Lurkers Icecream!

Anything & Everything
StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Lurkers Icecream!

Post by StConstantine » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 pm

so i was interested to see who is actually lurking around, and maybe get to know people a little. Soooo ill start maybe :p

Hi guys and gals, my name is Con, and i post as StConstantine, calling me either is good, I hail from Melbourne, Australia, im a student studying Engineering and Uni and im like 20 years old or something.
I play DnD and other RPGs, as well as some video games :P im a full on nerd, but as you all know chicks dig that sort of thing right?
I used to post on this forum a few years back when i was in highschool, but stopped just because of time and things.
I like vanilla icecream.

p.s. this stuff can be as general or as personal as u like =] its more just a little to say hi to people i havent said hi to before, since ive been out of it a while

kbeir
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Lurkers Icecream!

Post by kbeir » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Hey guys... loooong time no see....

I lurked around and do believe I started in a boot camp thread but I don't think I made it further than that and to be honest, I don't remember it was so long ago.

But I obviously still have my account here and received the PM and remembered this place and was like "oh crap I liked that."

So here I am swinging on by.

Time is a precious thing as I'm still in the Marine Corps and now they've swung me over from California to Japan. The country is still as fun as I remember but work keeps me almost too busy to get out and enjoy it.

Been RPGing forever and have recently gotten involved with the gaming club on base playing warhammer 40k again and convinced a few of them to get involved in a game of Shadowrun (4th ed), on top of that I'm running a play by post d20 WW2 campaign for friends at home (who have never played RPGs until now) and my dad, AND I'm quite involved in another forum that plays "PLanes and Mercs" or as we call it... "Ace Combat the RPG with lots of realism." (2 PC's died in the first round of missions out of 16, one was heavily wounded, the GM doesn't mess around) .

Anyways its nice to be back and if you can allow it, I'd love to return to USCMRPG as well.

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 am

Hey Kbeir, nice to meetchya
and convinced a few of them to get involved in a game of Shadowrun (4th ed)
I loooooove shadowrun its an epic game =]. Nothing like running my Private Eye magician around causing poeple to reveal their secrets then fall over twitching!

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Good idea Con.

I too am a current member of SA (shadowrunners anonymous) in that I played years ago but found ye olde D&D much more to my liking.
I have played the same bard for a decade now, and people still refer to me by his name. I have killed gods, dated demons and statues stand in my honour.

But enough of that.

I'm rapidly nearing my thirties, and have achieved very little in my time, I won a games tournament in my youth, and defeated even the guys from nintendo. Those here long in the tooth may remember the (now) fairly average title killer instinct. Thats it, thats my claim to fame. I beat nintendo.

Music: I love Primus and am quite partial to some Amon Amarth. I also like anything by Akira Yamaoka (the guy behind the music of the Silent hill games) and have uber respect for Yoko Kanno (she has amazing talent across nearly all genres) and Phillip Glass.

Games: you gotta love Metal Gear Solid, most FPS's (you can usually find me Rainbow six vegas 2, Best.Cover.System.Ever.) quite a few RPG's (3D dot game heroes being one of the coolest in years) and the Silent Hill, and Monster Hunter series.
Aliens:Colonial Marines is gonna destroy my free time, and if anyone wants to form a clan upon its imminent release, PM me.
(it better have co-op multiplayer/campaign, or I'm gonna be irritated.)

I do not play WOW. Scenery that is colourful enough to be distracting annoys me. Also 9 million noobs playing they're first rpg is not a tempting thought. I kinda like games that require skill. If you wanna mash 1,3,and 6, get a calculator and avoid the subscription fee.

Any 'monster hunters' out there? from the Ps2 days? Ours was the first clan. In an apt twist, I titled us 'sunders shadowrunners'.

If you were online in the heady Halo 2 days, chances are I played you at some point.

My Gamertag is Soul Sunder.I also go by Mad Reaper and Ven7etta, you may have heard of me.

So, hi to all the veterans, and welcome to all the new guys joining up, you're gonna love this game.
-Red.

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm

For the new guys here the short version of me.

My name i Nick i am 32 years old. I have been roleplaying since I was 7 years old and I still remember my first roleplaying session! I have been a GM regularly since the age of 12. I have run several online RPGs, none as long as this one though. The first online RPG I participated in was USCMPBEM (play by email as opposed to USCMRPG who plays over forum) run by Chris Deale.

I was 16 years old and I played in that for two years before it died. Me and another Veteran USCM player and close friend of mine Tash (Natasha) started USCMRPG late 2005 as I needed something to put my thoughts into as my mother was dying in cancer - My mother passed silently in late 2006. The game had by then expanded greatly and at one time we (me and Pale Rider) were running two platoons simulateanously. We also created a rules set for the game, independantly developed. Somewhere along the way things got way too complicated and I took the hard decision to use the Aliens Adventure Game instead - Which cost us a few players but it was that or cardiac arrest for the GM. Pale Rider lost his work and had to leave as GM. I ran the game for a period up until a year ago when it was either let go or kill the game. Quinn and Max stepped up. Now I am taking the GM torch again as things are looking much better on the work front for me.

