Out of the Pot and into the Fire

The 6th campaign.
Pale Rider
Major

Post by Pale Rider » Thu May 15, 2008 12:15 pm

The weary and badly distressed marines stumbled into the landing bay where LT. Thompson and the synthetics had set up triage to deal with the injured. A defensive perimeter had been established to provide the marines an opportunity to regroup and rearm. Orders had come down the pike from Captain McCoy that they were to get patched up and prepare to go down into the nest, with the death of the queen the feeling of intelligence was that they should be able to garner valuable information. To show just how generous he was feeling Captain McCoy had released James Screaming Eagle from the brig and sent him down into hell the current Marines were living in.
GM

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Kurosaki, Ichigo
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post by Kurosaki, Ichigo » Thu May 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Petrova continued to stand guard. When he heard that they were going back, he was suprised... and scared. He had seen what happened to the marine. He had a bad feeling that he was going to die. His face shown his emotions.

Sergeant 黒崎、イチゴ
Third Squad Leader
3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
M41A Pulse Rifle

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu May 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Morse was very relieved to see that they had set up a medical station. He could fix up some of them, but he knew Winter wouldn't be going back in there, no matter what. And Fox, well he probably couldnt go back in there anyway

He would need to begin on working on them imediatly, so he did

Set WInter down over there, im gonna need to put him into surgery imediatly

<tag Ward

They set down Winter on a table, and Morse began getting to work, it seemed rather hasty but Morse didnt want to waste any time

Alright Sam, your a gonna go night night for a bit, when ya wake up, you'll be fine, 75% and ready

<tag Sam

Morse then administered the anestisia, but then he saw they bring up Fox next and Morse said

Set Fox down over there, Synthetic, begin a mussle regeneration process on his legs, he got some really deep burns

<tag Fox and Synthetics

Morse then looked back to Sam, Sam was suprisingly resistent to the anesthesia, It took him a while to finally pass out, but he did eventually.

Morse steralized his hands and began to work on the wounded Marine. They had a bone building unit there, thank God for that. Morse scanned into it, Sam's Femur size, and it began building a brand new femur for him, essentially it would be made out of plastic, but it would work and feel exactly like the same thing.

The bone building process would take a few minutes atleast, so Morse began on other things

Morse assumed that Fox was being dealt with and Morse would make sure in a moment, but Morse wanted to check something. He had a suspision, something that he wanted to make sure of imediatly. He had a blood sample from Erika from earlier. So he checked it with his medical scan unit. Data ran across the screen but, something was there that wasn't right.

Morse was very confused by this, so he had the blood checked again, and sure enough the same anomaly happened. So he ran a cross scan, a scan within a scan. He had a bit of a shock with what he saw, and looked up, then looked back down.

Holy shit, that cant be right... What the hell... maybe it is Morse said in a very confused tone

<tag anyone

He hid the scan imediatly and looked up, now he had questions that he had to ask, a question that no scan he could do right now could answer.

His expression went back to what it ussually was, but it was obvious Morse was hiding something.

He walked across the area rather quickly, and stopped next to Erika and whispered something in her ear, somethin that it seemed he didnt anyone else to hear.

<Tag Erika

(OCC: Please dont call what im doing power gaming, im just trying to get the wounded fixed, shouldnt take long)
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu May 15, 2008 2:32 pm

James Screaming Eagle walked over to Dirk's body. He knelt down, said something in his peoples language and stood.

"Bull isn't going to take this well" He said to no one but the lifeless body

He walked over to Dugan"It looks like we're doing as well as always. It's your fight Dugan. Where do you want me?" He said watching the platoon get treated and readyed for combat.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Pulse Rifle w/ 4 grenades, 8 canister shells
M1911 Colt .45 caliber Sidearm
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Dugan
First Lieutenant

Post by Dugan » Thu May 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Simovic and the rest of the Marines clambered into the defensive perimeter, the synthetics came over and hurried the badly injured away to receive treatment. Simovic liaised with Lt. Thompson and Lt. Morrison about the new orders. He too was surprised they were being sent back in but at least they'd have the chance to try and rescue the MIA's and Pitt's death wouldn't have been in vein.
Dirk Pitt wrote:
He walked over to Dugan"It looks like we're doing as well as always. It's your fight Dugan. Where do you want me?" He said watching the platoon get treated and readyed for combat.
"Hello again sir, good to see your back out on the battlefield where you belong. As we are unfortunately down a Squad Leader, I could do with you taking over from Pitt".

