am

OOC: wait, is there only 2 towers? I wanted you to slit your squads up
William Jones

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 am

Quinn wrote: Quinn listened to the briefing, occasionally looking around to see where another corporal might be, with no luck to be had. When the briefing ended and Sergeant Dugan gave out his orders, Quinn nodded in all seriousness. Muttering under his breath, he motioned over Kurosaki and Collins.

"Okay, Collins, you're checked out on the smartgun, get it and your harness ready." Quinn said in a calm and low voice. "Kurosaki, what was your marksmanship score back in basic? And don't forget your secondary weapon."

Quinn himself was loading up his pulse rifle with four grenades already loaded in, four more grenades and four M108 canister shells that would prove useful in close combat. For his secondary weapon, Quinn pulled an M3A4. Holstering the pistol and slinging his rifle over his shoulders so it hung in front of him, he grabbed the medical kit and pulled it onto his back. Adjusting the pistol so it wouldn't interfere with his equipment, he listened to Kurosaki's and Collins' replies.
"I achieved a 'professional' rating, uhh... medic. I guess I could take the sniper rifle and hang in those towers over there."

Dugan wrote: Simovic waited until his section had armed and formed up back at the ruined building. "Ok heres the deal, we have been assigned to defend hese two towers" he pointed to the NE and NW towers "I want 1st Squad in the NE, as this squad holds some of the best marksman I will leave it to Cpl Heart to decide who will use the sections M42 Sniper Rifle. I will lead 2nd Squad and we are going to hole up in the NW tower, if either tower is overun fall back to this building. We will have fire support from the two dropships so make use of this if you see any large troop build ups or armor" Simovic handed backpack PRC-252 radios to Kurosaki and Logan "These will be powerful enough to communicate with the dropships as our own short range radios lack the range. Ok are their any questions?". Simovic then grabbed his rifle and waited to see if there were any questions before leading 2nd Squad to the NW tower.

"Uhh... Thanks sir. Requesting use of sniper rifle and maybe a submachine gun if that is okay sir."

Kurosaki grabbed his pistol and his pulse rifle, just in case the sergeant said no to his request. He slung the Prick 252 over his back and made sure it fit right and would not interfere with his movements.

(OOC: Looks like I have the 'Prick' Radio and I'm the comm tech. Looks like gunstealler is out of a job.)
Last edited by Kurosaki, Ichigo on Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Return to “USCM 2.0 - Gothic Serpent Campaign”