So what do I do when I don't GM:
I work as a police officer and mainly as a narcotics police, with a few warrants in between. I am also a first tier weapons instructor which means I teach police students and train police weapon instructors. I am also a member of the special police tactics units which a little simplified are a kind of riot police minus the shields. I have also served in a military light infantry unit for short period of time, but no active duty in a combat zone - But I at least I have some military experience so I think I can get the "feel" right ;)

On my free time (which have been zero for a long time, but things are looking way better now) I train krav maga (Israeli army close combat system) and read books about world war 2. I also like writing and thinking up stories that just end up laying around on my HDD collecting electronic dust...

That was the short version of me.

//Nick the GM

Quinn
First Lieutenant

Post by Quinn » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Eh, baring my soul to all you lot? What bad stuff could come of that? ;D

Name's Quinn, been using it as a nickname for about seven years now, and I answer to it as well as my given name. I'm currently in college (or trying to be, because it costs a lot of money these days). Going to be a History Major, sub-specializing in U.S. Military History. Going ROTC to become an officer in the Army, and I like to view myself as one of the cadets with a head on his shoulders (I actually ask the Sergeant if what I'm about to do is a good idea). Going Spec. Ops. would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath on getting into there. Same for pilot, but one hopes. If all else fails, I'd want to be a tanker. Yes, I'm a tread head.

In the meantime, I play airsoft when I can and I've been practicing martial arts for over sixteen years (off and on). Currently in Shotokan, got my first blue belt (third belt).

kbeir
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kbeir » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:26 pm

I guess I could add more than just the "regular" geek stuff.

Well everything I do is geek stuff in one way or another..

Like I said I'm a US Marine Sergeant and F/A-18 Hydraulics/Structures Technician. Or what we call an "Airframer" its a long tireless, repetitious and mostly thankless job. I sorta despise it and wanna break into Counter-Intel/Intel/Combat Camera. Just something different.

My main hobbies apart from gaming both on the tabletop and on the PC/Consoles are American Civil War/WW2/Vietnam reenacting. Of course tied up with that is an immense interest in military history that stemmed from assembling/painting models. My primary focus is the Ostfront and the PTO as well as the 442nd RCT and 34th Infantry Division's campaigns (since that is my primary impression)

I also have begun collections in the costuming area of the world, attempting to throw together a Colonial Marine Costume (of which I have a helmet, uniform, boots, and a motion tracker), and a BSG Colonial Marine costume (which is halfway there as well). Both were in the hopes of attending something like San Diego Comic Con dressed for the occasion.

Other than that I enjoy getting out and traveling (Kyoto is by far my #1 favorite city, with Route 66 being my favorite road trip), and I have about a year of experience in Doces Pares Eskrima in the San Miguel style. Sadly I haven't been up on my training since I've moved countries and that upsets me as Eskrima was something I thoroughly enjoyed.

Helmet Graffiti is the spice of life! 2 3

StConstantine
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by StConstantine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

On my free time (which have been zero for a long time, but things are looking way better now) I train krav maga
NICE, i would love to do a little krav maga, its such an awesome martial arts. I myself have a black belt in Goju Ryu Karate, ive been training for something like 8 years now, and am currently trying to pick up some more point fighting competition experience, which is good fun

Nick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Looks like a competent bunch of kick ass players. :)

//N

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:08 am

Hey guy's I'm Johnny and I live in Japan.

I'm currently a High School Student on the outskirts of Tokyo and have been at the same school for the majority of my life. I have been a part of this game for about four years and have throughly enjoyed it! I have lived in Japan all my life as well.

Obi
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Obi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:27 am

Hello all!

I'm Obi, been on here for quite a bit and still loving it. In the real world I am a Signalman in the Royal Australian Navy and have been for about ten years now. Been on a few real life OPS and still enjoying cruising around the blue sending Semaphore and Morse (retro texting for you young ones out there :)

Looking forward to rescuing a few colonist daughters with you all.

Cheers

Obi.
CPL Mike "Obi" O'Brien
Communications Operator

kbeir
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kbeir » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 am

Kurosaki, Ichigo wrote:Hey guy's I'm Johnny and I live in Japan.

I'm currently a High School Student on the outskirts of Tokyo and have been at the same school for the majority of my life. I have been a part of this game for about four years and have throughly enjoyed it! I have lived in Japan all my life as well.
Bummer I'm down in the south (Iwakuni). I love it here. Going to the Tsuwano Yabasume Sunday.

Glad to know I'm not alone in the GMT+9 area out here in the West Pacific Rim. :D

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 am

..There's a few us us in GMT+10:30

Mwahaha. That means we are an hour and a half better than you GMT niners. ;D

-Red.

kbeir
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kbeir » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 am

Bah...

But think about it...

We're in the future compared to the ones in the GMT-# zones :D

Careful I'll come down there...

Literally. My plan is to vacation in Darwin with my godfather (he really is!) or down to Melbourne with a friend.

rednus
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post by rednus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey, cool!

You're gonna love Melbourne,
Darwin...not so much. :P

who's with me on this?

-Red.

Return to “Off topic”