He clicked his comms onto the platoon channel

"Captain McCoy has ordered us back into the Engine Rooms, which was being used as the Queens nest. What we're find down there I'm unsure about but we still have a chance in rescuing the missing Marines. There is spare ammunition and weapons in the dropship plus I took the liberty of loading three sets of spare M3 armour, cannibalize the parts you need. We've also received a new platoon roster so the squads will be re-organised as follows. Command Squad (Cue Balls) Morrison, Honeysett, Quinn & Hor. 1st Squad (Break Shots) Screaming Eagle, Fox, Ishizawa & Ward. 2nd Squad (Trick Shots) Jonnson, Petrova, Schrodder & Myself. 3rd Squad (Dead Shots) Roberts, Hoffman, Winter & Morse. Some squads will be down men but we will just have to make do for now".

[O.O.C I'll also update the roster with the new squads]
Image Ssg Dugan Simovic, Platoon Sergeant                 
ImageImage

Erika
Second Lieutenant

Post by Erika » Thu May 15, 2008 3:43 pm

[quote=""Morse""]He walked across the area rather quickly, and stopped next to Erika and whispered something in her ear, somethin that it seemed he didnt anyone else to hear.

[/quote]

Erika sat on the floor trying to eat a piece of a power bar and drinking some water. Her M56 near her and her arms around her knees.

More sat close to her, he started speaking but she already knew what Morse was saying to her.

She had strange smile, then some tears appeard from her eyes.

She put her head on Morse's shoulder while crying and said something into his ear.
Erika HOFFMANN
SMARTGUNNER

gunstealler
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by gunstealler » Thu May 15, 2008 3:48 pm

"sir yes sir"

Moving over to get a new chest plate.

"Damn we are going on another express train to hell"
img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... 428yb2.png[/img]
PFC J.Hor
3rd Div. 2nd Reg. 8th Platoon Cue Balls
Radio Operator
been to hell and back

"game over man game over" hudson my idol

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Dugan wrote: "Hello again sir, good to see your back out on the battlefield where you belong. As we are unfortunately down a Squad Leader, I could do with you taking over from Pitt".

He clicked his comms onto the platoon channel

"Captain McCoy has ordered us back into the Engine Rooms, which was being used as the Queens nest. What we're find down there I’m unsure about but we still have a chance in rescuing the missing Marines. There is spare ammunition and weapons in the dropship plus I took the liberty of loading three sets of spare M3 armour, cannibalize the parts you need. We've also received a new platoon roster so the squads will be re-organised as follows. Command Squad (Cue Balls) Morrison, Honeysett, Quinn & Hor. 1st Squad (Break Shots) Screaming Eagle, Fox, Ishizawa & Ward. 2nd Squad (Trick Shots) Jonnson, Petrova, Schrodder & Myself. 3rd Squad (Dead Shots) Roberts, Hoffman, Winter & Morse. Some squads will be down men but we will just have to make do for now".

James listened as Dugan told them how it was going to be."It's good to be back. 1st squad will be just fine. Too bad about Pitt. I know his cousin from RECON." James said as he felt the tomahawk in his belt.

He walked to 1st squad."I'm not Pitt, but I knew him. From the first time I met him he was a warrior. I have been listening to the comm. You have a chance to do what he gave his life for. To go into that nest and try to pull those guys out. I know that if he were alive and the three of you were dead, he would have gone back in, no questions asked. Get ready Marines. We're going back in" He said holding the gaze of each Marine.
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 15, 2008 4:55 pm

"Roger." Ward said, though somewhere deep inside he just wanted to ditch the station and blow it to bits.

Ward then walked over to Schrodder and patted him on the shoulder.

"Guess they're breakin' the team up. Damn. Wanted to be in the same squad as you, or Lance Corporal Roberts. Oh well, shit happens. Just do me a favor and don't die. I mean, I'm not here to watch your back now." Ward said, grinning at his friend.

Ward walked back to his unit and felt more than a little out of place. He was only FNG in the squad he was in. And even though it was the same with Pitt's squad, he was at least getting to know the men in that squad a bit.

"Gunny, is first squad heading in first or another squad?" Ward inquired, looking at his newfound squad leader.

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/ ... fmedal.gif[/img]
Private J. Ward
0311: Rifleman
3/2, 8th Platoon
U.S. Colonial Marine Corps

Dirk Pitt
First Lieutenant

Post by Dirk Pitt » Thu May 15, 2008 5:13 pm

"Unless I miss my guess, Ward. We'll be first in. Hit em hard and hold the door open for the platoon. He said back as he put on the black and green Marine war paint
Cpl Dirk Pitt
First squad leader

Gear
Smoke Grenade x2
KBAR Combat Knife
Portable Welder
Ithaca Shotgun

Non Combat Equipment
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 15, 2008 5:17 pm

"You got it, Gunny." Ward said, feigning a grin.

He was tired, in pain, and now they were going back in. It felt like recruit training all over again, except this time, the enemy was almost impossible to see, intelligent, and ruthless. He despised those creatures. They were the last thing he wanted to see. And he meant it when he said last thing. He would rather fight some pirates or terrorists, but not aliens with an agenda to kill or capture anything that is not of their species.
Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Roberts was enraged at McCoy. It wasw all he could do to keep from screaming. He was so angry at McCoy and the world. He looked at Quinn, and said, "Is there any chance you can get my arm fixed for this next mission so I can be useful?" His voice was aggravated, but it was nothing compared to what he was feeling. McCoy didn't care about Dirk, or the guys that had been captured. He wanted 'intel'. Eric spat on the ground.

Looking at his left shoulder-plate, and saw the seven slash-marks in it. He pulled out his knife and carved one more, Dirk Pitt. He hoped he wouldn't have to for the other guys that were lost out there.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Sgt_Cartwright
Chief Warrant Officer 4

Post by Sgt_Cartwright » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Ward noticed the look of anger on Roberts' face and walked up to him, patting him on the back in reassurement.

"Yo, I know this is bullshit. Let's just make the captain happy and get the fuck out of the suck? Oorah?" Ward whispered.

Last thing they needed was an extremely pissed off Marine. He would have to be frosty. Ward sympathised for Roberts' as he felt much the same. He had gone in there to get the Eights' out of the combat zone, now they were going back.

"Sir, with all due respect, why the fuck are we going back? Morrison's men, including me, went down to get the Eights' out and now you want all of us to go back down?" Ward said, knowing he would probably get chewed out. Oh well.

Private J. Ward
3/2, 8th Platoon

Corporal Hicks
Major

Post by Corporal Hicks » Thu May 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Sgt_Cartwright wrote:Ward noticed the look of anger on Roberts' face and walked up to him, patting him on the back in reassurement.

"Yo, I know this is bullshit. Let's just make the captain happy and get the fuck out of the suck? Oorah?" Ward whispered.
"Oohrah." he whispered back.
ImageSgtMaj. Danny Sykes - Platoon NCO
USCM Special Forces Recon Team
Serial Number: D26/TQ6.3.48412E9

Morse
Captain

Post by Morse » Thu May 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Morse heard what Erika said, and he thought for a second, he had a puzzled yet concerned look on his face and he said

Alright, Erika's set and ready to go, she's a had a bit of a psycho shock, but she'll be fine, she just wants to bugs, and i figure you guys could use a heavy gunner

<tag Erika, and the squad leader

Morse walked back to the main group, and he heard what Roberts said about his arm, and then he he looked at it.

He was suprised that he hadnt noticed it before. But the man hadnt complained about it, and he didnt even seem to be in a whole lot of pain, or alteast if he was, he wasnt showin it

I got it, I got it... Shit man, your hell of a fighter, this gash looks like it stings like a bitch

<tag Roberts

Morse administered morphine, which was his standard procedure, then aplied alcohal onto the slash marks. The cuts werent very deep, they might scar, but it didnt need stiches, that was the good news.

Morse then just wrapped it up with bandages, and made sure it was tight. His body would just heal itself from there, from what Morse could figure

Ya, you'll be set and good for this i figure

<tag Roberts
Image-SSG Allen Morse - Squad Leader
-3rd Bn, 2nd Reg, 1st Co, 8th Plt
- DEVIL DAWG
- M41A Pulse Rifle - M4 Pistol - Med Kit
Image Image Image Image

Return to “USCM 1.0 - False Cross Campaign”